spendius

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 10:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Ghostbusters has a better story.

Explain to us ci. how a working arrangement of sexual dynamics suitable for economic and military hegemony might be derived from Ghostbusters, Spaghetti Monsters, Little Green Fairies or evolution theory.

Perhaps our resident historian will give it a try. Give it a go Set. We all look to you to clarify such matters.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
He has failed miserably; human history is rife about tribal wars that killed millions. Your list of attributes is an ideal that doesn't exist in reality for the majority. That's the reason we hear daily about suicide bombers, wars, murders, rape, robbery, and all manners of other crimes. Open your eyes; it's all there for everybody to see!

It's in the 'nature' of humans. We are supposed to be a 'christian country,' but we ignore domestic and international laws when we go into sovereign countries to kill tens of thousands of innocent people - with the support of our government and people.
That also has been explained. The Creator has allowed control of this world to the entity who spoke as the serpent in Genesis Chapter 3. The Bible says so many times. But since you claim not to believe the Bible, you take only the observations that satisfy your point.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 11:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You are, apparently, unable to discuss the titular topic without begging the question.
I take the bible as axiom.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 12:46 pm
@neologist,
You,
Quote:
I take the bible as axiom.

No, you couldn't. That's because of all the errors, omissions, and contradictions in the bible. You have divorced your common sense for a two thousand year old book created by many men who didn't understand what science would reveal thousands of years after their fictional stories were put into print.

Start here, http://www.coppit.org/god/contradictions.php
spendius

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 01:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's because of all the errors, omissions, and contradictions in the bible.

What makes you think they are not figments of your own imagination eagerly adopted out of a superficial knowledge of the Bible and for your own convenience?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 01:52 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said:..the errors, omissions, and contradictions in the bible.

Wait a minute mate, atheists are always saying the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to remove the contradictions to make it look good, then in their next breath they say it's full of contradictions!
Wish they'd make up their minds..Wink
Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:04 pm
@neologist,
Right . . . that's what i said, you are incapable of not begging the question.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Cicerone said:..the errors, omissions, and contradictions in the bible.

Wait a minute mate, atheists are always saying the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to remove the contradictions to make it look good, then in their next breath they say it's full of contradictions!
Wish they'd make up their minds..Wink

Have atheists really said that the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to remove the contradictions?

I've never heard an atheist make such a statement?

Just wondering, because it wouldn't make any sense. The Bible is absolutely FULL of contradictions.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm not the one who said
Quote:
the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to remove the contradictions.
You're confused. Show me where I stated such a thing? YOU CAN'T. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:20 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: atheists are always saying the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to remove the contradictions.
Cicerone said: You're confused. Show me where I stated such a thing? YOU CAN'T.

I never said you said it mate, I said ATHEISTS are always saying it..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Then why are you using that statement to deny my opinion? I can't answer for all atheists, or don't you know that?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:35 pm
What if life is not an accident but there are an infinite number of worlds with humans on them?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:38 pm
@RexRed,
Maybe not 'humans,' but some life form with some 'intelligence.'
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:42 pm
@RexRed,
What if winged unicorns fly out of my ass tonight?
RexRed

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:45 pm
@Setanta,
Ouch.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/263/c/1/Winged_Unicorn_by_FlyingPony.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:52 pm
Quote:
Cicerone said to Romeo: Then why are you using that statement to deny my opinion? I can't answer for all atheists, or don't you know that?

Sorry mate I don't follow. You're an atheist right?
Atheists say the Bible has been edited and tidied up over the centuries to make it look good, yet in their next breath they say it's still full of contradictions and I'm wondering when they're going to make up their minds one way or the other..Smile
RexRed

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:53 pm
It would make sense we are made up of things from the big bang but also from things before the big bang.
Time did not begin with the big bang only that within the big bang.

What is the fountain?
energy, light, words?

ciphers?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You still don't get it? I can't be responsible for what other people say about the bible. You can't apply what other people say, and apply that to me just because I'm an atheist. I'm an individual with my own ideas, and I can't be responsible for what anyone else says.

How dense are you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:58 pm
@RexRed,
You're absolutely wrong--time did begin with the so-called big bang. Are you suggesting that you get to define terms as it suits you?
spendius

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:03 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
What if winged unicorns fly out of my ass tonight?

I imagine Beth would laugh.
0 Replies