The Bible (a discussion)

neologist

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 10:47 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
It sure would be nice if this dangerous societal disease called Christianity would finally die off.
neologist wrote:
Replaced with what?
jcboy wrote:
How about Bingo? It’s a game where they might win a little money and they don’t need a brain for that either, plus they can play in the church. That would get them off the streets from harassing people and cramming their beliefs down other people’s throats.
Clever idea. How could you be sure it would not be Jihadist Islam?
timur

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 11:06 am
Spendius wrote:
Giving people the sense that we can live without constraints is very easy to do as long as describing the result is put on Ignore.

I'm not that much into demagogy, I'd rather be blood, sweat and tears.

It's an easy thing not to modify the society because of the hypothetical side effects of the change.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 03:50 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

jcboy wrote:
It sure would be nice if this dangerous societal disease called Christianity would finally die off.
neologist wrote:
Replaced with what?
jcboy wrote:
How about Bingo? It’s a game where they might win a little money and they don’t need a brain for that either, plus they can play in the church. That would get them off the streets from harassing people and cramming their beliefs down other people’s throats.
Clever idea. How could you be sure it would not be Jihadist Islam?

Doesn’t matter to me which religion they follow, if they’re cramming that bullshit down peoples throats send them all to bingo.
neologist

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 04:01 pm
@jcboy,
OK. So you're saying the 'societal disease called religion' . . .
That will happen, BTW.
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 04:13 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

OK. So you're saying the 'societal disease called religion' . . .
That will happen, BTW.

IMO religion is a form of mental illness, it’s all faith based by those that fear death which is why cruelty and religion go hand in hand. Enjoy life while you can, play bingo, go to Vegas and gamble, leave the self hatred behind and have some fun because when your life is over it's lights out and nothing more.
spendius

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 04:20 pm
@jcboy,
Wouldn't the concept of private property die out jc if your plan was adopted by us all after hearing your very persuasive argument?
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:13 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Wouldn't the concept of private property die out jc if your plan was adopted by us all after hearing your very persuasive argument?

Yes it would, now go to Vegas and have some fun while you can.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:19 pm
jcboy said:
Quote:
when your life is over it's lights out and nothing more

Who shall we believe, you or Jesus?
Hmm..that's a toughie..Wink
---------------------------
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/swag80_zps72962e87.gif~original
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

jcboy said:
Quote:
when your life is over it's lights out and nothing more

That’s where the mental illness comes in to play. Believing a man was born of a virgin, died and came back to life and is now waiting in heaven for those that believe in him. Oh and he’s coming back again someday.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:30 pm
@jcboy,
well, he had a really good press corp
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
True but they’re all dead now, that is if they actually existed in the first place. Wink
spendius

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 05:49 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Yes it would, now go to Vegas and have some fun while you can.

But Vegas is dedicated to private property.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 06:54 pm
@jcboy,
You mean Matthew Mark, Luke, John and Ringo?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 07:51 pm
jcboy said:
Quote:

Which bit of this is "dangerous" mate?-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
-----------------------
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/swag80_zps72962e87.gif~original
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 07:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

jcboy said:
Quote:

Which bit of this is "dangerous" mate?-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

Which of those do you practice? what about those that might be gay and homeless? do you house and clothe them as well?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 08:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

At least you're talking to JCBoy. You've never spoken to Jesus and you've never even read anything actually written by him. All you have are 8'th to 10'th degree translations across multiple languages that you do not speak, originally recorded by people who never met Jesus. Rumors upon rumors and translation errors upon translation errors. The chances that you know even the slightest thing about Jesus are virtually non existent.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 08:08 pm
jcboy said:
Quote:
Which of those do you practice? what about those that night be gay and homeless? do you house and clothe them as well?

There were ex-gays in the early christian churches (1 Cor 6:9-11) and gays would be welcome in any church today provided they didn't start doing it behind the pews.
And seeing as you asked, I once helped at the homeless charity Shelter but nowadays I just give homeless beggars handouts in the street. Maybe I'm mental, you tell me..Wink
jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 08:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

jcboy said:
Quote:
Which of those do you practice? what about those that night be gay and homeless? do you house and clothe them as well?

There were ex-gays in the early christian churches (1 Cor 6:9-11) and gays would be welcome in any church today provided they didn't start doing it behind the pews.
And seeing as you asked, I once helped at the homeless charity Shelter but nowadays I just give homeless beggars handouts in the street. Maybe I'm mental, you tell me..Wink

There is no such thing as an ex-gay you stupid ass, you're just another ignorant so called wanna be Christian.
Thomas

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 09:02 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:
I invite you to discuss your take on scripture. What merit does the book hold to you in your faith?

My faith is minimal: Don't hurt people, and believe things in proportion to the evidence supporting them. The Bible does not hold merit in this faith of mine, it holds merit in that it's interesting literature. The book of love, Ecclesiastes, some of the parables --- great stuff. If only the "god" character wasn't so unpleasant, if only the genealogy wasn't so tedious, if only the apostle Paul wasn't so stuck up . . . . With better editors and proof readers, this book would have had real potential.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 09:03 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:

jcboy said:
Quote:

There is no such thing as an ex-gay you stupid ass, you're just another ignorant so called wanna be Christian.

Actually, Romeo is handling himself with more dignity and grace than you, Boy. You are acting like a two year old right now.

Why not calm down a bit...and show a Christian what real charity and human compassion is all about.