Snowdon is a dummy

Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Then stop your bitching. Ci is a better American than you are, more faithful to the States' original values than you will ever be.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:26 pm
@Olivier5,
The real problem is that the government has already charged Snowden with espionage, and the government hasn't removed that charge or made any offer of a fair trial.

Until then, I think Snowden is right in seeking asylum elsewhere.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree his best option is to go to Switzerland or some other neutral nation.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:05 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I agree his best option is to go to Switzerland or some other neutral nation.

If Snowden ends up in western Europe, it should be easy enough for the CIA to have him "lose his balance and stumble" next to a malfunctioning elevator door and plummet down the shaft.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:30 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
Senator Patrick Leahy introduced legislation on Tuesday to ban the U.S. government's bulk collection of Americans' telephone records and Internet data and narrow how much information it can seek in any particular search.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:06 pm
@oralloy,
US spooks seem generally pretty clueless, but I can't believe they'd be THAT stupid... They have nothing to win out of killing him, and everybody would know it's them.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Any chance of this reaching the floor?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:15 pm
@Olivier5,
Not sure; as you know our congress is broken; the worst performance rating for congress in our history.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:55 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
They have nothing to win out of killing him,

That is incorrect. Killing him would achieve the justice that we are denied by his exile.

BTW, you make it sound like this would be something that individual agents (or perhaps the CIA as a whole) would just decide to do on their own.

America's intelligence agencies act on the orders of the US president, and I was envisioning the same in this case as well.

As for people knowing that it was the US, perhaps the US government could follow Israel's lead and engage in over-conspicuous gloating after a successful assassination, just to make sure that everyone has no doubts.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:17 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
That is incorrect. Killing him would achieve the justice that we are denied by his exile.
Do you agree that other other countries have the same right and can kill asylum seekers who left their territory?

Should everyone who avoids a trial be killed? Or just if there's a possible prison time of 30 years, like with Snowden?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:46 pm
@oralloy,
You wouldn't recognize justice if it bit your dickhead.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 11:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It will probably be killed in commission.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:22 am
@Olivier5,
Did you notice? oralboy said, "we are denied justice." Who is he? Judge, jury and executioner? oralboy thinks too highly of himself without any understanding of the justice system of this country.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 02:36 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Then stop your bitching. Ci is a better American than you are, more faithful to the States' original values than you will ever be.

Thank you for your suggestion, Olivier.

I'll give it the consideration I think your suggestions deserve to get.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 02:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oralloy wrote:
Do you agree that other other countries have the same right and can kill asylum seekers who left their territory?

Should everyone who avoids a trial be killed? Or just if there's a possible prison time of 30 years, like with Snowden?

I think they should get fair trials...just as I think Edward Snowden should get a fair trial.

Snowden can only do that by returning to the United States.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 03:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're answering for oralloy now? Shocked
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 03:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You're answering for oralloy now? Shocked

I'm responding to something you wrote, Walter.

I thought you realized the forum is open to everyone...and that questions or comments directed to one member sometimes elicit responses from others.
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 03:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Depends on the circumstances. Are we talking about an innocent person avoiding a show trial, or a guilty person avoiding justice?

I'm inclined to deny the same right for most other countries because they tend to have no concept of right and wrong. What the US would use to punish the guilty, other countries would use to punish the innocent.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing other countries stripped of their criminal justice systems altogether, with the US being placed in charge of justice all around the world.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 03:31 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Are we talking about an innocent person avoiding a show trial, or a guilty person avoiding justice?
Please inform yourself about the reasons why someone leaves a country and seeks asylum in another.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 03:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing other countries stripped of their criminal justice systems altogether, with the US being placed in charge of justice all around the world.
Thanks.

It certainly might not take a long time and the U.S.A. will have annected all or at least most other countries in the world.