Snowdon is a dummy

RABEL222

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:36 pm
@Mame,
If you post here very much, and I know you do, you know this is a bunch of crap. Many libs and conservatives on this site knock our government when they are proved to be doing something wrong. Our power comes from voting every 2 or 4 years. That time frame keeps any reactions very slow. Perhaps one would rather live in China where changes can be made in a day.
Quote:
He may mean "Americans are guilty" because they do nothing about it; they claim ignorance or other reasons. What's that phrase? I can't think at the moment, but, it's basically if you're not for it, you're against it. No such thing as standing on middle ground. That's how Americans are guilty.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
In China, even government officials who are caught with fraud are shot dead.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Unless some bureaucrat buries it deep enough its never found.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
If the UK didn't do enough to protect you from US spying, you should complain to your own government. Evidently, it wasn't doing its job.
There are already claims filed, saying laws used to justify data trawling by Prism and Tempora programmes are being abused.

Quote:
In a 22-page statement of grounds, Privacy International refers to the Prism programme, which allows the NSA to intercept the communications of non-US citizens living outside America from global internet companies such as Google, Facebook and Yahoo.

The Guardian revealed that some of this information has been shared with GCHQ. So far the government has refused to say under what legal authority this has been done – if GCHQ had wanted to get this material for itself in the UK, it would have to apply under the Regulatory of Investigatory Powers act (Ripa) for a warrant from a minister.

Campaigners fear Britain is circumventing its own rules to make it easier to get intelligence, and that the emails and calls of Britons are almost certainly being swept up by the NSA.
Source
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Indeed - and that's always the official excuse.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
His shortcoming is in not recognizing that almost all governments have done the same thing to more or less of a degree.

Your shortcoming, Rabel, which is par for the course for many Americans is repeatedly offering up this nonsense as fact.

First, I've never suggested for one moment that other governments have not done similar things.

When you look at this in any fashion that remotely approaches honesty, [you can forget about tying such things] it is the US, and its media and its citizens that have long been pointing fingers at others as the major perpetrators of things evil.

Quote:
I would never defend his opinions because he is so partisan to one opinion.

See above.

They are NOT MY OPINIONS!!

See what I mean about the virtually complete absence of honesty.

Quote:
I disreguard everything he posts because he is unreasonable.

See what I mean about the virtually complete absence of honesty.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And no one remarks/calls you on your splendid examples of editorial excellence, Frank.

Frank A:
I supposed that the government was going to do many, many things that we were not going to like, in order to prevent (insofar as is possible) as many terroristic attacks as possible.

JTT:
Still you advance this egregious propaganda, Frank, never acknowledging the truth, that these piddly events that have occurred against the US are but a miniscule fraction of the terrorism the US has been engaged in for over a century.

Frank A: I also suspect (and will go on record here as saying) that we are probably one really effective terroristic attack (of the like of 9/11) from causing people to run for office PROMISING to do things that will make the stuff currently being disclosed look like piddly little nonsense. (And those people will be elected.)

JTT: Y'all have always been so easy to terrify, Frank. Again, you ignore history and the truth to pretend that you are revealing something new tat no one has ever thought of before.

This isn't your usual 'top of the class' stuff, Frank.

Frank A: [Insert Frank Apisa's top of the class editorial excellence here]
JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:33 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
It must be hell to be you.

Considering how little respect you have and show for the truth and honesty, Joe, I can fully appreciate why you feel this way.

What might it be, Joe, that keeps you from addressing my reply, that fully describes that your numerous replies to me in,

http://able2know.org/topic/203286-11#post-5272439

were classic, oft oft repeated [which you must now seriously regret] examples of dishonesty, of attempts to smear me for something that YOU were the guilty party for?

Where is your little rat pack now, Joe?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In China, even government officials who are caught with fraud are shot dead.

In the US, even government officials guilty of heinous war crimes are given pensions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:25 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

And no one remarks/calls you on your splendid examples of editorial excellence, Frank.

Frank A:
I supposed that the government was going to do many, many things that we were not going to like, in order to prevent (insofar as is possible) as many terroristic attacks as possible.

JTT:
Still you advance this egregious propaganda, Frank, never acknowledging the truth, that these piddly events that have occurred against the US are but a miniscule fraction of the terrorism the US has been engaged in for over a century.

Frank A: I also suspect (and will go on record here as saying) that we are probably one really effective terroristic attack (of the like of 9/11) from causing people to run for office PROMISING to do things that will make the stuff currently being disclosed look like piddly little nonsense. (And those people will be elected.)

JTT: Y'all have always been so easy to terrify, Frank. Again, you ignore history and the truth to pretend that you are revealing something new tat no one has ever thought of before.

This isn't your usual 'top of the class' stuff, Frank.

Frank A: [Insert Frank Apisa's top of the class editorial excellence here]

Drunk http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif
JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Finally, you've seen fit to reach deep and pull out Frank Apisa's best editorial stuff of all time. We should all be honored, deeply honored that you have bestowed this upon us, Frank. A lesser man would have saved it for TIME or his local rag or even Fox in order to enhance his own glory.

Not our Frank tho'!!!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 06:28 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Finally, you've seen fit to reach deep and pull out Frank Apisa's best editorial stuff of all time. We should all be honored, deeply honored that you have bestowed this upon us, Frank. A lesser man would have saved it for TIME or his local rag or even Fox in order to enhance his own glory.

Not our Frank tho'!!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif
JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 10:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Over 200 times we [the USA] have put our forces into other countries to force them to our will. We've been in the business of being a country for about 200 years. We've spent fifty years at war, - John Stockwell

To acknowledge what you do not know – is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don’'t – is a display of weakness.

To pretend that what you do know to be true is false is the greatest of all displays of weakness.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 11:21 pm
A good summary about the secret service's relation betweet Germany and USA at Deutsche Welle: PRIVACY: Snowden blows lid on German-US intel ties
Quote:
Intelligence insiders and other experts are striking a common note on the recent media coverage of the NSA: German authorities depend strongly on cooperation, because they don't have the financial or the personnel resources, nor do they have the same far-reaching powers of other intelligence agencies.
The agencies exchange "finished intelligence" reports - summarized studies derived from intelligence "raw materials," Schmidt-Eenboom said. But things are different when it comes to terrorism and early warnings. "If the NSA discovers an acute threat, it will be sent immediately as an urgent matter to the respective German authorities and to the German chancellor's office."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:43 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Over 200 times we [the USA] have put our forces into other countries to force them to our will. We've been in the business of being a country for about 200 years. We've spent fifty years at war, - John Stockwell

To acknowledge what you do not know – is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don’'t – is a display of weakness.

To pretend that what you do know to be true is false is the greatest of all displays of weakness.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:59 am
The Guardian and Der Spiegel publish new details piece by piece.
And (European) politicians react ... with little reaction.
Total surveillance, without anyone suspecting of a precise crime, seems to be somehow okay in democracies.

Doesn't the rule of law pervert itself by methodical, secret surveillance?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
David Davis was being interviewed on the radio the other day. He made a very good point about the pointlessness of large scale surveillance. Both the perpetrators of the 7/7 bombings and the men who killed Lee Rigby were known to police beforehand, but because they were part of massive reams of data, they weren't acted on. Intelligence needs to be more intelligent and targeted.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

David Davis was being interviewed on the radio the other day. He made a very good point about the pointlessness of large scale surveillance. Both the perpetrators of the 7/7 bombings and the men who killed Lee Rigby were known to police beforehand, but because they were part of massive reams of data, they weren't acted on. Intelligence needs to be more intelligent and targeted.

Right!

Only people who are actually going to attack us...or commit terroristic acts should be targeted
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 09:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The real question is, do you want that much privacy, or would you rather they catch people who plan to harm you? There are now several countries with nuclear weapons. If they didn't do surveillance and were bombed because they didn't have any information of any threat, would you have won or lost?

Me? I'm willing to give up a little privacy to remain safe from terrorists. "Data gathering" doesn't mean they listen to each telephone conversation or read every email; that would be logistically impossible.

How is the number of telephone calls and emails I produce detrimental to my privacy? Being afraid of numbers, to me, is foolish. I'd rather be safe from terrorists.

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 09:58 am
@engineer,
Quote:
That should all sound familiar right now. If the government was willing to break into a doctor's office to steal files to smear a political opponent, why would I trust them now? Have humans changed so that we know that abuse of power is a thing of the past?

Agree and once more I will refer to Hoover misused of information to the point of trying to get King to commit suicide using some of that information.

0 Replies