Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:26 am
Quote:
It's called 'transparency.' Something the US government lacks.

Actually, there probably is a hell of a lot less "transparency" in almost all countries than many people think.

But for people like ci who loathe and scorn the United States...it probably is a problem peculiar to our nation.
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:51 am
@revelette2,
The US CIA starts wars without congressional approval; it's illegal under our constitution. Germany spies on Turkey, and everybody gets upset.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:08 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Sounds as though ci has decided to go back to showing as much scorn and contempt as possible for the United States...the country of his birth and the country that has allowed him to live a very comfortable, free life.

He sounds so contemptuous of the country...one has to wonder why he does not at least consider moving somewhere else.

He certainly doesn't have to do it...and I seriously doubt he is man enough to do it...but he ought at least to consider it.

I wonder where he would choose?

Perhaps Russia, like his hero, Edward Snowden.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 01:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The US CIA starts wars without congressional approval
;

The only recent use of military resources (not really war) that I know which was started without congressional approval was a coalition effort in Libya. Iraq had congressional approval, mores the pity.

Quote:
Germany spies on Turkey, and everybody gets upset.

I'm not upset. I think some Germans and I know Turkey is upset.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 01:55 pm
@revelette2,
You wrote with great irony,
Quote:
Iraq had congressional approval, mores the pity.

"mores the pity" doesn't even come close to covering it. That doesn't give license to the CIA to start wars.

The 'REASON' the Iraq war had congressional approval is based on the lies of the Bush administration told congress and the world about Saddam's WMD's.

It was an ILLEGAL war based on the UN and many people around the world.
revelette2

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 06:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
You do like to have the last word even if we both agree.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 11:08 am
@revelette2,
revelette, My apologies. I know I'm very aggressive without much thought, and that's a bad habit of mine. You're right, of coarse. If this happens in the future, please don't take offense; it's just a bad habit of mine.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 11:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

revelette, My apologies. I know I'm very aggressive without much thought, and that's a bad habit of mine. You're right, of coarse. If this happens in the future, please don't take offense; it's just a bad habit of mine.

An above average user of the English language (as you like to dream yourself to be) would finally get that right...since it has been called to your attention many times.
revelette2

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Its ok. No worries.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 02:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If i may Frank I would like to point out that you do your damdest to keep him irritated by gigging him every chance you get. Not the way an adult acts.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 02:56 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

If i may Frank I would like to point out that you do your damdest to keep him irritated by gigging him every chance you get. Not the way an adult acts.

He is the guy who called me ignorant of the language...and claimed he was above average with it.

I told him then that I would call attention to his errors...so he can actually get to where he mistakenly thinks he is. (Some of his mistakes are the kind even grammar school kids do not make!)

So actually, I am helping him.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:12 am
According to Spiegel (came just as 'breaking news' on spiegel-online), the German BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst, the foreign intelligence agency of Germany) spied on NATO-ally Albania as well.

According to Spiegel informations, Turkey and Albania were on the 2009 lists, which were given by Markus R. to his 'customer', with the 'filling profiles'.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Actually, there probably is a hell of a lot less "transparency" in almost all countries than many people think.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Frank Apisa. People in other countries are just as much in the dark regarding what their governments are doing as are Americans if not more so.

The other day "senior Pentagon officials described ISIL militants as ‘apocalyptic’, a negative force that will need to be defeated." Also, ISIL might pose a possible threat to the US in time." This terrorist group most likely has establish cells outside Middle East, like America, Britain, and other countries. The psychopath who decapitated Mr. Foley had a British accent. (I understand an informed Citizen makes a much happier citizen, but we should not know everything the government is doing....we must keep some things from the wannabe terrorists.) More than ever I, personally, see the value of NSA's spying program. There are possibly among us some terrorists-in-hiding, possibly a next-door-neighbor, documented citizens, who travel freely all over the globe yet owe their allegiance to ISIL.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So what do you all make of Germany spying on NATO allies, Turkey and Albania? Was it lawful? If it wasn't, what will happen? (by you all I mean you guys in Germany.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:37 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
However, conservative lawmaker Hans-Peter Uhl told Focus there were "good reasons" for the BND to bug Turkey. He cited human trafficking, drugs and terrorism as issues of concern and his comments chime with the views of many German politicians.

"We need to know what is coming to us from EU-applicant Turkey," Focus quoted him as saying.

Germany is Turkey's largest trading partner in the European Union and home to at least 3 million Turks. But relations are not always smooth. Merkel's conservatives are skeptical about Turkish EU membership.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:50 pm
@revelette2,
I have no idea what will be made of it .... besides that we somehow have to thank the person who spied for the USA - otherwise we hadn't known of it.

Is/was it unlawful? I don't think so (the Bundesnachrichtendienst is our foreign intelligence agency) - but obviously the BND didn't follow the ordered procedures.

I found a summary of German laws governing Parliamentary Control of Intelligence Activities in English.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The conservative parties (many of Merkel's CDU, but especially the CDU's Bavarian sister party, CSU) have always opposed a Turkish entry to the EU.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
PLEASE dont help me than because I sure as hell make a lot of mistakes that grammar school students wouldent make.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:10 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

PLEASE dont help me than because I sure as hell make a lot of mistakes that grammar school students wouldent make.

No problem.

You are not the one who asserted I was ignorant...and you are not the one who asserted above average ability with the language.
0 Replies