Snowdon is a dummy

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
More fear tactics, hawk? Where will it get you?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

More fear tactics, hawk? Where will it get you?

it is called skilled risk assessment, and those who survive tend to possess this talent.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where did you pick up that term? That you add "skilled" belongs on the laffer curve. LOL Tell me about the risk, and what the potentials are?

Many who survive to be over 100 years old never knew anything about "skilled risk assessment." They just lived well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
BTW, how do YOU apply "skilled risk assessment" in your life? LOL

Give us a few examples. I might learn something new.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They can knock on your door if they have proof of crime being perpetrated through your internet connections.

That's what they're supposed to do if you're breaking any laws of fraud or any other unlawful activity.

Yes, I'll be okay with that! But they'd better be damn sure I broke the law.

Wow, that is exactly my point! They have to have probable cause to take your data. Today, they are knocking on your electronic door with no proof or even a suspicion that you have done anything wrong and taking your data. Why do they need to have probable cause if they come to your door but if they take it from your service provider then no problem?
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
NSA chief: Surveillance stopped 50 terrorist ‘events’

WASHINGTON — The director of the National Security Agency testified Tuesday that the government’s massive surveillance program helped thwart more than 50 terrorist “events” worldwide since Sept. 11, 2001, including a planned bombing of the New York Stock Exchange.

What more do you want from our government? If you can't trust our government on this issue, who can you trust?

The last time the director of the NSA testified before Congress, he was asked "Is there any mass collection of information of American citizens?" and he said "no". He sent a letter two days ago saying "sorry, that was obviously inaccurate." Given that he lied straight out last time, why do you trust him this time? Before he was caught lying to Congress I would have trusted him. Now I know he is untrustworthy.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:39 pm
@engineer,
Joe McCarthy's anti-communist crusade. just think what he would have done with all of this meta-data if he could have gotten his hands on it!
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What more do you want from our government? If you can't trust our government on this issue, who can you trust?

You sure are one confused little puppy, CI. You've just been posting about what liars your governments have been since forever, now it's,

"Duh, what me worry?

Obviously, Snowden is no dummy, but there sure are a lot of you who are.

Obama murders a 16 year old American boy, not to mention the thousands of other Iraqis and Afghans and you think you can trust a band of murderers?

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:27 pm
What ebeth and Ceili said ...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 12:32 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
BTW, most Republicans agree with Dems and the President on the Snowden scenario, with one or two even calling for the Guardian Unlimited Journalist Glenn Greenwald to be charged.
BTW, some Europeans politicians are demanding that Snowden gets in a witness protection program ....
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 12:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yes it did start with Bush and Chaney. But Obama claimed he was going to stop this ****. He hasent.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 12:46 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Why are you surprised that the republicans who started all this **** in the first place agree that Snowden was wrong to inform the American people what the government was doing to their constitutional freedoms.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 01:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

...As with some who have stated, "I have nothing to hide." They can record me all they want; it's pretty boring stuff....

Well, they can't record me all they want. The sole function of the government is to serve me, not treat me as a potential future suspect. Your argument seems to be that your innocence (nothing to hide) justifies any arbitrary government intrusion. If they had a mind reading machine, could they record your thoughts for quick reference in case you someday commit a crime? You have nothing to hide, after all. You appear to have exactly zero appreciation of the idea so important to the Founding Fathers that there are some things the government shouldn't be allowed to take from the people.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 01:04 am

I voted for Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan.
I am rather pleased with Snowden.
I deem him to be a good American.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 01:06 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

...As with some who have stated, "I have nothing to hide." They can record me all they want; it's pretty boring stuff....

Well, they can't record me all they want. The sole function of the government is to serve me, not treat me as a potential future suspect. Your argument seems to be that your innocence (nothing to hide) justifies any arbitrary government intrusion. If they had a mind reading machine, could they record your thoughts for quick reference in case you someday commit a crime? You have nothing to hide, after all. You appear to have exactly zero appreciation of the idea so important to the Founding Fathers that there are some things the government shouldn't be allowed to take from the people.
WELL SAID, Brandon!!!

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 01:10 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Joe McCarthy's anti-communist crusade.
just think what he would have done with all of this meta-data if he could have gotten his hands on it!
His heart was in the right place.
I wish that I 'd met him n shaken his hand.

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 01:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The sole function of the government is to serve the collective, not treat everyone in the collective as a potential future enemy

fixed....and well said.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 02:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Moment-in-Time wrote:
BTW, most Republicans agree with Dems and the President on the Snowden scenario, with one or two even calling for the Guardian Unlimited Journalist Glenn Greenwald to be charged.
BTW, some Europeans politicians are demanding that Snowden gets in a witness protection program ....

you Krauts should do the right thing and take him in. expel the US troops too if we insist on treating you as the enemy. our government will not do the right thing just because, or for Americans, but it just might if the EU demands it.....these scumbags will listen to you!
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 03:08 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Sorry, Frank I missed your response to.

Why is it that you show such respect for known liars, war criminals, terrorists, felons but you malign those who tell you the truth?

Your signature line,

To acknowledge what you do not know –is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don’'t –is a display of weakness.

screams hypocrisy with your every "post".

Drunk Drunk
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 04:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
As long as you Americans accept that the U.S. Postal Service is monitoring ALL letters for law enrorcement, well, that's a bit far out of our thinking - even for those, who were used to something like that in the GDR. (It was done a lot less in communist Germany, though.)
0 Replies