Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 06:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
And of course, German politicians always follow the law to the letter, right?
Not all, no. But I wrote about "mandate" and not what German politicians do or not do.

You brought the fact that "mandate" has more than just a political meaning in Germany...it also has a legal meaning.

So I was just wondering.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 06:52 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It would seem that Frank does not respect democracy. Might is right, to some people.

I respect democracy, Olivier. I also respect common sense...which you apparently do not.

Quote:
The Americans will never dismantle their spying infrastructure.

Nor will the French...nor the Germans...nor anyone else.

Quote:
Their own democracy is just too derelict, and does not protect their constitution; they spent too much money in this to dismantle it now; their population is still traumatized by 9/11; and they don't respect the rights of non-Americans...

We do a hell of a lot more for non-Americans than most other countries do for people outside their countries.

But you America haters just will not acknowledge that.

Quote:
I think Bill is right: on the long run, encryption may be the only solution.

Fine...so encrypt your silly messages that the NSA has no interest in anyway.

Olivier5

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Hey stupid, they are paying good money and damaging relations with allies to collect these messages they have no interest in... Talk about common sense.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
You brought the fact that "mandate" has more than just a political meaning in Germany...it also has a legal meaning.

So I was just wondering.
It's in Article 38 (1) of our constitution.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:34 am
So Snowden got the Nobel Prize .... but the "Alternative Nobel Price"
revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:35 am
@Olivier5,
What has damaged relations has mostly been spying on leaders of allies, not really the rest, IMO.

As for the data collecting, from what I understand, they store data, recording only such things as name and location and addresses, it is only when there is some kind of connection to terrorist that they open it. It would not be possible to read everyone's messages. I imagine the terrorist use encrypt messages as well, I also imagine, there are people whose job it is to break those encrypt messages. As for me, I hope NSA does manage to break the terrorist messages, the rest, they won't worry about.

Congress is working on reform of all this, I am pretty sure there has already been instituted changes from the President on the things he can change without congress. I left a link a few days ago to CI.

Olivier5

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:45 am
@revelette2,
You may want to inform yourself a little more before posting, rev. Your hit-or-miss approach to posting just add to your own confusion. So instead of saying things like "I think they are doing something about it, you could actually tell us precisely what they are doing, and whether you think it's enough or not. Leave ambiguity and vagueness to politicians.
revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Along with the editor of the Guardian.

Snowden, Guardian editor among winners of 'alternative Nobel' award

Quote:
STOCKHOLM — Edward Snowden has been selected among the winners of the Right Livelihood Award, also known as the "alternative Nobel," for his disclosures of top secret surveillance programs.

The award foundation on Wednesday said the former National Security Agency contractor splits the honorary portion of the prize with Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger.

The 1.5 million kronor ($210,000) cash award is shared by Pakistani human rights activist Asma Jahangir, Basil Fernando of the Asian Human Rights Commission and U.S. environmentalist Bill McKibben.

Award foundation director Ole von Uexkull said all winners were invited to the Dec. 1 award ceremony in Stockholm, though he added it's unclear whether Snowden, who remains exiled in Russia, can attend.

The awards were established to recognize efforts the foundation felt were being ignored by the Nobel Prizes.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 07:58 am
@Olivier5,
Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to go to the trouble of looking it up to get precise, so I would rather leave myself wiggle room.
revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 08:12 am
FAQ: What You Need to Know About the NSA’s Surveillance Programs

Despite Obama's NSA changes, phone records still collected

I left favorable links to other side, however, inside verifies the vagueness of my previous post to Oliver on these subjects.

Here is the link regarding congress's reform bills on NSA a few days to CI.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 09:13 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
As for the data collecting, from what I understand, they store data, recording only such things as name and location and addresses, it is only when there is some kind of connection to terrorist that they open it.

Sure they do and we can trust them as it not as if they have a long history of lying to even congress over what they do or do not do.

Quote:
Congress is working on reform of all this, I am pretty sure there has already been instituted changes from the President on the things he can change without congress.

Given that the very people who are now in charge of the intelligence community had shown zero respect for congress as in openly lying to them and even hacking into congressional computer networks as long as congress does not cut their budget down to the point that they only have the resources to do the things their charters charge them to do they are likely to remain out of control.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 10:41 am
Forgive me for saying so, Bill, but it seems to me you are obsessing on the government surveillance and not enough on privacy issues just by ordinary users and hackers. I know this is a thread about Snowden, but it just seems you are a bit obsessed about the government spying on you. Ever since I have been on the internet I have been tracked by things like double click and other such malicious things. I suppose that is why I don't get bent out of shape about this spying stuff, its been going on since at least since I've been on the internet everyday. You haves something like it is worse when the government does because you get on no fly list and watch list. Well, ordinary hackers take people's whole identity away and steal everything they own and the person is completely innocent whereas the ones on the watch list, very well may not be innocent.
room109

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 10:54 am
it ends in violent conflict
0 Replies

room109

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 10:58 am
maybe a indirect conflict. but some time when the resources get cut.
then you got a nasty - one
war.. fucktards.

untimelty looking for resources right now is probbaly a cautions move that may mean survivial for weker peoples but then you just have zombie hords runnning threw the strret ******* **** up yell we are borg bitch - while the other borg are saying no i did it fisrt and im not shareing whit you because you look weird and smell weird and your hair looks like poop.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:26 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Hey stupid, they are paying good money and damaging relations with allies to collect these messages they have no interest in... Talk about common sense.

I am not stupid, Olivier...not by a long shot.

And they are paying good money to collect data that may lead to people communicating with people known to be terrorists...or terrorist sympathizers. They are not interested in your emails to girl friends (or boy friends)...so use some common sense yourself.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

So I was just wondering.
It's in Article 38 (1) of our constitution.

I give up with you. So it has meaning in your constitution...and you trust all your politicians to follow your constitution to the letter...

...RIGHT?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

So Snowden got the Nobel Prize .... but the "Alternative Nobel Price"

That makes no sense.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I give up with you. So it has meaning in your constitution...and you trust all your politicians to follow your constitution to the letter...

...RIGHT?
I responded to "it also has a legal meaning".
I suppose that politicians like any other human have faults.
And some might disregard the constitution.

Our constitution ... well, the Federal Constitutional Court holds a monopoly on interpretation of the constitution with regard to all jurisdiction.
That's where the above mentioned possible faults re constitution can be dealt with.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:59 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
but it just seems you are a bit obsessed about the government spying on you.

Government as in the US government have almost limitless resources that non-government hackers do not have and by taking a few very simple measures you can protected yourself from non-government hackers however the problem is a few magnitudes greater in dealing with 50 billions or so yearly budget government departments.

As far as double click is concern all you need to do is place the name double click in your host file so any attempts to reach double click is send to a null address and running browsers in a sandbox that is wiped every time you end a browser session will defeat even such technology as super cookies as far as tracking is concern.

No only are non-government spying far far far simpler to deal with but such outfits as double click can not decided to placed you on secret lists such as the do not fly list.

Nor when dealing with non-government hackers am I facing outfits that are using my own damn tax dollars to defect my security.

t
Quote:
he ones on the watch list, very well may not be innocent.

LOL a department of the government is not supposed to be the prosecutor, the judge and jury . Even with a judge and jury finding against you after a public hearing where you have a right to face your accuser you can appeal a verdict.

Check with the EFF or the ACLU website for the type of people that for no known have their right to travel and even return to the US interfere with.

The US is more and more beginning to resemble a totalitarian government.
revelette2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 12:19 pm
@BillRM,
If there is a connection to terrorist, then that person deserves to be on a watch lists or tracked, it would be irresponsible not to do it.

I wish you tell the unfortunate victims of identity theft how easy it is to keep that from happening. If you are not in that kind of business, you should be if it is as easy as you claim. After watching the news concerning Home Depot, I somehow doubt it.