Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 09:23 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Do you understand sarcasm, Frank?

Rev got the joke. She didn't laugh but at least she understood it. Try harder.

Nice try. Keep digging.

By the way...whether a joke or not...I usually am laughing when I read your posts lately.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 09:25 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
If it is true that surveillance is illegal in Europe, then I suppose everyone is illegally spying because the US is not the only country who does it, we just do it more.

Sorry but the issue to me is not government on government spying but massive repeat massive spying on whole populations by way of the internet and sadly including even the US population.

To do such massive spying call for budgets of tens of billions of dollars a year and other the US and it allies it is not being done by everyone!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 09:31 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I am the one who brought up rape. I pointed out that Frank's lame argument (that spying hurts relations with allies only when the spies as caught) could be used to justify raping a woman while she's asleep (it damages the relationship only if she wakes up).

To which Rev infamously retorted: you can't compare spying with raping, because "spying is not illegal" (sic).

That is an inaccurate portrayal of what actually was said.

You said that spying on allies damages relationships.

I noted that it really doesn't...because we all do it and we all know we all do it.

But when it is discovered AND PUBLICIZED BY THE MEDIA...it can possibly damage relationships.

Your attempt to bring rape into this part of the discussion is absurd, insulting to women who have been raped...and childish.

But that is nothing new for you...just as inaccurate portrayals of what people say is nothing new for you.

Keep on digging, Olivier!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Fu4Sao5ACTNE_ysUd3zHs6xfpL6B4gNTbS1Ka2zUnqLKpAAt
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 09:51 am
Showbiz: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the 500 Days of Summer star, is believed to be in negotiations for the role of Snowden in biopic The Snowden Files. And "Citizenfour" by Laura Poitras will be the opening film at the 57th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film. (The world première of that film is days earlier, on Friday, October 10 at 6pm, screening as a "Special Presentation" of the New York Film Festival at Alice Tully Hall, New York.)
revelette2

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 10:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/There%27s_No_Business_Like_Show_Business_movie_poster.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 10:56 am
@revelette2,
Actually, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a great choice. He looks like Snowden.

Should be interesting to see the perspective of the screen writer!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Should be interesting to see the perspective of the screen writer!
The screenplay is by Oliver Stone and he's the director as well (that was already reported in May/June).
The film is based on the book by Guardian journalist Luke Harding with the same title.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Glad to know you're having fun, Frank. And you don't even need a shakin' emoticon to deride you nowadays! That's progress.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The film is based on the book by Guardian journalist Luke Harding with the same title.
That's what I thought. But ...
Quote:
The film, which Stone is writing and directing, now looks likely to be based on two books, Harding’s account - full title The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Wanted Man - and Time of the Octopus by Snowden’s lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena. Stone recently picked up the screen rights to the latter tome after optioning Harding’s book in June.
Source
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:06 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Glad to know you're having fun, Frank. And you don't even need a shakin' emoticon to deride you nowadays! That's progress.

Glad to see you are insistent upon digging even deeper, Olivier.

Anyway...it looks like a win/win for us.

Great!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQHBdH0Meo_G4QIgd19_mRBMJR1D62F42gVSbcpJWw4N36zlqTSA
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Since Snowden Lawyer has something to do with the film, by any chance is Snowden going to get any proceeds for it? I mean, to me, it is starting to look like everybody but Snowden is profiting from the Snowden theft but him.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Whatever. Spying on people is somewhat comparable to raping in that it is a violation of one's intimate space.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:21 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
like everybody but Snowden is profiting from the Snowden theft but him.

LOL as he could had sold those secrets for tens of millions of dollars to a foreign government and most likely could had kept living as a free man in the US if dollars was of any concern of him the idea that he turn his life upside down and risk a life in prison for some book deal is more then silly.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:50 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Since Snowden Lawyer has something to do with the film, by any chance is Snowden going to get any proceeds for it? I mean, to me, it is starting to look like everybody but Snowden is profiting from the Snowden theft but him.
Well, does the author of a book pay his 'subject' when he, he author, sells the film rights on the book? I don't know neither Russian nor US-media laws.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:50 am
@BillRM,
Yeah, I know, Bill, he is a saint, pretty soon, people will start praying to him.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:54 am
@revelette2,
Different states in Europe have different legislation, but mass spying on citizens is generally forbidden because the Nazis and other totalitarian governments have been very eager to do just that in order to control the people.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:59 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Yeah, I know, Bill, he is a saint, pretty soon,

As an atheist in good standing I do not think he is a saint but he is a patriot that had place the welfare of his fellow citizens ahead of his own.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 12:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Walter probably knows the exact law or international statue, but, I think there is one which pertains to spying. The US and probably a lot of other countries are most likely in breach of it. Moreover, in some states, the US spies for their states with their permission. It would be really hard to bring some kind of suit to the US over NSA.

Snowden Claims: NSA Ties Put German Intelligence in Tight Spot
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 12:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Whatever. Spying on people is somewhat comparable to raping in that it is a violation of one's intimate space.

Comparing what we are discussing with rape...is so far beyond the pale...I have trouble understanding that you are actually persisting.

But you are a champion digger...and you are digging as fast and as deep as you can.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for this comparison...but I am not holding out hopes you can grow up that much this quickly.

Keep on digging, Olivier.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKqEZucsYwxMQhFjI6naV1HIiv4OirhjzGC7rvcND41z1-qk9T
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:00 pm
@revelette2,
Yes, it's illegal here. And therefore the parliamentary committee is investigating it.

The members of the coalition government parties want the next witnesses (among them the leading agent from the Bad Aibling station, where the NSA has an office, too) to be heard without public.
The opposition will take this to the Federal Constitutional Court, thy said -as well as the fact that they get government documents with more blacked out passages than text ...
0 Replies