Snowdon is a dummy

revelette2

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I am not really up to reading a summary a little more than 70 pages long. So, what you are saying is that more than likely the BND broke procedures in not informing the Parliament committee which monitors the BND but not necessarily laws.

I found a pretty useful google toolbar which translate to English, so, if you have links even if it is in Germany, I might be able to read it without waiting for the English version to come out. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:44 pm
@revelette2,
Germany spies on Albania to monitor 'organised crime'
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I visited Albania many years ago, and they had more MBZ's per capita than all of Europe, because they steal them and sell it to Albanians at really bargain prices. We were told older models were more expensive than the new ones.
It's no wonder Germany spies on Albania!~
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I am curious of the reason why you keep posting these revelations of NATO allies of which are targets of the BND in your country. The only reason why it would be of interest to me and perhaps some others in the US is in regards to Merkel words to the US about allies not spying on allies. I am sure our lists is even longer as good deal of it has already been revealed.

Wouldn't it be the responsibility of Albania to monitor its own organized crime? Or does Germany suspect the leaders of Albania to complicit in organized crime in Albania as well? Why would Germany be worried about another countries internal criminal problems?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:11 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
I am curious of the reason why you keep posting these revelations of NATO allies of which are targets of the BND in your country.
Okay. I'll stop it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:14 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Wouldn't it be the responsibility of Albania to monitor its own organized crime? Or does Germany suspect the leaders of Albania to complicit in organized crime in Albania as well? Why would Germany be worried about another countries internal criminal problems?
Germany had a lot crime here done by the so-called 'Albanian gangs'.
revelette2

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No don't stop it, I didn't mean that, if I came across that way I am sorry. I guess I am just wondering your thoughts on these matters and wondering why you would be giving fuel for people like me I guess to say, "A ha, see your country is not so perfect after all..." But as you are the only one really in position to know all these things, and as you always post informative posts, it sure is not my place to be telling you what to post and I didn't mean to. And its interesting as well.
revelette2

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, the US is literally a melting pot, so we have gangs from every country, not sure that is sufficient reason to spy on other countries, but we may do it for that reason, I don't know. It would just seem that it would be the countries in question responsibility to catch their own criminals. I mean if they commit a crime in your country, of course, try them and put them away. I guess what I am getting at, I don't think it would wash if we said we was spying on Mexico because of gangs of Spanish Americans, or Asian gangs.... you know all the other gangs. Terrorism is different than gang activity, because of the inherent nature of terrorism is to terrorize a country into doing what they want. In other words it involves a country kind of like war or something. (don't explain it too well.)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 11:51 am
@revelette2,
One major difference is that both Germany and America are mature liberal democracies. Turkey and Albania are not, nor are they EU members which makes a difference in relations, and not just with us. EU and American tourists don't have much problem with each others immigration procedure, for Turkey and Albania it's not as straightforward.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Well stated; we have been close allies with most European countries since WWII. Not with Turkey or Albania.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 01:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's hard to believe revelette said,
Quote:
Wouldn't it be the responsibility of Albania to monitor its own organized crime?

All countries have crimes - even the US. Our ability to monitor organized crime around the world is essential.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@revelette2,
Kind of like the U S of A officials and the drug and refugee problems. Many have been implicated. MONEY MONEY!
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 04:22 pm
Pardon me for saying so, but it seems like an awful lot of rationalization BC going here as well as double standards to say the least.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 06:58 am
Been some interesting reports in the news that anonymity emails had been arriving at the tor project where the authors of the emails showing great knowledge and expertise concerning the Tor software are pointing out in details weaknesses that need to be address in the software.

The degree of knowledge shown had led some to think that there are other Snowden types at NSA who wish to aid in keeping Tor as secure as possible from government level attacks on it.
revelette2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:52 am
@BillRM,
Oh, brother. Don't you think it much more likely just someone knowledgeable about those issues to be issuing those emails? After all, you are forever talking about how much you know, perhaps someone else knows a lot too.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:27 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Oh, brother. Don't you think it much more likely just someone knowledgeable about those issues to be issuing those emails? After all, you are forever talking about how much you know, perhaps someone else knows a lot too.

Yeah, but thinking logically like that wouldn't give Bill the chance to hope for more people to steal classified government document...and release them.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:32 am
@revelette2,
Quote:

LOL that is the theory of some of the people who are maintaining the code of TOR basic on the very high quality/amount of the suggestions and help being offer.

Not to mention that off hand there seems no other reason to be offering that help by way of anonymous emails.

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:39 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

LOL that is the theory of some of the people who are maintaining the code of TOR basic on the very high quality/amount of the suggestions and help being offer.

Not to mention that off hand there seems no other reason to be offering that help by way of anonymous emails.

And besides...it is much more fun to suppose there are more people than just Edward Snowden stealing classified documents...right?

So it doesn't matter if it makes sense! You are not interested in making sense...you are interested in supposing there are many people harming their country's intelligence community.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:41 am
Back to Snowden ...
... the (German) Chaos Computer Club "decided to support Snowden's six European lawyers with 36.000 Euro to cover their expenses. Earlier this year, the CCC general assembly also decided to offer Edward Snowden the honorary membership, which he accepted gladly." Source
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:49 am
@revelette2,
I think your position on Germany is an unfair one. Walter has already explained that it's illegal in Germany to spy on their own people. That Germany spies on other countries is not surprising, and it's not the same as the US spying on our allies.

Walter has made it abundantly clear about their laws on spying. The US broke our own laws on privacy and on our allies. Trying to compare apples and oranges never works out well.
0 Replies