The Canada Column

caprice

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:10 pm
Oooooooo cherries! I forgot about those! B.C. cherries...da best!!! *slobber*
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:16 pm
and cherry tomatoes. hamburger taught me to get Sweet One Millions - and they really are. Of course, with this soil, 2 plants produces faaaaaaaaaar too many of them for me to eat. They go to work, to friends, and one year - the furnace repairman was sent home with 3 grocery bags full of tiny perfect tomatoes.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:40 am
blatham wrote:
Quote:
F=mv^2

Farmerperson's cranial capacity = mouse x vole divided by the displacement of Anita's 2 tits.

Blatham, we shouldn't forget that Canadian humor has been the engine driving American humor for the last 30 years. I peed in my pants. I'll send you the cleaning bill.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:53 am
my, my, my; look what i found

'mericun ode to Canadur.

just one little point re: that original artical Celie,

if the Yanks read all this, and note the part about our more liberal immigration quotas..............

could you imagine going down to 'Little New York' at the centre of Calgary's 'American' district, to buy bagels?
Not to mention Whiskey a Go Go, in TO!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:00 am
Setanta wrote:
Yes, i imagine it does surprise you to find a lady in your bed . . .

It does! I find myself frequently reaching to touch, to ensure the empirical nature of breasts and everything.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:02 am
That doesn't sound like much of a lady, allowing touching and all.
<shakes head>
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:03 am
panzade wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
F=mv^2

Farmerperson's cranial capacity = mouse x vole divided by the displacement of Anita's 2 tits.

Blatham, we shouldn't forget that Canadian humor has been the engine driving American humor for the last 30 years. I peed in my pants. I'll send you the cleaning bill.

Boy, I haven't peed in my pants for a long time. I kind of miss that...the comfy warm snuggle of it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:05 am
ehBeth wrote:
That doesn't sound like much of a lady, allowing touching and all.
<shakes head>

She's real AND librul....gosh, is she ever.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:10 am
caprice wrote:
Oooooooo cherries! I forgot about those! B.C. cherries...da best!!! *slobber*

I have a hundred Norman Rockwell childhood memories of riding to the local swimming hole, dropping our bikes into the tall grass or against some farmer's fence, scampering up a cherry tree, and just feasting!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:14 am
blath;
i bet you don't wear your 'Depends' to bed! :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:33 pm
LEAFS SUCK!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 07:52 pm
Ive returned to see whether any new tidbits of cross borer wisdom can be gleaned by my vole brain. ALAS,
I am being ridiculed as a food critic for my bold yet fair statements about the quality9or lack thereof) of canadian produce( pronounced PROD'- use by Peter Dzosky). Notice, i had not
criticized your blubber or dried fish, and i must say the quality of your dulse crop is consistently high.

as for leftenant Dooright , I shall be forced to shove his smokey bear hat down his frame till it surrounds
his midriff like the rings of Saturn.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:03 pm
Hear Hear meinen General!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:59 am
farmerman wrote:
..........as for leftenant Dooright , I shall be forced to shove his smokey bear hat down his frame till it surrounds his midriff like the rings of Saturn.

you're way out of date f'Man;

He's now a 'Captain', having lasted his way up through the ranks,
and due to his elevated position, we now call him Dudley Do'Little'!
(and those 'rings' you refer to are 'built in' in a most 'Goodyear'ish way!)

and, on the subject of C'najun delicacies, you really should get yourself some 'Indian Candy' - salmon filets, which have been soaked in maple syrop, and smoked 'aux point'!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
how about some (canadian) "peameal back bacon" ? see : www.realcanadianbacon.com . isn't it kind a' funny that it is being sold by an american company ? >>> the REAL Canadian Bacon Co., Troy, MI USA hbg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:15 pm
Notable Notes for a Canajun April:

April 1, 1776, the first "United Empire" loyalists arrive in Halifax. They apparently found the notion of a United States uncongenial, and no longer valued the company of their neighbors. Life would be very difficult indeed for the "American Tories," before they would be well-established in Canadia.

On April 2, 1975, the final piece of the CN Tower was lifted into place, making it then the tallest free-standing structure in the world. It is a striking landmark as one drives into Toronto, and passing it always tells me i'm within 15 mintues (well, at the speed i drive, ten or fewer minutes--but don't tell my sweetiepie!) of ehBeth's House.

http://wonderclub.com/WorldWonders/images/CNTower.gif

The Canadian Second Division entered the battle of St. Eloi in Belgium on April 3, 1916. Canada was eventually to make a contribution in the lives of her young men out of all proportion to any other nation in that war. She lost more than 60,000 killed, which in a population of 7,000,000, was an enormous number. Had the United States suffered comparable casualties, we'd have had over a milllion men killed. As it was, both killed and wounded Americans amounted to fewer than a quarter of a million. I'd say Canada "paid her Imperial dues" in that war.

On the fourth of a April, 1949, Canada became one of the dozen founding members of NATO. Her contribution to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization has been a superb anti-submarine Navy, expanding upon the vital role she played in the Second World War.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:24 pm
in april 1957 we celebrated our first easter in canada and made preparations to purchase baby-carriage for expected arrival of ehbeth ... and still it has not been recognized as a special holiday in canada ! hbg ... well, we'll celebrate anyhow !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
You got yer insurance paid up, Boss? I don't think yer 'sposed to give away the ladies' ages on-line . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
HAve any of thhe people on this line been through the Belle Isle Straits (Newfie passage to get to Lans Aux Meadows). Next summer (2005) we want to chug up to LLAnse aux Meadow and into the hamilton Inlet in Labrador. Ive been sending for charts as my chip stops waay before this. It looks like the waters can be a bit choppy but there is a passenger ferry that leaves from Goose Bay to St Johns (I believe). This looks like its doable with a mid season start and an intended finish by early September. Anybody have any ideas or links for this area of the Rock, and especially Belle Isle, that water looks dicey and swift.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
THE CANADA COLUMN
farmerman : we came to canada (in the summer of 1956) by way of straits of belle isle. we were on a small dutch freighter , the "prins willem III" of the oranje line. we boarded the ship in rotterdam and sailed by way of le havre in two weeks to canada (port of montreal). newfoundland was the first land we saw after bidding good-bye to le havre, france - and what a sight it was ! i'm sure you'll be amazed by the rugged landscape (if your tummy is easily upset , take some "mal de mer" medication before you board the ship - the seas can be pretty rough). in those days the small dutch freighters were truly small (about 1,500 tons i believe). this was before the st. lawrence seaway opened and the ships had to travel the lachine-canal in order to get into the great lakes. the ships would actually go up to chicago, duluth, port arthur and other ports on the upper great lakes - but no passengers were allowed to travel beyond montreal, if i recall correctly. for info on the straits of belle isles have a look here >>>COAST OF LABRADOR hbg
0 Replies