Snowdon is a dummy

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:58 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

As I read this your saying your a European German.
Sorry for my bad American-English!
I didn't intend at all to say that I am a "European German".

What I wanted to say, is that I am a European, who is born in Germany.
(My nationality is German, and my family lives here since at least February 25, 1287.)

What you call yourself - well, do so whatever you like. Buon proseguimento!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for the info, Walter.

On this thread, hope this insult fest stops. Enough already. (Not said to Walter.)
I was just talking with Diane about other things and a2k came up. I said to her, going to A2k is like taking a bath in dirt.

Of course there are other sides to it, people getting along even while seriously discussing stuff -

but the discourse goes so far downhill sometimes that it is hard to want to check in ever again. This isn't a scolding, I'm no saint. Just saying.
I may be compounding this thread with a few others, making a colossal time waste in toto, except that I am still interested in the main topic on this one.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:27 pm
I agree with this Wiki article about Germans.
Quote:
Germans
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about Germans as ethnic and legal group. For other uses, see Germans (disambiguation). For the population of Germany, see Demographics of Germany. For an analysis on the nationality or German citizenship, see German nationality law. For the term "Germans" as used in a context of antiquity (pre AD 500), see Germanic people.

Germans
Deutsche

1st Row: Martin Luther, Otto von Bismarck, Ludwig van Beethoven, Immanuel Kant, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
2nd Row: Johannes Gutenberg, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
3rd Row: Friedrich Schiller, Karl Marx, Brothers Grimm, Konrad Adenauer, Albrecht Dürer
4rd Row: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, Karl Benz, Konrad Zuse, Marlene Dietrich, Max Planck
5th Row: Claudia Schiffer, Albert Einstein, Johannes Kepler, Friedrich Nietzsche, Heidi Klum
6th Row: Willy Brandt, Jürgen Klinsmann, Wernher von Braun, Catherine the Great, Carl Friedrich Gauss
Total population
German ancestry: circa 150 million (roughly 2.1% of the world population)[1][2][3][4][note 1][note 2]
Regions with significant populations
Germany 66 million[5][6][7][8][9][10]
see below; see also Ethnic Germans.
Languages
German: High German (Upper German, Central German), Low German (see German dialects)
Religion
Roman Catholic, Protestant (chiefly Lutheran)
Related ethnic groups
Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, Flemish, French, Icelanders, Norwegians,[11] Romansh, Swedes,[11] and other Germanic peoples
Germans (German: Deutsche) are the citizens or native-born people of Germany; or people of descent to the ethnic and ethnolinguistic group associated with the German language. This connection may be ethnic, historical, ancestral, cultural, legal or residential.[12] The English term Germans has historically referred to the German-speaking population of the Holy Roman Empire since the Late Middle Ages.[13] Legally, Germans are citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany.[14]
Of approximately 100 million native speakers of German in the world, roughly 70 million consider themselves Germans. There are an additional 80 million people of German ancestry mainly in the United States, Brazil (almost all in South Region of the country), Argentina, Canada, South Africa, post-Soviet states (mainly in Russia and Kazakhstan), France, Australia, Chile and Italy (mainly in South Tyrol).[note 3] Thus, the total number of Germans worldwide lies between 66 and 160 million, depending on the criteria applied (native speakers, single-ancestry ethnic Germans, partial German ancestry, etc.).[3]
Today, people from countries with a German-speaking majority such as Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg, have developed their own national identity, and since the end of World War II, have not referred to themselves as "Germans" in a modern context.[15][16][17]
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
@RABEL222,
I know, the British Empire did some terrible things. It's not something I'm proud of, you're welcome to look at my thread on Kenya.

You however, are a complete hypocrite, scolding me for the actions of long dead government ministers and generals, and at the same time using them to justify the actions of America in the 21st Century.

What relevance does any of this have to do with the Snowden case?

Whether or not you agree with me has absolutely nothing to do with you being a stupid bastard. If you agreed with everything I posted, you'd still be a stupid bastard. The only thing that would have changed, is that I would be doing your thinking for you instead of someone else.

Your stupidity and bastardy, (although I prefer to think of you as a cock-womble,) would remain constant.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:54 pm
@RABEL222,
As I've asked you on quite a few occasions, point out my lies.

You can't, can you?

I never called CI stupid. I wouldn't, because he's not stupid. You however, really are quite witless.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter quoting Wiki wrote:
Legally, Germans are citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Legally, there are a few more Germans.
Quote:
Unless otherwise provided by a law, a German within the meaning of this Basic Law is a person who possesses German citizenship or who has been admitted to the territory of the German Reich within the boundaries of 31 December 1937 as a refugee or expellee of German ethnic origin or as the spouse or descendant of such person.
(Basic Law, Article 116 (1))

For Germans without German citizenship within the meaning of Article 116 (1) of the Basic Law, Section 40a of Nationality Acts says:
Quote:
Any person who, on 1 August 1999, is a German within the meaning of Article 116, paragraph 1 of the Basic Law without possessing German citizenship shall acquire German citizenship on the said date. For a repatriate, his or her non-German spouse and his or her descendants within the meaning of Section 4 of the Federal Expellees Act, this shall apply only if they have been issued a certificate pursuant to Section 15, sub-section 1 or 2 of the Federal Expellees Act prior to the aforesaid date.
The above law mainly applied to the Germans in the former USSR, Romania and Hungary.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:37 pm
From the reuters-report U.S. overhauling intel access in bid to prevent another Snowden
Quote:
Senator Dianne Feinstein, who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, said last month that U.S. officials advised her that Snowden had roughly 200 classified documents.

However, American officials and others familiar with Snowden's activities say they believe that at a minimum, he acquired tens of thousands of documents.

Current and former U.S. officials say that while authorities now think they know which documents Snowden accessed, they are not yet sure of all that he downloaded.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It seems both parties of congress are not pleased by what the NSA has been doing. I'm sure they'll act on it, because it's not about party politics.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter. This is a tempest in a teapot. How one describes ones self is their business. Sometimes I am a genius, sometimes dumb as a rock. But always Italian American.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Your right. I was thinking of taking off of a2k for awhile but decided to just quit conversing with certain posters. I was getting to the point where I wasent completely rational. But I wonder about people who think a 17 year old kid deserved to be gunned down for the infraction of carrying a bag of skittles and a soda.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:28 pm
@izzythepush,
See my previous post to Ossobusco.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:39 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't think it has to do with issues, though it seems so and may be at first. But the degeneration to heinous insults in many posts is ******* annoying to those who just want to think. I keep having to skip paragraphs of vitriole.

I'll name Cicerone, Tak - you get hysteric and very acid, especially lately - whom I know and like as a person. But others up the ante in response.. and maybe others started it. Call and response over and over, in part killing a2k.

Is this all a game of who can yell best, or are we talking?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add, I've nothing to do with site administration, I'm too wacky, all opinions my own.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:55 pm
@RABEL222,
Oh, wait, you're italian american?

We need to talk. (kidding, but not entirely)
RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 09:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Dont appoligize for your grammer. I usually get the idea your are trying to get across. Beside anyone who spells as bad as I do shouldent have the nerve to correct anyones english.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
3rd generation.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 09:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Didn't meant to be nosy, I get enthusiastic and I suppose my interest is odd.
I'm an irish american person who likes italy a lot, despite all the reasons not to.

Anyway, carry on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 09:58 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm positing to all to stop the insults.

CI seems quite stupid with his endless insults - racking whacky insults, and I like him and often agree with him. I'm not sure on what others think, but this stuff is moving into juvenilia.

And Izzy, you jump in, I know you are smarter.

Could you all just talk about Snowden?

I'm not hall monitor but I'm considering leaving.

You can rethink how to post, or not, CI - you are sounding hysteric lately and it isn't useful.

Signed,

Bitch.

CI, if you insult one more person, you're down thumbed as much as you do it.
I take it that is a kind of high.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 12:14 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
You can rethink how to post, or not, CI - you are sounding hysteric lately and it isn't useful.

On the one hand, I'm reminded of your own intolerance and name-calling, way back when on the Amanda Knox thread.

But you are certainly correct to denounce this bad behavior (and CI and company are definitely far worse than you ever were).

Kudos for an excellent post.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 04:59 am
So what do we do about Snowden? At this point he has a) not revealed anything that puts US agents in harm's way b) carefully screened his releases, c) embarrased the daylights out of the US government and d) lit a small fire under the US journalism community. If the US continues to hound him, it looks like he is in a position to do significant damage with far more detailed releases.

It seems to me that there are three options for the US government to take. It could continue to hound him to the far ends of the Earth, calling his bluff on the much greater information release, it could back off and allow someplace to grant him asylum or it could grant him pardon for past acts but make clear any further releases would result in option A: pursue to the ends of the Earth. Does anyone else see a viable option besides those three?