Sad News: James Gandolfini "Tony Soprano" Dead at 51

Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Awesome actor. In a way, the Tony S. role did for him what the role of Archie Bunker did for Carroll O'Connor. Carol had a chance to live a bit longer so as to allow for more diverse and productive roles.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:22 am
@spendius,
Absolutely.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 12:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What diminishes New Jersey diminishes us all.
Here a little liturgical music in the spirit of the somber event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4u52__vUY
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 12:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Re: Lordyaswas
How was it that the word "anal" sprung so readily into your mind?

You really need to ask?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 12:33 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Isnt he the same spendiiu who said not a few posts before that hed never even herd of James Gandolfini until yesterday? Seem spendi wishes to have his mutterings taken many opposite directions neh?
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 12:49 pm
@farmerman,
Wasn't Spendi Ballet the group that sang this song?

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Isnt he the same spendiiu who said not a few posts before that hed never even herd of James Gandolfini until yesterday? Seem spendi wishes to have his mutterings taken many opposite directions neh?

What do you mean fm? I was in bed last night ( shortly before 1 am our time) watching Fox News when they had the story as Breaking News. I had never heard of him before that.

I'm sorry he died at such a young age. But there are a lot more people dead who I am more sorry for.
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 01:23 pm
@spendius,
http://gma.yahoo.com/james-gandolfini-dead-fans-flock-sopranos-diner-jersey-115628666--abc-news-celebrities.html?vp=1

"In 2004, "Inside the Actors Studio" host James Lipton asked Gandolfini, "What would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?"

"Take over for a while. I'll be right back," Gandolfini replied. "
contrex

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 01:32 pm
When I think of Spendius I sometimes also think of the testimony of a young jockey at the trial of Oscar Wilde, in which he said that he had been caused to "spend" in Wilde's mouth.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:22 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I had never heard of him before that.

But with that admission we are then supposed to give your opinion about The Masters v the Sopranos any credibility? or are you, as Mark Twain said, just as often able to babble nonsense as quote Shakepseare
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:25 pm
@Ragman,
Seems Little Stevie van Zndt hs lost a lot of brothers this lat year or two. He was close to Clarence in the E STreet band
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:26 pm
@contrex,
EEEEEW.
But I shall use that
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:28 pm
@farmerman,
Why in the world would you give any of Spendius' posts any credibility? They're there for sheer amusement, I'd always thought, no other use to them at all.
contrex

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

EEEEEW.
But I shall use that

His posts are like a jet of jissom in your mouth... (I once saw a reader's letter in a British stroke book called Fiesta, supposedly written by a woman, where "she" eagerly anticipated having a "lovely spunk drink".)
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:40 pm
@contrex,
I named my parakeet Onan, because he spills his seed on the ground.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have a lawn mower engine named Onan, cause its always jerkin off when I need it to run.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 02:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Im not as smart as most others, I still (relatively infrequently now) try to have a conversation with him cause he is borderline intelligent but not funny enough to be a physicist.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 03:03 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks for your trouble Raggie but "This video is currently not available" is all I could get.

Which might be a blessing because I never know what might kick me off when I see such things. It is why I could never write a book. I could start one, which is easy, and after a few pages something attracts my attention, provides me with an epiphany, and I'm thinking up names for characters for a book about that. And it's happening all the time.

That video might have got me thinking about a book about TV news reporting crews. The hotshot camera man for example. Eric Brighteyes one to mull over.
A small circle as Jane Austen advised. Overlapping with similar small circles from rival "feechewer" units.

Fanny Waterstone for the new starting clapper clapper and Mrs P. Jolly in the hamper van which follows these clusters of vampires around with supplies of the better sort. Henry Higgins for the driver of the Portaloo truck which each rival firm pays a share of after negotiations with Henry who had been charging at the door when the gig was near a pub but settled for job security in the end. Most gigs being near pubs. Such a book deriving its principle interest from the periods when nothing much is happening but also, of course, some interest in periods when something is. Set pieces. No sex. The sex comes in when periods when nothing is happening rear their ugly heads.

Then the Queen's horse wins the Ascot Gold Cup. A first ever. The Ascot Gold Cup is on the mantlepiece tonight in Buck. Pal. Right in the middle I should think. A joyous nation celebrates because anything that gives our dear Queen genuine pleasure gives most of us pleasure.

Things like Sopranos are turned out like corned beef is turned out.

"Meanwhile life goes on all around you."

I gather Mrs Gandolfini has remarked that he wasn't always easy to live with.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 03:07 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I haven't either - that is ever saw the sopranos. But I have seen so much about the show that I almost feel I know his character. Odd how you can never see a show, but be able to know what the character was like.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 03:08 pm
@contrex,
That's a very odd thing to think of con.

Help yourself--I don't mind you using me to inspire such thoughts.
0 Replies