Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 04:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I can post whatever I want to post and so can you, thank you very much. Discussing Snowden's psychology and motives is just another way to try and burry him. It's about shooting the messenger and nothing else.

In your opinion!

I am not shooting anyone...especially not the messenger.

I am offering my thoughts...and I don't appreciate you calling me a hypocrite for doing so.
izzythepush

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 05:27 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
An objective onlooker might draw the conclusion the rogue contractor became bored and wanted some excitement in his life.

Doesn't sound very objective to me, sounds like you're making **** up, so much more rewarding than actually following what's going on.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 05:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

This absurd nonsense about the percentage of American who have confidence in our legal system is farce at its best.

No it's not, it strikes at the heart of your argument. It would seem the majority of Americans wouldn't agree with you.
Frank Apisa

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 05:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, it is farce, Izzy.

Like I said...94% have an unfavorable opinion of congress...but damn near the entire congress will be re-elected.

I suspect the vast majority of Americans would agree with that...because it happens every two years.
revelette2

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 06:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for trying to help me. I thought I understood it well enough.

I supposed his posting of the poll of the confidence Americans feel in our institutions was to say basically, Snowden wouldn't get a fair trial in some kind of a way. These last couple of years we have been inundated with police brutality or shootings and no justice for those who suffered it or for their families. I could see how that and other issues would cause a low confidence in our justice system.

Still it is the only one we have and we need to reform it but we can't just let people commit crimes with no repercussions because people have low confidence in our criminal justice system.
Frank Apisa

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 07:25 pm
@revelette2,
He deserves a fair trial, Revelette...and if he comes back to the United States...he will get one.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bottom line: Snowden is accused of breaking some serious laws. Only a trial will determine if he is guilty or not.
And that's what he thinks, wont happen.

But now, at least according to the Sunday Times report with those leaked government information, he should be accused of even more serious crimes.
RABEL222

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 01:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Benedict, woops! I mean Snowden will come back when hell freezes over, or if all his worshipers can talk the government into giving him immunity.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 01:43 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I thought I understood it well enough.

Why on Earth would you think that? I've not seen any understanding at all. You fail to comprehend the simplest of arguments. A lot of this thread has been taken up with spoon feeding you basic information.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 01:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Like I said...94% have an unfavorable opinion of congress...but damn near the entire congress will be re-elected.

Repeating something doesn't make it any less irrelevant. Apples and oranges.
Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 02:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Bottom line: Snowden is accused of breaking some serious laws. Only a trial will determine if he is guilty or not.
And that's what he thinks, wont happen.

I suspect that is exactly what he thinks will happen...not that it won't happen!

Quote:

But now, at least according to the Sunday Times report with those leaked government information, he should be accused of even more serious crimes.

Perhaps so. If so...I hope he eventually gets a fair trial on those charges also.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 02:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Repeating something doesn't make it any less irrelevant. Apples and oranges.

No apples...no oranges, Izzy. Merely a statement that Americans can express an unfavorable opinion about governmental operations...and still favor it when the foot hits the pedal.
korkamann

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 04:38 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Benedict, whoops! I mean Snowden will come back when hell freezes over, or if all his worshipers can talk the government into giving him immunity.

Rabel, Good Morning, fellow poster. I suspect eventually the isolation in Russia will get to Snowden and any deal with the US to return will look like a good deal. Can you imagine living out one's existence in today's Russia? Forget about immunity, a trial will have to take place in the US first and foremost, and if found NOT GUILTY, then he's free.

Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am not shooting anyone...especially not the messenger.

I am offering my thoughts...and I don't appreciate you calling me a hypocrite for doing so.

You don't appreciate the truth. Your thoughts as expressed here are hypocritical, and they shoot at the messenger in an emotional and narrow minded way. Sorry for being so frank with you.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Don't talk rot Frank. People voting doesn't necessarily mean they favour the system, it means that's the only system/candidates they have.

izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:19 am
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
Can you imagine living out one's existence in today's Russia?

Yes. Clearly you can't or you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment.

http://rbth.co.uk/assets/images/2011-04/big/nightlife468.jpg
http://www.harderfaster.net/images/news/1177600155.jpg
http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2015/01/Russian_Billionaires_0021971109950.jpg
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
...in arguing with people like Izzy and Beth (to name two on this page) and to a slightly lesser extent, Walter...

...all you are doing is pissing into the wind, because they are motivated primarily by an intense dislike of America, Americans, and anything American. I would use the word "hate", but they are not worth the trouble.

You really are low Frank. You can't argue properly so you resort to smear. Korkmann and Revelette are wasting their time because they don't know the facts and are very dim. You're avoiding the facts because you know you've lost the argument and all you can do is throw mud and go into broken record mode.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:26 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

, they seem to have their innards all upset over this and see a big conspiracy between the UK and US.

It's called the special relationship you stupid, stupid idiot.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:39 am
@izzythepush,
Had you not read Snowden's latest op-ed? Snowden has not escaped to a free country by any means.

Quote:
Most interestingly, giving his domicile, he criticized "the arbitrary passage of anti-privacy laws, such as those now descending upon Russia."

source
Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:01 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Had you not read Snowden's latest op-ed? Snowden has not escaped to a free country by any means.
Quote:
Metadata revealing the personal associations and interests of ordinary Internet users is still being intercepted and monitored on a scale unprecedented in history: As you read this online, the United States government makes a note.
(Source: Snowden's op-ed)