Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh please go away you fool.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh please go away you fool.

Your a pal Finn, you are so boring I think I can finally fall asleep. Night night, don't let the bedbugs bite, and don't forget to go **** in your hat. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Noone speaks for me but me. In this entire discourse I have not called anyone names.
What I did do was engage among others (finn included) that Gandolfini had (IMHO) presented himself as a single character throughout his career. He was Tony Soprano in the many roles I saw him portray. he was given Emmies out the bum for his interpretation of Tony Soprano. We all stipulated to that point. However, as an artist his other roles were unstisfying to me. I especially didn't like his role as "Tiny" in the remake of All THE KING's MEN, the story loosely based on Huey Long. That entire version of the Penn Warren book was a dud. Sean Penn should have given his check back.
Tiny was a Louisiana Ward Heler and, as a former Luisianan, politics down there is grand theater and gandolfini just didn't pull it off.
That was the basis of the discussion and that's where Finn and I agreed.
I separated Gandolfini the artist from Gandolfini the "good citizen". Carravagio was a murderer, but his work as a painter is some of the best in Western civilization.
So there is my participation and my reflections on the subject.
I never knew that Jmes Gandolfini was a supporter of wounded veterans. That's really goes to his big heart.
However, as the artist , he clearly defined the troubled mafia don. That show , was Tony. It was sad, it was funny, Tony was an evil person , he was amoral, he was a true sociopath who felt no remorse for anyone from whom he took. The show was among the best TV dramas EVER.
However, saying that, James Gandolfini IMHO spent all his talent on the 6 years that the Sopranos rolled on HBO.,
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:44 pm
@farmerman,
In other words, much to the consternation of glitterbag, you didn't didn't think about his family when you made your comment about his nasal delivery.

Of course you didn't and why should you have?

It's, frankly, disappointing that your post seems to attempt to assuage the ridiculous pique of Glitterbag.

It doesn't matter, as respects his acting, one whit whether or not Gandolfi supported wounded veterans.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Youre trying to gather support for an insult that you made to the lady. I think you should know by now, that while I often engage in insults, however I don't engage in cheap tricks by claiming that someone else also agrees with me by supporting my insults.
That's childish . From all the back n forth with others You already seem to be engaging several people at once tonite. If you add me you'll just be spreading your bile a little thinly, neh?

Quote:
It's, frankly, disappointing that your post seems to attempt to assuage the ridiculous pique of Glitterbag
not to me it wasn't.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:05 am
@farmerman,
I agree with your characterization of the role of Tony Soprano. The part I thought was genius, was that you would develop a fondness for the character then he would reveal a glimpse of a true sociopath and it was chilling. When I get manipulated like that it frightens me a little. It's too much like real life. Meryl Streep is about the only actor that springs to mind as one who is definitely a completely different person in every new film. Clint Eastwood is always the same with the possible exception "play misty, for me", but I seldom miss Clint's films. We could discuss actors and the finer points all night, but I think it would be better to have such a discussion on something other than RIP threads.

Bottom line for me was that firefly started a harmless topic just marking the passing of Gandolfini. I'll include myself in this but we did muck it up a bit. And even though no one here is related to the deceased, I'm afraid our society is devolving into an "Access Hollywood" mode of communications. Finn is also correct that no one should be forced to sing the actors praises, but a rudeness crept in when the passing of a actor launched a litany of "well I didn't think he was such a big deal or a great actor" when it wasn't necessary to say anything at all.

My focus was Finn primarily because of his exaggerated expression of faux ennui. I still think Finn need to go **** in his hat. Holy Crap, just mentioning the name is making me groggy. When I have trouble sleeping I should peruse Finn's old comments, that will put me out faster than a greased sleeping pill.

Sorry for any misunderstanding farmerman.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:09 am
@farmerman,
Disappointing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:18 am
@farmerman,
Until now I didn't realize the extent to which your point of view was influenced by partisanship and ideology.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

You made a comment about Gandolfi's naal delivery and I made a comment about the breadth of his acting.

Glitterbag jumped all over me for my comment, but not you because he/she perceives you as a fellow traveller.

Now you are are going all weasally.

Gutless.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
bile...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:19 am
@Rockhead,
asswipe...
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
be careful what you wish for...

nitey nite.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sorry if I disappoint you Finnsy. Lesson learnt. Never ever attempt to claim solidarity by anyone of whom you've not first asked permission. It makes you look silly dude
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:29 am
@farmerman,
Sorry Fm, I obviously gave you much more credit than you deserved.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Tonight I shall sleep less and more fitfully with all that on my mind.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:49 am
@farmerman,
I really couldn't give a sh*t how you sleep.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:02 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think you should know by now, that while I often engage in insults, however I don't engage in cheap tricks by claiming that someone else also agrees with me by supporting my insults.
That's childish .

You do that all the time, Farmer.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
But everybody else here cares deeply about you? I'd be willing to bet no one slept well last night because our precious boo boo got his shorts tied in a knot. That's how much you mean to us. I care so deeply I will practice concocting some tortured verbiage (in tribute to your style) to attempt to impress you with my intellect much as I have admired the masters style (I talking about you bonehead, in case you are wondering). You are so clever, you recognized a liberal bond between me and my homey Farmerman. You are soooooooo deluded, I don't think I know what farmermans politics are and you damn straight don't know what mine are. You are making wild ass assumptions because I dared to remark sarcastically "oh that's so sweet, you thought of something nice to say". You thought that was being jumped on? Are you really that insecure?

You are so frigging easy, even spendius makes mince meat out of you. ((Sorry spendius, that wasn't very nice...but you can make mincemeat out of him on his best day)). So congrats, you're a hothead, good for you. Now please go **** in some bigger guys hat and see how that works for you. You are a spineless long distance wussy. Shame on you for assuming you know anything about anybody.

Please desist so the rest of us can have a tranquil day, LOL.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 01:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You are a spineless long distance wussy

Says the spineless long distance wussy who flees to 'ignore'.
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 01:26 pm
@glitterbag,
I would really like to annoy you in a pub gb.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 01:27 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
You are a spineless long distance wussy

Says the spineless long distance wussy who flees to 'ignore'.

I don't think you're a "spineless long distance wussy", you are just annoying like a humming sound from a radio. That's why you are on ignore, skippy!