Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:20 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

How are we digging our graves? By doing what?

Olivier is just babbling.

He sounds to me like an ex-patriot with a bug up his butt about our country.

By participating in this discussion...you are not helping to dig our grave at all, Revelette.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:22 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So tell me, what is the US doing that is so very bad and so much worse than any other country which justifies in your mind Snowden betraying his oath he took and stealing classified information and exposing it to the world?

Doing massive spying on every person on the internet including American citizens! Needing so many hard drives to store all the intercepts that there is a problem with getting enough water to cool all the hard drives in NSA Utah site.

US Government in fact not honoring the spirit and in many cases the letter of the constitution.

Raising questions whether the supporters of the US intelligence community in congress, the white house and even the courts are doing so of their own free will or being blackmail on a scale Hoover only dreams of doing.

Ahhh...so Bill has now gotten to the "spirit" of the Constitution. I guess he realizes that he is not the final arbiter of what the actual law is.

Good for him.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

IF you are interested in your own democracy, in what threatens it and how to protect it, read the WIRED article. Get curious. Study Snowden's position rather than just spitting at him mindlessly with the rest of the crowd...

Right...like you and Bill and ci and Walter...spitting on Snowden!

Wake up, Olivier.

Snowden is accused of very specific crimes here in America. He deserves a fair trial on those charges.

That is what I advocate.

What about you?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Quote:
You guys are digging the US's grave. That's not patriotic in my book, it's just insane.

Okay...that is your opinion. I'll file it in my "Don't pay any attention, it is not worth the trouble" file.

The US democracy is not worth any attention or trouble, huh?... Thanks for proving my point that Snowden is by far a better patriot than you are.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
YOU wake up Frank. Your government has lost all credibility on this issue.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:36 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
You guys are digging the US's grave. That's not patriotic in my book, it's just insane.

Okay...that is your opinion. I'll file it in my "Don't pay any attention, it is not worth the trouble" file.

The US democracy is not worth any attention or trouble, huh?

YOUR OPINION is not worth any attention or trouble, Olivier. That is what my comment stated...not that the US democracy is not worth any attention or trouble.

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point that Snowden is by far a better patriot than you are.

Obviously your "point" was not proven by what I said. You clumsily and laughably distorted what I said in an attempt to make it seem that way.

Thank you, however, for proving my point that you have to distort and misrepresent in order to make many of you supposed points! Wink

Anyway...nice try, Olivier...although a bit amateurish.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:37 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

YOU wake up Frank. Your government has lost all credibility on this issue.

On what "issue", Olivier?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:10 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point that Snowden is by far a better patriot than you are.

Now that depends on one's point of view, doesn't it, O5? If there is someone with a long-standing deep-seated grievance against the US then everything Snowden did is crackerjack, A-OK, i.e., super colossal! But from an American who is sensitive with a deep abiding loyalty to his homeland, what Snowden did was betray his country. I don't care what his personal motives were for doing what he did, he had no right to sneak away with secret classified governmental documents, giving them to someone like Greenwald to publish at the journalist's discretion....like who the hell appointed Glenn Edward Greenwald the Supreme Authority over the US' National Security Agency?!

My loyalty to my country has nothing whatsoever to do with the president in power. My defense of the US has to do with my profound love of country and my anger against those who try to betray it, slander it, and put it down!
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:30 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Now that depends on one's point of view, doesn't it, O5? If there is someone with a long-standing deep-seated grievance against the US then everything Snowden did is crackerjack, A-OK, i.e., super colossal! But from an American who is sensitive with a deep abiding loyalty to his homeland, what Snowden did was betray his country.

On the contrary, I suspect that for an American with a deep, abiding loyalty to his homeland (as opposed to loyalty to his/her PRESIDENT), Snowden is doing what he can to save this homeland from an obsession with security at the expense of liberty. In other words, and that's the meaning the flag cover, he loves his country more and better than you do.

MLK was not a traitor, not anymore than Snowden is, yet he was CALLED a traitor by many people, and he was assassinated just like Snowden might be... But he KNEW he was right, which made it all worth the sacrifice, and so does Snowden.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
The Snowden vs. the US government issue.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
YOUR OPINION is not worth any attention or trouble, Olivier.

LOL.... Why do you give it attention, then?

The point I was making is what irked you into denial and the "not worth attention" mode, Frank. And that point was that you and the other punks here are traitors to the US, to its values, to its democracy, while Snowden is trying to save them. He loves his country more than you do.

That's the point you want to ignore, precisely because you can't respond to it.

No throw a tantrum about how my posts aren't worth any attention... :-)

revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:38 am
@Olivier5,
Telling me to read the wired article is not an answer, I can read it if I was interested. What crowd do you speak of? The polls on this issue in the US are pretty well divided with favorable leaning towards those who oppose. If anyone is parroting, it is those who have made hyperbolic statements in regards to the whole spying issue in order to bolster their points

All I have ever said is that I don't disagree with the spying, I still don't. I am aware as much as the next average person who isn't consumed with the issue. There are things I disagree with in which Snowden has revealed mostly concerning with foreign matters. However, I do not feel the ends justifies the mean in which he did it because in doing so he stole information which involved much more than this spying issue stuff. I am allowed my views, it is not parroting and it is my own and reached for reasons I have stated over and over again. I understand others disagree and consider Snowden a hero, I am fine with that, just don't compel others to feel the same way or criticize others who have a different view of Snowden than you do. It is the last in which I have had the most problem understanding on this thread. The sheer narrow mindedness of people who claim to be the opposite.
revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:42 am
@Olivier5,
Snowden is no Martin Luther King. Please be rational.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 10:50 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The Snowden vs. the US government issue.

So you are saying that "my" government has lost all credibility on the issue of Snowden vs. the US government, Olivier.

That makes no sense.

In any case, one way to test which view will prevail (that of the government of the US or that of Edward Snowden)...is for Snowden to return to the US and face trial.

He may have a "dream team" of lawyers...and be able to beat the charges.

So...let's have a go at it!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:03 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
YOUR OPINION is not worth any attention or trouble, Olivier.

LOL.... Why do you give it attention, then?

I said I was filing your opinions in my "Don't pay any attention, it is not worth the trouble" file, Olivier.

I will continue to mention that I find your opinions defective, though. Staying quiet is not part of any bargain you think may have been reached.

Quote:
The point I was making is what irked you into denial and the "not worth attention" mode, Frank.

I doubt that, but I see you in your stubborn mode, Oliver, so I will allow you to pretend that you made a point about people you consider punks...and about what a "patriot" Edward Snowden is.

Fact is, there is a certain amount of enjoyment I get out of watching you present this absurd viewpoint. Snowden, the "patriot" is the guy hiding in Russia after hiding in China!
Wink

Quote:
And that point was that you and the other punks here are traitors to the US, to its values, to its democracy, while Snowden is trying to save them. He loves his country more than you do.

Yes, I understand that you have to proffer that...and I will enjoy it as much as possible.

But as I said, Snowden is the one hiding in Russia after hiding in China!

Quote:
That's the point you want to ignore, precisely because you can't respond to it.

First you suggest that I HAVE been responding to you...and now you are suggesting I can't!

C'mon, Olivier...get your story straight...and stay focused. I don't want to be accused of picking on someone dim-witted.

Oh...I HAVE been responding to your suggestion...your laughable, amateurish suggestion.

Quote:
No throw a tantrum about how my posts aren't worth any attention... :-)

Your OPINIONS are not worth any attention. Your POSTS are a joy. They are garbled and easy to rebut...but I want to pay them lots of attention. Great laughs are hard to come by.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:19 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
.... And that point was that you and the other punks here are traitors to the US, to its values, to its democracy, while Snowden is trying to save them. He loves his country more than you do.

Number one, I do not consider myself a "punk" or any of my fellow countrymen who side with me as "punks." I have not been reduced to calling you names, Oliver5, but when you refer to "other punks here as traitors" then you are hitting below the belt.

Just because I along with others believe Snowden to be a traitor animal and you think he is a super-duper hero deserving of the Nobel Prize, is no reason to stoop to barbarian levels because I fervently disagree with your assessment.

I'm curious as to how I and others are traitors to American values, its democracy. Is it because we passionately recoil at what Snowden? The First Amendment to the United States Constitution protects our right to free expression....to speak out forcefully against authority; the First Amendment did NOT say we should abscond with NSA classified documents, scurry way like a filthy rat and deliver them into the hands of a mercenary in another country, for surely Glenn Greenwald has gotten increasingly wealthy, has written books, and signed on with a multi-billionaire to go into the media business.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:24 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Telling me to read the wired article is not an answer, I can read it if I was interested.

IF INDEED you are interested in your own democracy and how to protect it, you should read that article. I knew you could not care less, though.

Quote:
I understand others disagree and consider Snowden a hero, I am fine with that, just don't compel others to feel the same way or criticize others who have a different view of Snowden than you do.

I can criticize anyone I want to criticize. Especially those who keep on shooting the messenger but refuse to read the message... I hold this type of people in contempt, and for good reason.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:31 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:

MLK was not a traitor, not anymore than Snowden is, yet he was CALLED a traitor by many people, and he was assassinated just like Snowden might be

You dare to compare MLK to what Snowden did?! MLK tried to help free an entire American black people who could not vote, with microscopic freedom, who were strangling alive under WHITE SUPREMACY here in the US. He was non-violent and paid with his life. Snowden reminds me of a SNEAKY rat who furtively under cover craps all over everything and steals that which is not his. Please, try and come up with a better analogy.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:43 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:

I can criticize anyone I want to criticize. Especially those who keep on shooting the messenger but refuse to read the message... I hold this type of people in contempt, and for good reason.

Hey, no one said you could not criticize anyone you want to, Oliver5. Free speech is what it's all about. The posters who think ill of what Snowden did are defending their views WHICH FOR SOME REASON SEEM TO UPSET THOSE WITH THE OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS. Let me say you and no one will force some view down my throat that I don't want there!!!! I don't care one iota whom you criticize, just don't try to assassinate my character *referring to Snowden's critics as punks* because I/we are opposed to that underhanded deceptive individual for running away with United States Classified documents and giving them to the mercenary, Glenn Greenwald, to publish at his discretion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:46 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Snowden tried to free up Americans ability to have privacy as guaranteed by our Constitution. The unreasonable searches and seizures of private communication.

That some of you are willing to sacrifice that right, it doesn't mean all Americans are willing to do so. Without Snowden's revelation, the NSA will still be breaking that law on privacy rights.
0 Replies