Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:50 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Frank doesn't give a rat's ass for fairness. All he wants is revenge. A rigged trial would be A-okay in his book as long as it's rigged the way he wants it rigged.

I want a fair trial, Olivier. You...and some of the others...are the ones who apparently want a rigged trial.

Once again, Snowden deserves a fair trial...not a rigged one.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:51 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You're here to shoot at the messenger, Frank. Go ahead, shoot!

I am not interested in shooting anyone. And if you think you are "the messenger"...you are dreaming.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Snowden is the messenger in my metaphor. That's the guy you want to shoot at (i.e. demean, abuse, debase, humiliate) as a way to avoid dealing with the message.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Indeed, if there's one person on earth who deserves a fair trial, it's Snowden... But why oh why isn't the US giving him a fair trial already, do you think? After all, you only asked a few few million times. What's taking them so long???
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:06 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Snowden is the messenger in my metaphor. That's the guy you want to shoot at (i.e. demean, abuse, debase, humiliate) as a way to avoid dealing with the message.

I do not want to shoot anyone, Olivier...actually or metaphorically.

As for Snowden...what I want for him, if he decides to return to the United States, is a fair trial. I've said that many, many times.

Think about it...what you seem to want is a rigged trial.

The message here is that Snowden is not a dummy...but that he has been charged with serious crimes. If he returns to this country...or is returned...he deserves a fair trial.

Try not to let your disdain for me cause you to lose focus so easily.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Wow...then he must be having a great time.

You ought to join him since you are so favorably disposed to Russia.

You really miss the point don't you Frank? Moscow is not the Stalinist hellhole your conditioned minds believe it to be. You can have a great time there if you've got the money.

None of that means I'm remotely favourably disposed to Russia, although your McCarthyite mindset will have difficulties processing such information.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:07 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Indeed, if there's one person on earth who deserves a fair trial, it's Snowden... But why oh why isn't the US giving him a fair trial already, do you think? After all, you only asked a few few million times. What's taking them so long???

When, and if, he comes back...he will get a fair trial.

Why are you so bothered with the process?
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:08 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The truth is inappropriate.

As far as Frank's concerned it's downright anti-American.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:09 am
@Olivier5,
Oh...the United States will not conduct a trial because I ask for it. And I have not asked a few million times.

If you are not going to stay under control...you are going to look very silly in this thing you have started which I will finish.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Wow...then he must be having a great time.

You ought to join him since you are so favorably disposed to Russia.

You really miss the point don't you Frank? Moscow is not the Stalinist hellhole your conditioned minds believe it to be. You can have a great time there if you've got the money.

Where does all that come from.

I think Moscow is a superb place...with great subway stations and many interesting and beautiful places to visit.

I would LOVE to go there for a visit.

Why are you making crap like this up?

Quote:

None of that means I'm remotely favourably disposed to Russia, although your McCarthyite mindset will have difficulties processing such information.

I am about as far from a McCarthyite as is possible to get.

You apparently have lost your mind, Izzy.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

They are wasting their time for the reason I gave.

If it bothers you...tough.

None of your delusions bother me, but they should bother you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/devilbleeding/grandpanuthouse2.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7CHLoMtro3k/sddefault.jpg
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Why wait for him to come back, if it's soooo important?
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
what do YOU mean when you suggest that he cannot get a "fair trial" in America?

There's the bail system which means poor people have the choice of being banged up on remand, pleading guilty or getting in hock to a bail bondsman. The same system allows convicted felons to set themselves up as bounty hunters to track down those bail jumpers.

Then there's the racist killing of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed kid whose killer walked free, and Michael Jackson buying off the kids he molested.

Then there's the punitive sentencing, 30 years for Bradley Manning which is less than most murderers get in the developed world. Add to that plea bargaining which means most people plead guilty to a lesser offence rather than risk spending the rest of their lives banged up regardless of innocence.

Not to mention all those prisons run for profit, modern day slave labour. (You must remember that one Frank, you accused me of lying but when I gave you proof you just had to accept is was another one of those things about your country that you were ignorant of and I wasn't. Remember that?)

Capital punishment as well.

No criminal justice system is perfect, but yours has to be the most fucked up in the developed world.

Quote:
The Angola Three are three prison inmates – Robert Hillary King (born Robert King Wilkerson), Albert Woodfox and Herman Wallace – who were put in solitary confinement in Louisiana State Penitentiary, a.k.a. Angola Prison, in April 1972 after the killing of a prison guard.

Robert King spent 29 years in solitary confinement before his conviction was overturned and he was released. Wallace was released on October 1, 2013, after more than 41 years in prison, and Woodfox's unconditional release was decided on June 10, 2015 after 43 years of solitary confinement. On November 20, 2014, Woodfox had his conviction overturned by the US Court of Appeals, and in April 2015 his lawyer applied for an unconditional writ for his release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angola_Three

Snowden get a fair trial? You're having a laugh.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:30 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Why wait for him to come back, if it's soooo important?

I do not make that decision...and I am not sure it is soooo important.

Let him take his time coming back.

Justice will be waiting.

In the meantime, as I said, Moscow is a beautiful place...and he should be enjoying himself.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
No criminal justice system is perfect, but yours has to be the most fucked up in the developed world.

You are allowed to think that.

I disagree...but I defend your right to think that.

And you would be allowed to shout that in Times Square if you wanted.

Quote:
Snowden get a fair trial? You're having a laugh.

If Snowden returns...he will get a fair trial.

You do not want to see him get a fair trial...you want to see a rigged trial.

Ain't gonna happen.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
You got that right: Snowden's life is not that important. Only the hypocrites lose their time discussing it.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Moscow is not the Stalinist hellhole your conditioned minds believe it to be.

Why are you making crap like this up?

Not at all, read my post, minds, not mind meaning more than one. Korky came out with the poorly informed view of an imagined life in Russia. You seemed to go along with that so it's reasonable to assume you share those delusions.

Frank Apisa wrote:
I am about as far from a McCarthyite as is possible to get.

Keep telling yourself that Frank. You've got that with us or against us mentality, that one can't sympathise with Snowden without hating America. You're about as McCarthyite as it's possible to get. I know you can't see it, but you can't see a lot of things.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

And you would be allowed to shout that in Times Square if you wanted.

So what? You can shout the opposite in Piccadilly Circus, big ******* deal.

(Although Speaker's Corner would be more appropriate.)
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:45 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You got that right: Snowden's life is not that important. Only the hypocrites lose their time discussing it.

I notice you are discussing it...and have been for a while.

Hummmm! Wink
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10:47 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Not at all, read my post, minds, not mind meaning more than one. Korky came out with the poorly informed view of an imagined life in Russia. You seemed to go along with that so it's reasonable to assume you share those delusions.

I think you made it up...and now that I have called your attention to the fact that you made it up...you are trying an end run.

It's not going to work.

I would LOVE to visit Moscow...and I have absolutely no negative feelings regarding a visit. Wouldn't want to live there...but I wouldn't want to live in Louisiana either.
0 Replies