Snowdon is a dummy

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:24 am
@JPB,
Quote:
The fact that the "acrid smell and reddish rainbow" impacted many New Yorkers and lingers still, but yet didn't result in you standing up to scream "STOP DOING THIS ELSEWHERE" demonstrates the American self-interest that is so obvious to everyone else in the world.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST INKLING WHAT I DO!, JPB. All you can do is speculate. I am active in campus Divestment from Israel which remains one of the sore spots of American foreign policy in the Middle East....those people hate us because of the US double standard, paying lip service to the Palestinians while allowing Israel to continue building settlements while holding its boot on the neck of these people is an abomination! If the US meant the Palestinians well, they would reduce some of the 3 billion dollars they contribute to Israel annually....That would soon put a halt to the settlement building.

I am very much a political activist. How the heck can one remain inactive when we see our country drowning in thugs like the TEA PARTY! One can gag over and over at what's taking place in America today! However, when it comes to betraying my country, the only home I know, Edward Snowden will never get a pat on the back from me. In fact, I cannot stomach the man.
engineer

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:27 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I'm sure this would never happen, but if your husband was cheating on you and someone else knew the truth, would you rather they tell you, betraying your husband's confidence or let you live ignorant of the truth of your relationship? I thought my government was living up to its end of the Constitution and I was living up to mine, but Snowden showed me the truth.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:49 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

That's absolutely not true. That is in the section of what he calls us to do (come to Islam), but it is nowhere in the section under "why".

Quote:

(Q1) Why are we fighting and opposing you?
Q2)What are we calling you to, and what do we want from you?

As for the first question: Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple:

(1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.
Full text

anyway... back to Snowdon, who I don't believe is any dummy. I also don't believe he's a hero in the Daniel Ellsberg realm. I don't see that he's a traitor either. It's too soon to know what he's about.

Quote:
(Q2) As for the second question that we want to answer: What are we calling you to, and what do we want from you?

(1) The first thing that we are calling you to is Islam.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:49 am
@engineer,
Quote:

I'm sure this would never happen, but if your husband was cheating on you and someone else knew the truth, would you rather they tell you, betraying your husband's confidence or let you live ignorant of the truth of your relationship?

How interesting, Engineer. My take on monogamy might surprise the average individual. My husband is much too busy to have an extramarital affair, but if he did, I certainly would not dissolve my marriage because of it.

Monogamy is not natural, non-monogamy is not natural. Variation is what's natural; although there are couples who will live their entire lives without being unfaithful to their significant other. My husband is an educated man and if perchance he did err I'm sure he would not bring home a sexually transmitted disease.

If my husband were to have an affair I would rather not know........
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

How are they going to have "probable cause" without first looking for it?...

This has to be the classic misunderstanding of the Constitution of all time. The 4th Amendment states that "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause..." They don't get to violate your privacy to look for probably cause.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:53 am
@engineer,
Quote:
I thought my government was living up to its end of the Constitution and I was living up to mine, but Snowden showed me the truth.

Engineer, all's fair in love and war. If my country is under attack and American citizens the victims, I would hope my government would do everything in its power to protect me and I'm not too particular about the details.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:56 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
I thought my government was living up to its end of the Constitution and I was living up to mine, but Snowden showed me the truth.

Engineer, all's fair in love and war. If my country is under attack and American citizens the victims, I would hope my government would do everything in its power to protect me and I'm not too particular about the details.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
-Benjamin Franklin
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
-Benjamin Franklin

Ah, Brandon, in a perfect world, the Benjamin Franklin quote might fit right in. However, our cultural society is undergoing change as we speak. One day, hopefully, the world will be little safer, more secure, `but until that time rolls around I'll go with what I feel safest with....Danger lurks all around us because of the many enemies America has made....now is not the time to drop one's guard but to be even more vigilant.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:12 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, Don't you read "all" my posts? It seems you are not up to date.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
At least you think facts over in your own mind and come to a decision rather than let some crooked political or business organization make it up for you. Happy 4th everyone!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Brandon, Don't you read "all" my posts? It seems you are not up to date.

Okay, got it. Unfortunately, I read them in order. Sorry.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:56 am
@Brandon9000,
"Those who would fail to demand their governments stop terrorizing others, to stop stealing their wealth, to stop slaughtering others and then allow fascists to rule them simply in order to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. What they deserve is a good swift kick in the pants to jar them from their ignorance and woeful indifference to the vicious crimes committed with their connivance and their dollars."
-Benjamin Franklin [from the grave]
engineer

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:56 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

If my country is under attack and American citizens the victims, I would hope my government would do everything in its power to protect me and I'm not too particular about the details.

Are you ok with your government banning cars to protect you? Much better chance of success there. How about rounding up all the Muslims in the country and putting them in internment camps? That would clearly have prevented the Boston bombings. How about banning Islam in the United States? Preventative nuclear strikes on Iran? "The devil is in the details."
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:02 am
Want to know why we get into so many foreign wars. We have a military that is about 10 times as large as we need for the protection of our borders. We back countries that suppress their citizens with our military power. We spread that military power all over the world and naturally people like Bush have to show what large balls they have by putting into danger our young peoples balls. We need to reduce the military so politicians arnt able to use it for political purposes. And if I were president the first General who got on TV and publically opposed me would be looking for a job the next day.
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:02 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Ah, Brandon, in a perfect world, the Benjamin Franklin quote might fit right in.

And just who is it that has created this imperfect world, MIT? Why should millions of innocents around the world have to suffer and die, have their daily bread stolen from them, have their lives ruined just so the US can advance its already grotesque level of wealth.

Consider the vast wealth that the US has stolen since the end of the 19th century. Is the US any different from the most loathsome band of pirates?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:04 am
@engineer,
I live in a country which had had two long periods where the governments wanted to protect the citizens.

One killed the Jews and started a world war for the benefit of it's citizens, the other built a wall and fences around the country to protect them ... Both had rather good spy agencies, too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:21 am
@RABEL222,
Our governments recent support of Morsi is an excellent example of how our government seems to choose the wrong side of foreign affairs. Morsi selected only brotherhood officials, and didn't listen to all the people of Egypt. The problem that stems from the overthrow of the democratically elected president is the fact that there is now a vacuum of leadership in Egypt.

Egypt's political problems cannot be cured by US intervention; a lesson we never seem to learn.

Look at Iraq today; more killings and deaths now after our government's attempt to "bring democracy to Iraq."

We never learn - and nor does Obama.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:24 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

"Those who would fail to demand their governments stop terrorizing others, to stop stealing their wealth, to stop slaughtering others and then allow fascists to rule them simply in order to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. What they deserve is a good swift kick in the pants to jar them from their ignorance and woeful indifference to the vicious crimes committed with their connivance and their dollars."
-Benjamin Franklin [from the grave]

If you mean to assert something, be specific. Otherwise, you're asserting nothing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:30 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Frank, why not respond properly to JTT's question?

Why do you malign those who tell Americans the truth?

Frank Apisa wrote:

JTT wrote:

Sorry, Frank I missed your response to.

Why is it that you show such respect for known liars, war criminals, terrorists, felons but you malign those who tell you the truth?

Drunk Drunk

Why don't you?
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Why don't you?

Frank Apisa's Signature line:
To acknowledge what you do not know – is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don’'t – is a display of weakness.