37

Snowdon is a dummy

-2  
Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 06:50 am
@Agent1741,
Agent1741 wrote:
I have only seen the movie & I thought it portrayed him in a very good light. My observations are that he saw massive cover ups, miss treatment, lies etc all "in the name of the country" & he blew the whistle on it!!! it was a shocking movie in that regard & this should not be happening!! Its a pity there are not a few more people will to do what's right!! Were that not happening I feel sure more of what is going on (in the way of this sort of thing) would not be happening because they would fear accountability, which currently is sadly lacking in massive amounts!
It sounds as if the movie was misleading. All Snowden did was expose the methods that our intelligence agencies were using to hunt terrorists.

It is likely that a number of recent terrorist attacks around the world would have been prevented if not for the damage that he did to our intelligence agencies.

Did the movie also overlook the women that he raped?

Agent1741

1  
Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 07:08 pm
I do not remember anything about rape in the movie. I still agree with his actions though. If you (someone) was asked to "turn a blind eye" to what illegal acts your country was doing how would you react? How can there be any credibility when this is going on? In the movie "Snowdon" is sent to supposedly interrogate (or oversee it) a terrorist leader. They use waterboarding (which is illegal) & in the end Snowdon says that this person was not even a leader anyway yet look what they did to him!! By definition then if you do not stand with Snowdon they one can only assume that you are "ok" with what our government are doing?

-1  
Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 07:37 pm
@Agent1741,
Agent1741 wrote:
If you (someone) was asked to "turn a blind eye" to what illegal acts your country was doing how would you react? How can there be any credibility when this is going on?
There is nothing even remotely illegal about the government attempting to detect terrorists before they strike.

And that is the only thing that Snowden exposed. He revealed the lawful techniques that the US was using to detect terrorists, thereby helping those terrorists to evade detection.

Agent1741 wrote:
In the movie "Snowdon" is sent to supposedly interrogate (or oversee it) a terrorist leader. They use waterboarding (which is illegal) & in the end Snowdon says that this person was not even a leader anyway yet look what they did to him!!
Sounds like the movie was entirely fiction. Snowden didn't do anything like that.

Agent1741 wrote:
By definition then if you do not stand with Snowdon they one can only assume that you are "ok" with what our government are doing?
I am indeed OK with the government using lawful techniques to detect terrorists before they strike.

2  
Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 09:16 pm
@Agent1741,
There are so many things wrong with our government today, I don't know where to start. Tax reform? Tariffs? Presidential lies? Border wall?
Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Woman who sheltered Edward Snowden is granted asylum in Canada
Canada has granted asylum to a woman who helped Edward Snowden hide in Hong Kong after his leaks exposed US global surveillance programs, a refugee rights association said on Monday.

Vanessa Rodel and her seven-year-old daughter Keana were scheduled to arrive in Toronto later on Monday on a flight from Hong Kong, the non-profit organization For the Refugees said.

Rodel was among a group of people who sheltered Snowden, a former CIA employee and US National Security Agency (NSA) contractor, putting him up in her apartment in 2013 while he was in Hong Kong on the run from US authorities.

His leaks of highly classified documents revealed the existence of global surveillance programs run by the NSA in cooperation with Australia, Britain and Canada.

Snowden, who now lives in Russia, was charged in June 2013 in the United States with espionage and stealing state secrets.

Canada granted Rodel, a Philippines national, and her daughter asylum in January but it was kept secret for security reasons, according to For the Refugees.

Five other people who helped Snowden have also requested asylum but remain in Hong Kong awaiting a response, according to the daily National Post.

The Canadian prime minister, Justin Trudeau, declined to comment on the development.

“Because this is a situation regarding a specific case,” he said, “it would be inappropriate for me to comment further.”

Canada’s immigration ministry also declined to comment but said that in “exceptional circumstances” requests for asylum can be accelerated.

Radio Canada said Rodel was under pressure from Hong Kong authorities and faced a risk of deportation to the Philippines.

1  
Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
As much as I hate what's happening to this country under Donald Trump, I feel he is a one-time president who is already labeled the "worst president in history." His approval rating is lowest in history, so his chances at another term should be minimal. I'm ready for a breather that brings us back to our better nature and reputation.
https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/trumps-approval-rating-sinks-lowest-recorded-history-gallup/