Snowdon is a dummy

RABEL222

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:08 pm
@BillRM,
Three posts and you dident say shyt but repeated fox tv gobble de gook. Still cant think for yourself?
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:22 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
ree posts and you dident say shyt but repeated fox tv gobble de gook. Still cant think for yourself?

Fox cover the materials in my last three postings??????????

My they went over how even a powerful government have a hard time keeping secrets even the secret of the Manhattan project let alone the means and techniques for spying on the internet or attacking computers.

Or that there are a lot of things we could do to save thousands of lives a year if we did not value privacy beside doing massive spying on the traffic of the internet.

Never knew that fox was so on top of the issues.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:18 pm
BOTTOM LINE: Snowden is NOT a dummy. And he deserves a fair trial.

I hope he gets one!
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Bottom line he deserve a metal not a trial fair or otherwise.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:16 pm
@BillRM,

H. G. Wells published a story in 1914 about weapons that would derive their power from splitting atoms, which would be powerful enough for a single bomb to destroy an entire city. He decided to call them "atom bombs".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Set_Free

He got things wrong though. He did not envision the energy being released all at once. He saw A-bombs as a sort of sabotaged reactor that would create a "China Syndrome" type of nuclear meltdown where they were dropped.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 10:17 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

All those people in France who Snowden just helped to murder might have a different opinion.
BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:00 pm
@oralloy,
Oh so Snowden help to murder all those people as but for snowden informations the plot would had been found out in time and you know this because?

You do know that terrorists had developed their own encrypting programs before repeat before snowden went public and was taking other precaution before snowden such as using burner phones and human couriers?

In fact before snowden all the terrorists plots was being stop and after snowden no terrorists plots had been stop is that your claim?

In any case, the terrorists did not need a head up but the american people sure the hell did.

BillRM

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:12 pm
@oralloy,
However the story I was referring to got a lot of the engineering details correct, driving the bomb security people of the time crazy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 02:27 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
All those people in France who Snowden just helped to murder might have a different opinion.

You really don't care how stupid you look. Snowden's revelations have nothing to do with the Paris attacks. You're either desperate because you've run out of ideas or your addled brain actually believes this nonsense.

Either way you've lost what little credibility you had remaining.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 03:05 am
Interestingly, the only intel service mentioned in the aftermath of the Paris attack, and that was reported to have provided vital clues to French cops in their pursuit of terrorists and accomplices, was the MOROCCAN Direction de la Surveillance du Territoire. They still use the good old techniques of human intel (shadowing, etc.) plus the wiretaps but targeted at specific suspects... \

No mention of any useful intel from the NSA. Of course it doesn't mean there wasn't any but... chances are there weren't any.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 05:34 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

He may indeed deserve a "metal"...although it might prove to be the bar of Guillotine.

If you meant he deserves a medal...he ought to come back to the United States and lobby for it. The prosecutors of the Justice Department would be a good place to start. And he would find out if sane people think the same way as you on this issue.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
Snowden is under zero moral obligation to subject himself to prosecution by a government that is under the control of people who had broken their oaths to defend the constitution and who wish to prosecution Snowden for daring to exposed their oath breaking and crimes.

Try selling me the idea of him being under such an obligation when government officers are charge with lying to congress and the courts or ordering the hacking into senate computer systems for example
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:30 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Snowden is under zero moral obligation to subject himself to prosecution by a government that is under the control of people who had broken their oaths to defend the constitution and who wish to prosecution Snowden for daring to exposed their oath breaking and crimes.

We, the people, are the government, Bill...and we, as the government, will survive people like you who despise government as much as you do.

You are right, however, that Snowden is under zero moral obligation to surrender himself for prosecution. He is completely within his rights to continue to stay where he is...and not be subjected to the kind of governmental intrusion he would experience here in America.

I wish him well there.

Quote:
Try selling me the idea of him being under such an obligation when government officers are charge with lying to congress and the courts or ordering the hacking into senate computer systems for example

I have no intention of trying to sell you anything, but if I were, I would probably try to sell you on the idea of seeking psychiatric help. It appears to me you may need it.
oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:42 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Oh so Snowden help to murder all those people as but for snowden informations the plot would had been found out in time and you know this because?

Because I understand that "revealing the specific tactics that the NSA uses to hunt for terrorists" makes it very easy for terrorists to remain undetected.

BillRM wrote:
You do know that terrorists had developed their own encrypting programs before repeat before snowden went public and was taking other precaution before snowden such as using burner phones and human couriers?

It is much easier for them to avoid the NSA once they know the NSA's specific tactics.

BillRM wrote:
In fact before snowden all the terrorists plots was being stop and after snowden no terrorists plots had been stop is that your claim?

My claim is that Showden exposed specific tactics, allowing terrorists to avoid detection by the NSA.

BillRM wrote:
In any case, the terrorists did not need a head up but the american people sure the hell did.

The American people already knew that the NSA was listening. Exposing specific tactics did not do anything to help the American people.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
So I need mental help to think that we the people are the government idea does not work when the executive branch had been taking anti-constitutional actions in secret?

That it does not work when the executive branch is not only lying to we the people but to the other two branches of our government or even attacking the other branches by for example hacking into the computer systems being used to monitor their actions by congress.
oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:43 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
No mention of any useful intel from the NSA. Of course it doesn't mean there wasn't any but... chances are there weren't any.

Of course there wasn't. Snowden saw to it that the Paris attackers would escape detection by the NSA.
oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:44 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The only person here who has broken an oath and/or committed a crime is Snowden himself. The government has done nothing wrong, broken no oath, and committed no crime.

BillRM wrote:

Lying to Congress is normal Washington politics.

Lying to the courts? Cite?

The Senate computers were hacked because the CIA had reason to believe that the Senate was compromising highly sensitive information.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:48 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

So I need mental help to think that we the people are the government idea does not work when the executive branch had been taking anti-constitutional actions in secret?

In my opinion, you need mental help for a variety of reasons...not just those.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:50 am
i'm not sure about snowden, but i do agree that all politicians everywhere deserve a metal

bar, struck hard, to the back of the head
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 06:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Because I understand that "revealing the specific tactics that the NSA uses to hunt for terrorists" makes it very easy for terrorists to remain undetected.

There are millions of people in the world including your truly that long before snowden knew how to remain hidden and how to communicate in a secure manner.

What snowden did was let us all know that our own damn government was using their technology against the american people.