Snowdon is a dummy

revelette2

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Personally I wish some of you ole guys would realize a different style does not mean I need to be spoon fed as izzypush put it. I read the article several times thanks.

What is your point? I don't want to make any assumptions as you didn't add commentary other than to point to some more of the article I posted of which I already read.

My point was Russia is hardly a beacon of freedom. Are you wanting to compare Russia's privacy laws and civil liberties compared to the US?
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:37 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Snowden has not escaped to a free country by any

We know that. He's not had the chance has he? The forced landing of the Bolivian Presidential plane proved as much.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:40 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Are you wanting to compare Russia's privacy laws and civil liberties compared to the US?

It's certainly a lot easier than comparing the US to any other Western Democracy.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:59 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
What is your point? I don't want to make any assumptions as you didn't add commentary other than to point to some more of the article I posted of which I already read.

My point was Russia is hardly a beacon of freedom. Are you wanting to compare Russia's privacy laws and civil liberties compared to the US?
I'm not comparing any privacy laws. I've copied/pasted from that op-ed like you did Wink
And I want to mention here that Snowden's remark about Russia is just as long as quoted by you.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's certainly a lot easier than comparing the US to any other Western Democracy.
There might be differences de iure, but de facto it's nearly all the same .... as we have learnt in the "post-Snowden-leaks-time".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:45 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I am not shooting anyone...especially not the messenger.

I am offering my thoughts...and I don't appreciate you calling me a hypocrite for doing so.

You don't appreciate the truth. Your thoughts as expressed here are hypocritical, and they shoot at the messenger in an emotional and narrow minded way. Sorry for being so frank with you.

You are not being frank...you seldom are. You are being rude and inappropriate...which you are a master at being.

And you are a hypocrite for calling me a hypocrite, because I am sharing opinions...and the name calling is not necessary.

Sorry the truth bothers you so much...and that you are so narrow-minded that you see open-mindedness as narrow-mindedness...but that is a burden with which you must deal. Or not...as seems to be the case.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:47 am
@izzythepush,
Wow...then he must be having a great time.

You ought to join him since you are so favorably disposed to Russia.
Olivier5

@Frank Apisa,
The truth is inappropriate.
Frank Apisa

@izzythepush,
They are wasting their time for the reason I gave.

If it bothers you...tough.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:49 am
@Olivier5,
Your version of "the truth" is just not the truth, Olivier.

Deal with it.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
You can't say the truth on TV; too many people are watching.
-- Coluche

Works for A2K apparently; liars are offended when their hypocrisy is called out.

Like when they say again and again "he deserves a fair trial" with a sanctimonious tone, when all they mean is: "I hope he rots in jail forever -- nothing else will heal my hurt patriotic feelings".
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:07 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You can't say the truth on TV; too many people are watching.
-- Coluche

Works for A2K apparently; liars are offended when their hypocrisy is called out.

Like when they say again and again "he deserves a fair trial" with a sanctimonious tone, when all they mean is: "I hope he rots in jail forever -- nothing else will heal my hurt patriotic feelings".

Okay...so you have foolishly jumped into this nonsense again.

Life must be tough for you, Olivier.

Anyway, when I say he deserves a fair trial...what I mean is "he deserves a fair trial." Since you are so sure you can spot hypocrisy...what do YOU mean when you suggest that he cannot get a "fair trial" in America?

Thanks for starting this. I've missed you.
Wink
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Keep lying, Frank. That's the only thing you can do, apparently. I hope your hurt patriotic feelings get better.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:19 am
@Olivier5,
I cannot "keep lying" Olivier, because I have not been lying.

You really have problems. I'm here to help you deal with them.

Hold on tight.
Wink
revelette2

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I posted a quote with a commentary in response to a previous post. You posted a quote referring to how US still collects meta data. You still haven't posted why you posted that particular quote. If it wasn't a subtle way to say the US is as bad if not worse than Russia in terms of privacy laws, I am not sure what your point was.

You have a pretty neat trick of not pinning yourself down and leaving subtle puzzling implications of what your post is supposed to mean in terms of replies here in this thread.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:32 am
Putin critic Alexei Navalny given 15-day jail sentence

List of journalists killed in Russia

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:39 am
@Olivier5,
And then there's the opinion that he will get a fair trial despite the fact that any trial would be held in a system rigged by the regime.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:47 am
@InfraBlue,
Frank doesn't give a rat's ass for fairness. All he wants is revenge. A rigged trial would be A-okay in his book as long as it's rigged the way he wants it rigged.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're here to shoot at the messenger, Frank. Go ahead, shoot!
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're here to shoot at the messenger, Frank. Go ahead, shoot!
0 Replies