Snowdon is a dummy

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
]And certainly no German politician would lie...right?
I have never said such nor has it do with the sources/links.

Why do you ask that now?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
]And certainly no German politician would lie...right?
I have never said such nor has it do with the sources/links.

Why do you ask that now?

Because you quoted what Angela Merkel said...in rebuttal to what I was saying, Walter.
BillRM

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:20 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
After 9/11, one of the most asked question was, why didn't we know more ahead of time that terrorist were planning on using planes to blow up the twin towers?

Sorry but there was enough information known by law enforcement before 911 to had stopped it the problem is the information was bury in an ocean of information that was not connected together before the attack.

Now the fools are creating one hell of a lot more information that have little likelihood to be connected to terrorism to the point that the water resources in Utah is being tax to cool the hard drives containing all that for the most part worthless information.

We are less safe now then before 911 as the federal government are wasting far more resources trying to be all knowing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He asks stupid questions to divert the discussion to something that's completely unrelated to US spying on our friends.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

He asks stupid questions to divert the discussion to something that's completely unrelated to US spying on our friends.

Even my questions have to be stupid to you, ci?

I hope at some point you grow up enough to be ashamed of what you have become in this forum.

And I hope someone quotes me saying that...so you can continue the pretense that you are ignoring me, because I get a bigger kick out of that than most things here.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Because you quoted what Angela Merkel said...in rebuttal to what I was saying, Walter.
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany for the first time since 1945 in response to a series of US spy scandals which have badly soured relations between Berlin and Washington.

So you say she didn't order that? The federal counter-espionage service (it's actually only one, the others are by the states) is directly under the orders of the Chancellor via the State Secretary at the Federal Chancellery for the Intelligence Services (a career civil servant).
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany for the first time since 1945 in response to a series of US spy scandals which have badly soured relations between Berlin and Washington.

So you say she didn't order that?

NO...I DID NOT SAY THAT, WALTER.

Are you having trouble with English. I realize it is not your primary language...but in order to communicate, you have to understand what is being said.

Quote:

The federal counter-espionage service (it's actually only one, the others are by the states) is directly under the orders of the Chancellor via the State Secretary at the Federal Chancellery for the Intelligence Services (a career civil servant).

I do not care about any of that, Walter.

My GUESS is that Germany has been spying on the US and the UK just as much as we spy on your guys. It would be the SMART thing to do...and if Germans are anything as a group...it is SMART.

So Merkel now is announcing that she will begin spying.

Okay...and she should also announce that she changed her cell phone.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You really do this very old apisian schtick terribly, Frank. It is so amateurish.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Obama ought to counter Merkel's announcement by announcing that the US HAS BEGUN spying on Germany!

It would make as much sense.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
CLUE: They've already been doing that! Must be new news to you! LOL
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany - Englis is your first language, isn't it???

I've looked through the comments and opinions of tomorrows papers: it is for all a bit of surprise that Merkel really did it (after talks with the interior and foreign minister). But all think, it should be done after "such a betrayal" as a conservative tabloid called it.
All wonder, however, from where the money for that new department will come ...
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

CLUE: They've already been doing that! Must be new news to you! LOL

CLUE: Read up on sarcasm, ci. It won't hurt.

And maybe someone can explain to you that was exactly my point!

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany - Englis is your first language, isn't it???

I've looked through the comments and opinions of tomorrows papers: it is for all a bit of surprise that Merkel really did it (after talks with the interior and foreign minister). But all think, it should be done after "such a betrayal" as a conservative tabloid called it.
All wonder, however, from where the money for that new department will come ...

I know she said it, Walter. I have never denied that she said it.

What is it with you?

But I am guessing that your intelligence agencies were smart enough to already be doing it...right along.

If they were not that smart...they have been shown to be fools, because they made a mistake by not doing so. WE SPIED ON YOU.

If you had been spying on us...you would have known about it much earlier.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Obama ought to counter Merkel's announcement by announcing that the US HAS BEGUN spying on Germany!
Exactly that is the reason why our counter-espionage service got the order to look for US and UK spies.

You see, Frank, my English certainly is a lot worse than yours.
But obviously you are not aware what counter-espionage is and how it works.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You see, Frank, my English certainly is a lot worse than yours

You should see Mr Editorial Writer try to analyze English, Walter. He is a much bigger hoot than he has been in this thread.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 03:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I really think there is translation problems between you and Walter. You were trying to say that you think Germany has been spying on the US and Britain before announcing to one and all they will now be spying on US and Britain?

I think it would really be dumb for them to announce they would start to spy on the US and Britain since the US flatly refused to sign a no spy agreement if they were already spying anyway. I doubt they would do so.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 03:53 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
you were trying to say that you think Germany has been spying on the US and Britain

Frank says a lot of really dumb things, Rev.

Quote:
I think it would really be dumb for them to announce they would start to spy on the US and Britain

Dumb?? I think not. How many around the world who have only considered it, might now realize just what a scummy country the USA is.

“To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal”
Henry Kissinger

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:00 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I really think there is translation problems between you and Walter. You were trying to say that you think Germany has been spying on the US and Britain before announcing to one and all they will now be spying on US and Britain?

Yes...I said exactly that three different times.

Quote:
I think it would really be dumb for them to announce they would start to spy on the US and Britain since the US flatly refused to sign a no spy agreement if they were already spying anyway. I doubt they would do so.

I disagree. I think it would be the smart thing to do...a grab at the high road.

All of us are going to spy on everyone else. Each of us wants to be on the high road. I think that was where Merkel was heading by pretending it was something new and started as a result of what we had done to them.

I acknowledge I may be wrong.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

revelette2 wrote:

[/quote]

And 'spying' is not what Merkel ordered. It was "counter-intelligence".
Quote:
According to section 3 of the Act Regulating the Cooperation between the Federation and the Federal States in Matters Relating to the Protection of the Constitution and on the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (Bundesverfassungsschutzgesetz, BVerfSchG), the domestic intelligence services, that is, the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, BfV) and the intelligence services of the federal states, have been tasked with the collection and the analysis of information on
[...]
2. intelligence activities carried out on behalf of a foreign power (counter-intelligence).
[...]
Source

German intelligence agencies have no executive police powers. Their operatives are not authorized to carry out arrests, searches of premises, interrogations or confiscations. If they establish that judicial or police measures are required, they hand the matter over to the courts, public prosecutors and/or CID "state security" (Staatsschutz) officers who decide independently what action is justified.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

revelette2 wrote:

And 'spying' is not what Merkel ordered. It was "counter-intelligence".[/quote]

That is like saying she did not order a ham sandwich...just two pieces of bread with some ham between them, Walter.

One does not do counter-intelligence without spying.

But the point is that all countries are not only spying...they are all doing counter -intelligence also...unless they are not particularly bright.

So what is your point?