Sad News: James Gandolfini "Tony Soprano" Dead at 51

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:16 am
@glitterbag,
What are you doing defiling James's thread with stories about others deaths, GB, especially these self aggrandizing ones? Shame on you!
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:18 am
@farmerman,
I agree, but the subject is far too complex for an A2K post so I just produced a miniscule caricature for those who might be interested.

The part, the vascular system, was meant to stand for the whole.
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:22 am
@spendius,
There is only a statistical probability that life will be lengthened by a particular diet.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:22 am
@JTT,
OMG. the queen of thread derailing is casting stones! Farbeit for me to defend Spenti....but what a complete hypocrite!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 12:44 pm
Quote:
John Travolta Vows to 'Care' for James Gandolfini's Family
June 20th, 2013

by Dana Taddeo

The unexpected death of James Gandolfini has been met with an outpouring of love for the actor and his family from Hollywood, including from the "Sopranos" star's good friend John Travolta.

Travolta and Gandolfini co-starred in "Get Shorty," "Lonely Hearts," and "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3," but the two New Jersey natives were connected way before they worked together.

"My father sold tires to his father," Travolta said today on Good Morning America while remembering his friend, who passed away yesterday in Rome of a reported heart attack at age 51.

Travolta went on to recall how "Jim," as he fondly referred to Galdolfini, was there for him and his family after his 16-year-old son, Jett, died after suffering a seizure in 2009.

"James went out of his way to come to Florida and he would not leave Florida until I was okay, or he felt that I would be fine," Travolta remembered. "After a week I said, 'Jim you can really, you can, you know, we'll be fine. I've got a lot of support here.'"

The "Grease" star then continued on, talking about his late friend's outstanding character.

"But the idea that in our profession someone would go out of their way and not want to leave you until he felt you were okay, that's the kind of soul that James Gandolfini was," Travolta said.

Gandolfini left behind a wife and two kids, Michael, 13, and Liliana, 8 months, whom Travolta vowed to now look after.

"My goal is to make sure that his family is okay," Travolta said. "His little boy, I watched him grow up, and his brand new little girl. We'll just make sure they're taken care of. That's the whole idea."
http://news.moviefone.com/2013/06/20/john-travolta-care-for-james-gandolfinis-family/?ncid=txtlnkusmovi00000003
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:09 pm
@firefly,
Why do we want to know all that ff? Surely it is a private business.

A large number of soldiers have left family behind.
firefly

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:12 pm
@spendius,
I found it interesting, you are free to ignore it.

Why are you even posting in this thread if you know nothing about Gandolfini or his work as an actor? And you don't seem to want to know anything about his private life as well.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:13 pm
@firefly,
thanks for sharing that. It was considerate of you.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:58 pm
@firefly,
It's all got to do with the size of yer proboscis, FF.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 02:30 pm
@firefly,
I never knew the close relationship tween Travolta and Gandolfini. Interesting. I wouldn't be annoyed, spendi will find something to deride about most anything. Its all he can do. HE has no real talents or skills
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:09 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I found it interesting, you are free to ignore it.

Why are you even posting in this thread if you know nothing about Gandolfini or his work as an actor? And you don't seem to want to know anything about his private life as well.

I'm building a picture of you ff. That you find the subject interesting is interesting. I think you find your response to the subject interesting rather than the subject itself which seems a trifle sordid from a scientific point of view.

fm's only scientific when it suits him. Like all the evolutionists I have ever come across.

You are the only A2Ker I would even think of meeting and I'm trying to find out if we would be throwing the pots at each other in 10 minutes if it was at a restaurant table.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:16 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You are the only A2Ker I would even think of meeting

That's why you've been following her around like a lost puppy, Spendi - you've got a crush on her!
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 03:30 pm
@JTT,
Is that a problem for you JT?
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 06:11 pm
@spendius,
Not at all, Spendi. It's so sweet all this courtin' & sparkin'.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 09:00 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You are the only A2Ker I would even think of meeting...

That one really surprises me.
Quote:
I'm trying to find out if we would be throwing the pots at each other in 10 minutes if it was at a restaurant table.

I don't usually have that effect on people. Laughing Nor do they usually have that effect on me, but, in your case, I might make an exception. Wink

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 09:15 pm
@firefly,
Woooooooooooooo, fireworks!!!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:04 pm
@firefly,
That's funny, you are quite the diplomat, if I wore a hat, I'd doff it. ((Hang on, do you tip a hat or doff a hat???? I'm guessing both cant happen at the same time))
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:58 pm
@glitterbag,
But she was prodded into it gb. One has to give some credit to the inspiration of the cleverness because it would not be there to admire without it.

A curtsy will do. Even a short, perfunctory one accompanied by an icy smile.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 03:04 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The pomp of funerals concerns rather the vanity of the living, than the honour of the dead.

Maxims of La Rochefoucald. (1665, No. 213) .
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 05:04 pm
@spendius,
Cripes!! Fancy an anonymous frightened little weedy in a little box somewhere nondescript who has majored in exam fiddling thumbing down Francois Duc De La Rochefoucauld, Prince de Marsillac.

0 Replies