Sad News: James Gandolfini "Tony Soprano" Dead at 51

JTT

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
before or after you took it upon yourself to wipe out my thread (question mark)

Are you trying to say I was snarkyÉ Then just say it. Don`t be such a little chickenshit. I`ve never let you chase me from any thread.

Quote:
give me your address, and I will send you a free keyboard...

Thanks ever so much but ya only have to do a RESTART, Rocky.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
where is the next one?

I am not as wealthy as you conservatives are, and I have more responsibilities than assets...

maybe you should look into a greater participation than you have given a2k previously before you decide you are ready to meet real people.

it's not all snarl and bile elsewhere here.

good people helping people.

silly stuff like that...

(I got to spend time with Bob and Diane, something I will treasure forever)
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
before or after you took it upon yourself to wipe out my thread (question mark)

You did it yourself, Rocky. There were folks there waitin`on ya, good folks. And ya done never showed up.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:44 pm
@JTT,
ok.

I didn't wanna have to pay duty anyway, eh...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:45 pm
@JTT,
well, now you know who's fault it is.

you should be proud.

you killed it...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well, if you want to pose as someone who has a personal connection with the man and his family, go for it.

It's a shame that he died so relatively young and I've no doubt that his family is bereaved, but he sought fame and he achieved it. Fame may connect a person , in a superficial way, with far more people than they could ever personally meet but it doesn't make the connection very personal.

Famous people die and they have folks galore like you who think they should honor them in some way despite the fact that they don't know them and they were, after all, merely actors, writers, atheletes etc. I think that overwhelms the comments of folks like me and farmerman who, perhaps callously, address the substance of their fame.

Obviously, I didn't make my comments about his acting (which even someone as pompus and dim as you should realize says virtually nothing about him as a person) in an e-mail to his family or even in a forum which we might expect his family to peruse.

If you find it offensive...tough ****.

But please continue to school us on decorum.

I can't believe you mention yourself and farmerman in the same sentence. First of all, meeting someone accidentally on location was just a happy accident for me. I claim no special relashionship, you maudlin idiot. It's a freaking RIP thread, and I'm not going to try learning you no decorum.....it's like fainting a turd. It won't smell any better and will still be a turd. But nice job trying to make yourself a "victim" of snooty east coast progressives or whatever it is you think about stroking your ego. Must take up a great deal of your time.

I almost forgot. Finn? You have heard of the Internet and google haven't you? Are you absolutely sure one of his kids will never google their fathers name and find this ignorant group of assholes talking about a man none of us knows, but because it was newsworthy enough to be reported, some of you drop in just to insult each other and critique his skills. I bet you clip your toenails in restaurants.

I don't really find you particularly offensive, mainly you seem clueless and you probably don't have many friends. Glad to hear you want to attend the next A2K gathering. I enjoy the luxury of doing what I want to do, being in a room listening to a preening peacock pontificate because he just found out about a thesaurus doesn't sound like an enjoyable or enriching use of time. And if you're offended, go **** in your oversized Stetson.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

where is the next one?

I am not as wealthy as you conservatives are, and I have more responsibilities than assets...

maybe you should look into a greater participation than you have given a2k previously before you decide you are ready to meet real people.

it's not all snarl and bile elsewhere here.

good people helping people.

silly stuff like that...

(I got to spend time with Bob and Diane, something I will treasure forever)

It's quite amusing to see you scramble backwards rhetorically.

I've no notion of where the next one is. I simply asked you if you intended to attend it. If you're answer is "maybe," that's OK.

What's all this BS about wealth and responsibilities? Sounds pretty dodgy.

If you're not planning on attending the next gathering, A-OK. I've not asked you to explain your personal limitations that influence your decision.

Sooner or later the next Gathering will be announced and we will re-visit the subject. I look forward to meeting you in person. As I am obviously a conservative neaderthal I may just punch you right in your snotty face upon introduction.

Please spare us the tripe about how you "treasured" your time with Bob and Diane. It has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Your pathetic attempt at portraying yourself as someone who is all about "good people helping people" is utterly undercut by the reliably snarky and inconsequential nature of your posts (in any but the Basket Weaving thread).

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Good Lord but your are a pompus idiot.

Ask farmerman.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I live outside of Wichita, KS.

you're welcome to attempt to come punch me anytime you feel froggy, old man.

your perspective is a scary one...

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:15 pm
Obviously I don't think that we members of A2K are compelled to speak nothing but good of the recently dead, and, clearly, I am not alone in this position.

If you want to post a paen to Gandolfini or, for that matter, a crticism of his acting, please do so without allowing this tangental conflict to disuade you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Let's meet at the next A2K gathering
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you want to see what I am about so badly, you come here.

I'm 6 hours away, my relatives make the drive once a year to see my grandma...

bring a friend if you're scared.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Don't be silly.

Let's meet at the next A2K gathering.

I appreciate that you have a problem witunderstanding anything but the prosaic, but I certainly didn't announce any intention to thump you.

[If you're really so bad-ass, PM me with your address. Surely you don't expect me to visit Kansas City asking for the where-abouts of snot-nosed Rockhead. Although chances are that a lot of your neighbors will recognize the description and point me in the right direction]
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
geography is not your strong suit, ok...

let's see where the next one is, because frankly, I have no travel budget nor desire to be very far away from my responsibilities at the moment. I do not expect you to understand...

I'm as bad ass as I need to be.

I'm thinking your mouth writes checks your ass can't cash...

we'll see.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm
@Rockhead,
yeah but...yeah but...

Put up or shut up.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I give you my address, and you promise to visit, or I just show you I'm stupid enough to just give you my address?

I've posted my local radar often enough, I'm comfortable enough telling you I'm outside of Bentley, KS.

if you feel the need to ask around in the fashion you've chosen, yes you will find me. but not before I know you're here.

a better way would be to arrange it like the rest of us do...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh just shut up or agree to meet at the next A2k Gathering.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Good Lord but your are a pompus idiot.

Ask farmerman.

Shuckens, you reckon you need to brush up on your grammar, ah know y'all can talk gooder than that. I would like to thank you however for pointing out that when someone is behaving badly and someone else calls them on it, it is no longer the offenders issue, the offended person is pompous. I think I understand now, if you scratch your head with a fork then try to eat off my plate, I should not be pompous and scream "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND", because that would be pompous.

And you are missing the point regarding the recent death of Galdofini, people aren't posting because they want to glorify him, personally I enjoyed his work in film and admired his commitment to profoundly injured war veterans. Mainly, it's sad he will now be performing somewhere in the afterlife, and I can't buy a ticket.

For farmerman, I'm sad to hear you think I'm a pompous idiot. I don't mind the idiot part, just don't think I'm pompous

For Finn, if I forgot to mention it, Go **** in your hat, please.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:49 pm
@glitterbag,
OMG

Try and separate the comments in this thread from your personal animosity for me.

Making a comment about the deceased's nasal tones and mediocre acting is hardly denigrating the dead.

You have proven how pompous and idiotic you are.

I can't help that fact.

PS: Ragging on typos make you look , at best, like an anal retentive dweeb, and at worst like a clown.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

OMG

Try and separate the comments in this thread from your personal animosity for me.

Making a comment about the deceased's nasal tones and mediocre acting is hardly denigrating the dead.

You have proven how pompous and idiotic you are.

I can't help that fact.

PS: Ragging on typos make you look , at best, like an anal retentive dweeb, and at worst like a clown.

Personal animosity? Have you lost your mind, you are mildly annoying, the fact I am still responding to you means I don't dislike you, I just don't care enough about your opinion to dislike you. If you had the chops to become truly grating, your ass would be on ignore. Now please go **** in your hat, you sissy pants.