Snowdon is a dummy

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Many Americans were against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. To blame all Americans for our government's misdeeds is a bit unrealistic.

Indeed, most Americans were dead set against war in Iraq and it's doubtful GWB/Cheney could have pulled it off had it not been for 9/11. September 11,2001, stunned Americans emotionally and psychologically; the mental phenomena experienced by US citizens made them practically putty in the hands of the strategists, Neocons, George W Bush and Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Condoleezza Rice, etc .

9/11 was practically a godsend for the GWB administration because the attack had given the NEOCONS the motive they needed to put Americans in the frame of mind for war; however, not every American was ready for war with Iraq but their hands were tied. Koki Anan, Chief UN officer, said "The invasion of Iraq was illegal." There was nothing Americans could do about the administration stated goal to invade Iraq; at first the coalition went to Afghanistan and after about 3 days there, the majority of troops headed to Iraq to take over the natural wealth of the Iraqi people...oil! Senator Obama voted against going to war in Iraq but Hillary Clinton voted "yes."

And yet, one cannot help but understand where Izzy is coming from...one would like to blame someone, after all, the strategic plans to invade Iraq did originate in the heads of the NEOCONS AND DICK CHENEY. The war was so totally unnecessary, and the insane loss of life, with so many Iraqi refugees, and now we have pulled out leaving that country so broken that it will take seemingly a decade to get it right. Let's hope the Taliban doesn't take up roots there.

Saddam Hussein, with all his faults, at least kept the varying ethnic groups at bay and there was peace, largely because they believed he still possessed WMD, i.e., nerve gas, and there was not the mass suffering and bombings going on all over the place.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:56 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
And yet, one cannot help but understand where Izzy is coming from...one would like to blame someone, after all, the strategic plans to invade Iraq did originate in the heads of the NEOCONS AND DICK CHENEY.

Not only was the war wrong, it was badly funded and ill thought out. We were under the, false, impression that the Americans actually knew what they were talking about. Despite that we still went along with it.

Now, it transpires that was all for nothing, despite sending our troops to fight your wars, and enduring terrorist strikes from Islamic terrorists, you still treat us as no different from hardline Putin loyalists in Russia. The only people who matter to you are Americans, the rest of us are either chattle or adversaries.
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Many Americans were against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. To blame all Americans for our government's misdeeds is a bit unrealistic.

To blame all Americans goes beyond the pail.

beyond the pale.

You've been sucked back thru the vortex into the propaganda cesspool, CI. It's just impossible to escape, this lifetime of lies pretty much ensures you will live a lifetime of lies.

Your government is YOUR government, CI. Remember "government of the people, by the people, for the people". Is the carnage that is the sum total of the US's foreign policy really "for the people"?

This might be a plausible argument if it had happened once, possibly twice, but to sit there, knowing what y'all know, there is no excuse for allowing your governments to do what they do.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Britain is the 51st state Izzy - Look around.
So, this 'special relationship' has gifted you with assimilation.

And the harbingers of the NWO and the acquisitions of resources that precede it, are NOT yanks - They are GLOBALISTS, and what you are allowed to understand of the world's processes (via media) is the tip of a very dark and sinister iceberg.

You see presidents, generals, prime ministers, kings and queens...
I see performing puppets.
There are No divisions between nations, no civil wars, no uprisings, unless the pupeteers deem so.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:08 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Indeed, most Americans were dead set against war in Iraq

Really? I think you had better check your history, MiT.

Quote:
and it's doubtful GWB/Cheney could have pulled it off had it not been for 9/11.

There was lots of time for sober second thought. That's what made the two invasions war crimes - the US wasn't in any imminent danger. The US had pledged, had taken the initiative to have other countries renounce war in favor of diplomacy. Point me to a time where the US has followed that notion, if you wouldn't mind, MiT?

Quote:
Let's hope the Taliban doesn't take up roots there.

Excuse me for being so frank, MiT, but that is ignorance that is light years beyond the milk pail. Smile

The Taliban were the US's pals. Don't you know this?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Now, it transpires that was all for nothing, despite sending our troops to fight your wars, and enduring terrorist strikes from Islamic terrorists,

This sounds so callously American, Izzy.

Wouldn't you think a little compassion might be in order for the people who actually suffered from the HUMONGOUS war crimes and terrorism that, I believe, your government helped, facilitated, perpetrated all the same lies?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Not all of us believed what they were trying to sell; Saddam had WMD's.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I have a problem with the bullying, intimidating nature of the American government, regardless of what party is in power.

I understand that, Izzy, and most people feel the same way. I'm curious as to how the US has bullied the UK. I can understand there is a certain ruthlessness about the US but this is something that many powerful countries exudes.

"The British Empire once comprised the dominions, colonies, protectorates, mandates and other territories ruled or administered by the United Kingdom. It originated with the overseas possessions and trading posts established by England between the late 16th and early 18th centuries. At its height, it was the largest empire in history and, for over a century, was the foremost global power. By 1922 the British Empire held sway over about 458 million people, one-fifth of the world's population at the time. The empire covered more than 33,700,000 km2 (13,012,000 sq mi), almost a quarter of the Earth's total land area. As a result, its political, legal, linguistic and cultural legacy is widespread. At the peak of its power, the phrase "the empire on which the sun never sets" was often used to describe the British Empire, because its expanse across the globe meant that the sun was always shining on at least one of its territories."

The British Empire was quite ruthless in many ways, and it was no pushover. Any major power will find resentment emanating from people and you are no exception. I feel helpless in the face of so many faults I find in my government, especially with the Tea Party, a cancer metastasizing throughout the entire Republican Party.

Quote:
I think our future lies with the EU, where at least we are treated as equals. I repeat, if you can think of anything about the special relationship that benefits Britain, please say.

The original 13 colonies stemmed from the UK and as such we originated from you. There will always be a specialness between the United States of America and Britain....maybe that's one of the hidden reasons there's a significant minority who celebrate the Monarchy and its royalt. It's more of a kindred feeling. Now, I'll admit these are my feelings. There are Americans who could not care less for the Monarchy and are like you see no special relationship between the UK and the US.

Quote:
Yes, Tony Blair betrayed us. He is a war criminal.

I've done a lot of reading regarding Tony Blair and his intense personal ambition....his need to suck up to the power structure.....
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:31 pm
@izzythepush,
It wasn't only badly funded, but at the beginning these same Neocons said the war's cost would be $50 billion. Talk about underestimate of cost, and they're (the GOP) are the ones crying about our huge deficits - trying to blame Obama. Go figure! GW Bush doubled our national debt, and they didn't make a peep!
mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wrong.

Saddam was trading in gold.
That's a globalist 'no no'.

Had fuckall to do with wmd's or oilfields.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:33 pm
@mark noble,
He was just smarter than most during those times! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not smarter.
Arrogant.

He actually believed himself to be invulnerable.
Why the alcohol-swigging emos?
I don't drink.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Not all of us believed what they were trying to sell; Saddam had WMD's.

I had always thought GWB was a crook and disliked Cheney for his crooked smile. Anytime they opened their mouth I believed them to be lying. They sent forth an odor that said the GWB's administration stink! From the beginning when GWB stole the 2000 election I distrusted the THE DUMMY PRESIDENT AND HIS ILK!
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

It wasn't only badly funded, but at the beginning these same Neocons said the war's cost would be $50 billion.

Cheney said the Iraq war would pay for itself with all its oil money! LOL!!!! That war and the Afghanistan was/is being paid for by the Obama administration and the American people.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:45 pm
@mark noble,
I drink and smoke cigars (Cuban's).
mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How does one drink a cigar?
And why state its country of origin?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:51 pm
@mark noble,
It's easy when a dork suggests it.
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 06:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
We've actually got a better handle on things...than most powerful nations have been in the past.

Please explain why you think that is so, Frank.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why is your avatar a photo of a van outside a cinema?
Do you like vans?
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 07:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
smoke cigars (Cuban's)

This is the NSA. Thank you, Mr CI, for that information. We have placed it in your file. It will be helpful should we need to seek your incarceration in the future or question your loyalty. As you know, only traitors to the US would smoke a commie cigar. Sleep well.