Snowdon is a dummy

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 07:10 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I really do not get this nationalist fervor thing. If Canada gets up to acts that are illegal, unconstitutional, in violation of agreed upon international codes, I want everyone to know of it.

Note that despite blatham's blathering lies, Snowden has not revealed any illegal act, any unconstitutional act, or any act that violates agreed upon international codes.

blatham wrote:
I give a damn about the truth.

Blatham is a habitual liar.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 07:10 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I concur with almost nothing you've just said.

That's because you have no honor or integrity.

Revelette may not always be correct. But all of Revelette's posts are made in good faith, with an actual interest in what the truth is.

That is quite distinct from the dishonest blather that you routinely spew across the board.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
CI, you know as well as I do for every article claiming NSA's actions are illegal, there is another one saying it is not. It has been the same with court opinions. The issue won't be settled until it goes to the Supreme Court. Some in congress might say it is illegal, but they passed the Patriot Act again and again and they did so even after the "Snowden revelations." It is the government position that the Patriot Act gives NSA the power to do what they are doing, we will see if their position holds up in court. If it does not, then they will have modify anything they have not already changed.

As I have stated numerous times, I see nothing wrong in data collecting and the other measures NSA has taken to try and keep us safe. I see it as the lesser of two evils. But if the SC rules it unconstitutional, then I can live with that as well. Just as I live with other rulings I might disagree with.

I do however think we shouldn't be spying on allies unless there is some reason to think the government of some of those allies are complicit in terrorist actions. Otherwise, I see no reason to spy on them. But we do, and it turns out, at least one other country does too and I imagine there are others. So really, there is no reason for other countries to keep on about this spying stuff and the US all the time as though we are the only ones who spy on other countries.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:18 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
But we do, and it turns out, at least one other country does too and I imagine there are others.
At least three: besides the USA and the UK (what is documented via Snowden), Germany is doing it as well. (To a lesser extend, but nevertheless. And we know about it at least indirectly due to the Snowden documents)
revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And we know about it at least indirectly due to the Snowden documents)

Well, I would be interested in hearing of this indirect knowledge passed on by the "Snowden documents." Did the Snowden documents reveal who the double agent was who passed on Germany's secret document to one of our intelligent agents stationed in Germany?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:29 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
A man who has done more damage to the U S of A's reputation since Nixon is covering himself in the American flag.

Errr... You mean since reporters Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward relayed a whistle blower's information about Nixon's spying on other politicians. These damn reporters from the Washington post did a lot of damage to America's reputation, didn't they?..
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:31 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Well, I would be interested in hearing of this indirect knowledge passed on by the "Snowden documents."
He, the "double-agent", passed the (secret) documents from the our parliament's NSA inquiry committee to the USA.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:32 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
What is he going to do when he finally runs out of material to expose?

I don't know. Get the Nobel peace price or something... He'd deserve it more than Obama, that's for sure.

Quote:
The flag is a bit over the top

It gets across the point he wants to make, very effectively. I think it's great. The guy is more of a patriot than any of you punks.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

revelette2 wrote:
Well, I would be interested in hearing of this indirect knowledge passed on by the "Snowden documents."
He, the "double-agent", passed the (secret) documents from the our parliament's NSA inquiry committee to the USA.

I once asked you (and I have never notice you respond)...

...is the "double agent" a German?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, he's a German. (Otherwise he couldn't have worked there in BND-office.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:42 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
What is he going to do when he finally runs out of material to expose?

I don't know. Get the Nobel peace price or something...

I figure it should be the "or something."

My choice would be "a fair trial."

I suspect that is the last thing you would want for him.

Quote:

He'd deserve it more than Obama, that's for sure.

I agree...Obama did NOT deserve the honor. By no means does Snowden either. He does deserve a fair trial, though. I hope he gets it.

Quote:

Quote:
The flag is a bit over the top

It gets across the point he wants to make, very effectively. I think it's great. The guy is more of a patriot than any of you punks.

The "draping himself in the flag" is enough to make a sane person want to puke.

The only point it makes is that he is a hypocrite.

The guy is not a patriot at all.

Not sure who you consider "punks."You don't have the balls to post under your real name...and you give no biographical information. Sounds to me like someone who should not be calling others "punk."
revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh, because you guys were looking into the Snowden revelations, this guy passed on some information from that investigation/hearing (whatever) as well as information about Germany spying on Turkey and Albania and accidently spying on both Hillary Clinton and Kerry while they were on official business on airplanes at different times. And you guys never would have known you had a double agent in your midst if Snowden hadn't stolen documents from our intelligence office and taken it and given it to unauthorized persons to expose to the world. But Snowden is a hero because he exposed the US but your guy is just an ordinary double agent who betrayed his country. Got it.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
What do you care for my biography?

People who puke on the smartest and most courageous among them are punks. Snowden is more of a patriot than any of you punks, and more of a patriot than anyone in the US administration either. You guys are digging the US's grave. That's not patriotic in my book, it's just insane.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:48 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Oh, because you guys were looking into the Snowden revelations, this guy passed on some information from investigation as well as information about Germany spying on Turkey and Albania and accidently spying on both Hillary Clinton and Kerry while they were on official business on airplanes at different times. And you guys never would have known you had a double agent in your midst if Snowden hadn't stolen documents from our intelligence office and taken it and given it to unauthorized persons to expose to the world. But Snowden is a hero because he exposed the US but your guy is just an ordinary double agent who betrayed his country. Got it.
"They" knew about him when he conteactes the USA (Actually already earlier).

We = the public, only knew about it due inquiry committee. And that's why he was arrested.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:53 am
@Olivier5,
So tell me, what is the US doing that is so very bad and so much worse than any other country which justifies in your mind Snowden betraying his oath he took and stealing classified information and exposing it to the world? So we spy. I mean just think about all the documents he took which was necessary for us to use to try and protect our country? You may think our country don't need protecting, but we want to live and be safe just like anybody else.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:06 am
@revelette2,
You don't get it. Forget other countries. You are digging your own democracy's grave. Snowden can see that but you can't.
revelette2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:20 am
@Olivier5,
How are we digging our graves? By doing what?
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:34 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
So tell me, what is the US doing that is so very bad and so much worse than any other country which justifies in your mind Snowden betraying his oath he took and stealing classified information and exposing it to the world?

Doing massive spying on every person on the internet including American citizens! Needing so many hard drives to store all the intercepts that there is a problem with getting enough water to cool all the hard drives in NSA Utah site.

US Government in fact not honoring the spirit and in many cases the letter of the constitution.

Raising questions whether the supporters of the US intelligence community in congress, the white house and even the courts are doing so of their own free will or being blackmail on a scale Hoover only dreams of doing.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:12 am
@revelette2,
IF you are interested in your own democracy, in what threatens it and how to protect it, read the WIRED article. Get curious. Study Snowden's position rather than just spitting at him mindlessly with the rest of the crowd...
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:17 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

What do you care for my biography?

I don't care for your biography, Olivier. But you were calling some people punks...and I merely pointed out that since you do not have the balls to post under your real name and to give out some bio on yourself, you really ought not to be calling others punks.

Quote:
People who puke on the smartest and most courageous among them are punks.

The problem with you getting clever when writing, Olivier...is that you become incomprehensible.

I have no idea of what this last comment of yours was supposed to mean.

Quote:
Snowden is more of a patriot than any of you punks, and more of a patriot than anyone in the US administration either.

Snowden, in my opinion, is not a patriot at all...so he cannot be more a patriot than anyone else.

Once again you are calling people punks...and you haven't earned the right to do that. In fact, you are distinctly unqualified to do so.

Quote:

You guys are digging the US's grave. That's not patriotic in my book, it's just insane.

Okay...that is your opinion. I'll file it in my "Don't pay any attention, it is not worth the trouble" file.