Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
"(The right to privacy is a person's) right to be left alone by the government... the right most valued by civilized men."
- Former Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

Frank, In addition to being stupid, you're not "civilized." Mr. Green

I am civilized, ci...and I am not stupid. I am in better command of English than you.

You would realize that if you got yourself under control.

Quote:
You can't prove anything; you never have and never will.

Sure I can. I can prove that the name on my birth certificate is Frank Apisa.

Quote:
After all, all your posts are only guesses that you think has any merit.

And you dare to suggest that I have no command of English!!

Quote:
You can never provide an intelligent answer to simple questions, because you are that stupid!

I am not stupid, ci...and I often provide very intelligent answers and responses to questions.

Quote:
You have only one ability; post bull shyt!

No...I also am one of the best putters in my golfing group.

Quote:
You can't even take the hint that the majority of posters on a2k question your "opinions," because they don't have any basis in "reality."

You should not be speaking for the majority here, ci. Makes no sense.

Quote:
Oh, that's right, you're not sure about reality.

I am not sure about the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

Are you? Wink

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I also am one of the best putters in my golfing group.

I am going to have to take Apisa more seriously.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:12 am
@spendius,
I wasn't a Dylan fan when a kid but I recently acquired Tambourine Man and am savouring it slowly... Smile next on my to do list is Jane Austeen. I'm just afraid to look girly reading pride and prejudice in the subway.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:14 am
Oh by the way, I haven't mentioned this in a while...

...but Edward Snowden deserves a fair trial on the charges that have been brought against him.
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:28 am
@Olivier5,
Don't worry about that Olivier. I'm a Janeite. I can't understand why women read her. She blows them out of the water. Although I can see that it might be a relief for some to find out what women are really like.

Philip Larkin said that Tambourine Man is the greatest song ever written. I agree apart from Barbara Allen which Dylan has his own version of.

And he probably never got the chance to see the 1981 concert versions of the song. He was referring to the original version.

What a mess the Byrds made of it.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:32 am
@Olivier5,
Mansfield Park is my fave. That Fanny Price eh?
revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:26 am
@spendius,
I'm a fan of Georgette Heyer myself, I have read Jane Austeen, (?spell) but, to me, Heyer is just a bit more interesting. I love her use of words and I learn a bit about history as she really got into historical details. (forgot a lot...)

revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have about figured out CI is comfortable in groups. Gotta to hand it to you though, don't know if I could take the abuse you seem to be handed by those couple of posters day after day. I would be putting them on ignore or just ignore them altogether without the ignore function button. I mean, other than calling you stupid and dumb, they don't have anything of interest to say.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:43 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I have about figured out CI is comfortable in groups. Gotta to hand it to you though, don't know if I could take the abuse you seem to be handed by those couple of posters day after day. I would be putting them on ignore or just ignore them altogether without the ignore function button. I mean, other than calling you stupid and dumb, they don't have anything of interest to say.

I understand what you are saying, Revelette.

There was a time when someone spoke to me the way ci and Olivier both do so often...I would go ape ****...and hurl back stuff twice as vile. It was a habit I got into when I came from Abuzz to this site. Essentially, use any excuse to be as rude and offensive as possible. I actually left for a while, because I started to lose respect for myself for allowing that.

I'm over that now...no need for a chain saw when a scalpel is at hand and does a better job.

I'm actually enjoying my interaction with ci. I'm hoping he doesn't take Olivier's sage advice.

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 09:06 am
@revelette2,
Quote:

I agree with your reasoning, Revelette. Frank Apisa appear to be the only one here on this especial thread who is well-mannered, yet he's being attacked by people seemingly now entering their second childhood. I, cannot for the love of the powers that be, see the need for small-minded, spiteful slanderous attacks of name calling: "dumb" "ignorant" "stupid," should be necessary in a public civilized forum, especially since the poster being attacked is simply stating his view which differ from his attackers. I share the same belief regarding Snowden as FP, and if someone kept attacking me in this way, I would put them on IGNORE THE DAY AFTER YESTERDAY the same way I do Coldjoint, Oralloy, etc.!

Frank Apisa is standing firmly for his views while upholding his principles, his moral beliefs, NOT BACKING DOWN, which is what his critics would like; Apisa will not to be pulled into the gutter where his attackers appear to be living 24/7.

I admire the sagacious Frank Apisa, a man of wisdom and wit. Maybe it's this core strength of character that cause his attackers to cringe.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 09:18 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Seems that anyone who has a different opinion to Frank is thought to be ill-mannered.

Well, I don't complain - due to my age, I really like being in my second childhood.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 09:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Seems that anyone who has a different opinion to Frank is thought to be ill-mannered.

Well, I don't complain - due to my age, I really like being in my second childhood.

It doesn't matter if your view differ from others, Walter Hinteler, simply because you have always been one of the most courteous posters on this thread. I regard you in high esteem. I only wish more were like you. When I mentioned "second childhood" it was because that was the only way I could emotionally describe Frank Apisa's attackers who were hurling abusive language. Adult posters, don't as a general rule, degrade themselves to this level of slander. The English language is rich in words with which to attack someone with whom you disagree, but gutter language merely show how frustratingly immature the attacker is.
revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, why don't try going back a few pages and just look at how many times CI and to a lesser extent spendius has called Frank stupd, dumb, says he just doesn't understand.... CI tried that with me, but I just don't want to put up with it. Don't have to, so I don't.

I mean I can get people disagreeing, but I don't get this infantile need to keep on calling people names.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Also, might I add, just because one is elderly does not imply a regression into the childhood stage. It is one's action that define "second childhood." At my University, we have a couple of professors in their late 70s and early 80's, who lecture or give speeches (in their area of expertise) at major calendar events. Their minds are sharp! Not every one's mind deteriorate as they advance in age, especially if one keeps active mentally. I find you to be first-rate and I, personally, have learned much from you as you have frequently enlightened me, a novice in so much of history.
revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:07 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Well, he is not the only one well mannered, just the only one is that particular circle of back and fourths. We all have our own faults, mine is to point others it seems Wink but, it just seems this "stupid" business has gone on long enough. I watch my grandchildren on most days, ages eleven and four, the age difference makes it difficult at times and their taste in tv shows and such are different but there just comes a time when you just have to say, "I don't care who fault it is, just cut it out." Its the grandmother in me I guess.
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:13 am
@Moment-in-Time,
MiT: you have frequently enlightened me, a novice in so much of history.

You really are that, MiT. You are especially ignorant of USA history. You know all the propaganda and the memes, just what they want you sheeple to know.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:16 am
@revelette2,
Do you want your grand kids to be steeped in ignorance as regards their country, Rev?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:22 am
Thank you MiT and Revelette,

I am no saint by any means...and when someone insists on being as rude and ornery as possible at every opportunity...I can (and do) dish some crap out myself.

But I am trying to keep that nonsense to a minimum...and only a select few have earned the right to receive the measure from me.

A2K is, in a way, life on the planet in microcosm. The way we act toward each other is pretty much the way the world in general has been acting toward the rest of the world.

Some will just not give reason, compromise, and a willingness to allow others to differ to exist.

My feelings on Edward Snowden are mixed. I have no idea of what actually motivates him...and I have been bitterly disappointed with other people who claim to be acting from altruistic views in the past. Maybe that has made me jaded toward the supposed "whistle blowers."

But I do know he has been reasonably CHARGED with crimes...and he deserves a fair trial. Whatever the outcome of that trial, if it ever happens, will satisfy me. I may not agree with the verdict (be it guilty or not guilty), but it will be the consequences of the process that is in place.

I notice other things have occupied the minds operating the media these days...but I would not be surprised to see the Snowden situation take front stage again soon.

Thanks again to Revelette and MiT.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:25 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Well, he is not the only one well mannered, just the only one is that particular circle of back and fourths

I understand too well where you're coming from, Revelette, and my post is designed just for those who act puerile, nothing more and nothing less.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:45 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Mim, You seem to think Frank is a gentlemen who never abuses other posters. Well, you're wrong. He even told me I'm an angry American who hates America (wrong on all counts) and I should join Snowden in Russia.

I'll also join Walter and admit I'm happy to be in my second childhood!

YOU CAN ALSO PUT ME ON IGNORE for all I care.