Snowdon is a dummy

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:54 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
More memes, Oralboy. Could you just post your entire meme generator once?

I don't understand the question. However, you'd be a lot more pleasant without the name-calling.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:57 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
I think the subject was simply, how do you know potential terrorist are potential terrorist unless you pick up some kind of chatter or data from all the information being picked up to indicate suspicions in that direction? It seems to me, when someone figures that out, then, perhaps the problem of balancing security and privacy will be simpler.
So at first, you spy on everyone. And later, those, who are singled get their privacy back?

Even that doesn't really work, when you look at the data which are stored.
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsa186eb30.jpg
March 2013 Watchlisting Guidance = the government's guidebook to the no-fly list.
Quote:
The “March 2013 Watchlisting Guidance,” a 166-page document issued last year by the National Counterterrorism Center, spells out the government’s secret rules for putting individuals on its main terrorist database, as well as the no fly list and the selectee list, which triggers enhanced screening at airports and border crossings. The new guidelines allow individuals to be designated as representatives of terror organizations without any evidence they are actually connected to such organizations, and it gives a single White House official the unilateral authority to place “entire categories” of people the government is tracking onto the no fly and selectee lists. It broadens the authority of government officials to “nominate” people to the watchlists based on what is vaguely described as “fragmentary information.” It also allows for dead people to be watchlisted.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's what is called 'overkill' of a problem that's based on fear.
They have lost all sense of balance in their pursuit of locating terrorists.
Here's a link that covers the subject of "Preventing Crime" with some common sense solutions. https://www.ncjrs.gov/works/wholedoc.htm

There are some acts of violence that will never be predicted by any form of surveillance. THAT'S A FACT. Most acts of violence are perpetrated by people with guns, but gun ownership is guaranteed by our Constitution.

Although studies show that there is an increase in gun ownership, crimes with guns are down. That's the wrong analogy to look at; the number of violent crimes and accidents with guns are too high whether it's on the decrease while gun ownership is on the increase.

If there were no guns, those gun violence would be zero.
What does matter is that the US has the highest gun ownership as well as the highest incidence of gun violence of any other country. THAT'S THE ISSUE.
From abc news.
Quote:
U.S. Has More Guns – And Gun Deaths – Than Any Other Country, Study Finds
BillRM

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If there were no guns, those gun violence would be zero.

LOL where the magic wand to removed 300 millions plus guns?

Not to mention an unconstitutional attempt to seize guns is one of the few things that could trigger a second American revolution.

As this thread had shown we sure the hell can not completely trust our rulers.

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:41 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
LOL where the magic wand to removed 300 millions plus guns?

That shouldn't be all that difficult, Bill, most have you readily surrendered your brains.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:45 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
As this thread had shown we sure the hell can not completely trust our rulers.

Not only this thread. I've posted voluminous data which illustrates beyond the shadow of a doubt that y'all have been royally duped for your entire existence.

Of course the vast majority avoid that completely. See what I mean about surrendering your minds.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:27 pm
Germany begins spying on Britain and America for the first time since 1945
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany for the first time since 1945 in response to a series of US spy scandals which have badly soured relations between Berlin and Washington.

The Süddeutsche Zeitung and two-state funded German TV channels, WDR and NDR, quoted an unnamed Berlin government source who said Ms Merkel’s Chancellery and her interior and foreign ministries had agreed to launch counter-espionage measures against Britain and the US for the first time.
[...]
News of Germany’s new counter-espionage offensive against Britain and the US comes only two days after officials from Washington and Berlin held so-called “restorative talks” in an attempt to dispel the mutual rancour caused by the spying scandals.

Both sides were said to have set up “ guiding principles” governing the relationship between their respective intelligence agencies although the German side was obliged to accept that the US flatly ruled out any “no spy” agreement.

Revelations about uncontrolled US and British intelligence gathering have struck a nerve in Germany where spying is associated with Hitler’s Gestapo and the former Communist Stasi secret police.
revelette2

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:30 pm
@BillRM,
After 9/11, one of the most asked question was, why didn't we know more ahead of time that terrorist were planning on using planes to blow up the twin towers? What if next time an attack came, it came in the form of WMD and we had no idea because we were so worried about the government listening in on our conversations or reading our emails ECT? I am not saying it is guaranteed to catch terrorist before they strike, but I would like to think we at least use every means at our disposal to track them before we get attacked again.

Feel free to disagree, I know you and a lot of others do, but in the end, I can't make myself care more about privacy than I do about security.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Revelations about uncontrolled US and British intelligence gathering have struck a nerve in Germany where spying is associated with Hitler’s Gestapo and the former Communist Stasi secret police.

No nerve struck among the apisian crowd. Can we say fascist America folks? Are you practicing your goose stepping? It's likely to replace line dancing.

When people are fooled into thinking freedom is equivalent to mouthing platitudes about "land of the free, ...", it's easy to lull them into sheeple.

"We the sheeple , baaaaaa baaaaaa baaa baaaaaa."
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:34 pm
@JTT,
Well, forgive me if I just don't want to lie down and take my "reprisals" or have my loved ones die because we deserve it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Germany begins spying on Britain and America for the first time since 1945
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany for the first time since 1945 in response to a series of US spy scandals which have badly soured relations between Berlin and Washington.

The Süddeutsche Zeitung and two-state funded German TV channels, WDR and NDR, quoted an unnamed Berlin government source who said Ms Merkel’s Chancellery and her interior and foreign ministries had agreed to launch counter-espionage measures against Britain and the US for the first time.
[...]
News of Germany’s new counter-espionage offensive against Britain and the US comes only two days after officials from Washington and Berlin held so-called “restorative talks” in an attempt to dispel the mutual rancour caused by the spying scandals.

Both sides were said to have set up “ guiding principles” governing the relationship between their respective intelligence agencies although the German side was obliged to accept that the US flatly ruled out any “no spy” agreement.

If German Intelligence is actually JUST STARTING to spy on the US and UK...then the entire of the German Intelligence organization ought to be replaced. They should have been doing it starting many years ago...and continuing. If the truly are JUST STARTING (something I very seriously doubt)...they most likely will be incompetent at it.

But I would bet they have been doing it all along...and probably are quite competent. At least, they haven't had their Edward Snowden.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:45 pm
@revelette2,
So instead of seeking to rectify the very problem that y'all have caused by allowing your governments to rape and pillage the planet, you want to further punish/kill more innocents.

Is that what you are saying, Rev? I ask you to consider just how counterproductive such an idea is.

Quote:
Well, forgive me if I just don't want to lie down and take my "reprisals" or have my loved ones die because we deserve it.

Heaven forbid. Personal responsibility, taking the responsible course of actions for wrongs committed, is something that has never been uttered by any American!

All kidding aside, what is wrong with acting like human beings? What is wrong with following the propaganda - are all men created equal? Does everyone have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You just can't fathom that not everyone is as evil as y'all are, Frank.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:50 pm
@revelette2,
Unrealistic fears does strange things to people's thinking. You're more likely to get killed driving your own car than any attack by a terrorist. It's safer to fly than to be a passenger in a car.

You need BALANCE.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
If German Intelligence is actually JUST STARTING to spy on the US and UK...
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
If the truly are JUST STARTING (something I very seriously doubt)...they most likely will be incompetent at it.
I've tried it some dozens times. This time I just use again a quote from my quote:
Quote:

We did trust friends and allies until now.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's fundamentally about TRUST. If you don't have trust, why are they allies? What are the primary requirement for TRUST? It seems their concept of trust is trust no one. That works both ways. Are any of these people married or have friends and family they don't trust? Do they trust anyone?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
If German Intelligence is actually JUST STARTING to spy on the US and UK...
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:

And certainly no German politician would lie...right?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
If the truly are JUST STARTING (something I very seriously doubt)...they most likely will be incompetent at it.
I've tried it some dozens times. This time I just use again a quote from my quote:
Quote:

We did trust friends and allies until now.

Okay...so now you see that you were being naive...massively so.

Don't trust...check things out to see what is happening beneath the surface.

Thanks for helping to bolster my point, Walter.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You need BALANCE.

Smile
0 Replies