Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:00 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Of course you do believe your handlers. What else can you do? You probably believed the lies they fed you about WMDs in Iraq as well... I chose to believe Snowden. He is evidently smarter than they all are, more principled, and contrary to the NSA, he provides evidence for his statements. Smile

So now people who disagree with you are doing so because of the influence of "handlers?"

I have been of the opinion that your opinions are not particularly worth serious consideration, Olivier. I am thinking now that I am giving them too much credit.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:03 pm
@Olivier5,
I wrote to Senator Diane Feinstein about not approving the war with Iraq, but she wrote back and told me they had to approve it based on the information they had about Saddam's WMD's.

We now know from history, that was all bunk. I've written to her on other important issues, and she always disagreed with MPOV. It turned out I was right 100% of the time.

I stopped writing to my congressional reps and the president when Obama told me that our country couldn't lift the embargo against Cuba, "because the Cuban people are not free."

What a ******* insult! We trade with China, Vietnam, and Russia.

BTW, I wrote to them because I hate America!
revelette2

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:19 pm
@Olivier5,
You really shouldn't spout off about stuff you know nothing about. Those who know me, know I didn't believe the Iraq war, however, I did with Afghanistan for the same reason I believe in trying to track terrorist down. You are entitled to your opinions about Snowden smartness, after all, it takes so much knowledge to download large amounts of information on a USB flash driver, rather than developing programs like PRISIM.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I wrote to Senator Diane Feinstein about not approving the war with Iraq, but she wrote back and told me they had to approve it based on the information they had about Saddam's WMD's.

We now know from history, that was all bunk. I've written to her on other important issues, and she always disagreed with MPOV. It turned out I was right 100% of the time.

I stopped writing to my congressional reps and the president when Obama told me that our country couldn't lift the embargo against Cuba, "because the Cuban people are not free."

What a ******* insult! We trade with China, Vietnam, and Russia.

BTW, I wrote to them because I hate America!

Well...you do seem to hate America...but I doubt that actually is the reason you wrote to them.

You do provide laughs for taking your letters to politicians so seriously, though.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Actually, your mind is petty and parochial. And judging from your last post, it is also obsessed with "pleasure". We are concerned about thinking throughout the situation to try to understand it, while you concern yourself with issues of image, and what gives people more or less "pleasure". But if it allows you to feel better about yourself to avoid the issues, go for it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Actually, your mind is petty and parochial.

No...actually it is neither.

Quote:
And judging from your last post, it is also obsessed with "pleasure".

Not obsessed with it at all, Olivier.

Just pointing out the win/win/win aspect of the situation.

Quote:
We are concerned about thinking throughout the situation to try to understand it, while you concern yourself with issues of image, and what gives people more or less "pleasure". But if it allows you to feel better about yourself to avoid the issues, go for it.

Thank you for borrowing my line. Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery.

As for what I am concerning myself with...it goes a great deal deeper than you are suggesting here. But you are only suggesting what you are suggesting...because you are being petty.

No problem. I truly do get a kick out of seeing you stew this way.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:42 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't think they understand the concept of morality.

Quote:
mo·ral·i·ty
məˈralətē,mô-/
noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, ethicality More
a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society.
plural noun: moralities
"a bourgeois morality"
the extent to which an action is right or wrong.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Thank you for sharing that opinion of my motives.

You're most welcome. In general I find you not worthy of much trust, dissimulative and also manipulative. You don't deserve your name.

Quote:
Quote:
Did you write hundreds of letters about the Watergate scandal on how "Deep Throat" deserved a fair trial???

No...but I haven't written hundreds of letters about Snowden either.

You must have forgotten, but Internet did not exist back then and therefore you couldn't possibly write internet messages during the Watergate. Hence my question was phrased about LETTERS instead.

But that is too complicated for you apparently. Let's keep the question simple:

Did you think, at the time of the Watergate scandal, that Deep Throat deserved a fair trial for leaking out privileged information to the Washington Post?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:09 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
US becoming a super surveillance state that would put Hoover to shame

OK Bill, you are one of the ones who are demanding the government protect us from another 9/11 terriost act. Just how would you go about that without spying on citizens. Get proof before you spy. How without increasing the CIA and the FBI by tens of thousands of people. Hell they are inefficent as hell now. What would they be with a 100 fold increase in agents. In my opinion tapping everyones phones is the most efficent way to do so.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
When exactly did the U S of A shoot down a plane to get Snowdon. Dont you think you are being extreme in your description of events. I think a more accurate description would be a request to land.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:20 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
In my opinion tapping everyones phones is the most efficent way to do so.

LOL. That's efficient??? Who is going to listen to all these billions conversations to try and make sense of them?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:28 pm
@Olivier5,
His understanding of the NSA and the billions of personal communications collected is ILLEGAL according to our Constitution. Beyond that, who can 'listen' to those billions of communication going on every day - if not every hour of every day, 24/7?'

Their concept of reality doesn't exist. We already have many branches of our government searching for intelligence on terrorists and their activities.

We don't need NSA collecting private mass data communication of American citizens to catch the bad guys. Efficient and effectiveness is an oxymoron in this case. It's simple logistics. All Americans are not terrorists.

Quote:
Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil
Posted on May 1, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog
Terrorism Is a Real Threat … But the Threat to the U.S. from Muslim Terrorists Has Been Exaggerated

An FBI report shows that only a small percentage of terrorist attacks carried out on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 were perpetrated by Muslims.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Hey Oliver, I have a whole ocean between me and Russia and Europe. I dont have to worry about being taken over by a government who kills dissenters. All I have to worry about is European countries who wont keep their military advanced enough to defend themselves against invaders and come crying to the U S of A to protect them. I think 2 world wars are enough especially since you and others like you are always ready to condemn us whenever the notion strikes you. I hear often enough from Europeans that they dident really need us. Well lets see if that is really true.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Another person who wants proof of that fact so the terroists can find where they got that information and cut off that line of inquiry.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:39 pm
@RABEL222,
You SHOULD worry about the US becoming a surveillance state, who could at some point start to kill dissenters or just jail them forever without trial, like you are already doing in Gitmo...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm revelling in nothing, that's in your head. Putin's belligerence and the rise of IS are things that affect both of us. America's interests don't end at the borders
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah me too.... I am here to discuss with Americans like you because ya know... I just hate them. ;-)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:44 pm
@RABEL222,
The plane was downed, I never said it was shot down, it was forced to land. It was a breach of sovereignty big time. Stick with the facts and stop deliberately misinterpreting my words to fit your own paranoid imaginings.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:46 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Hey Oliver, I have a whole ocean between me and Russia and Europe. I dont have to worry about being taken over by a government who kills dissenters.

Didn't Sarah Palin say she could see Russia from her house?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:46 pm
@RABEL222,
HAHAHAHA Yes of course, I want the terrorists to win...

Could you be more ridiculous?

If the NSA could prove that they helped stop one single attack, they would do so, without revealing too much about their means of inquiry. They are NOT able to present any evidence, simply because they are unaware of any single threat which they help prevent...