neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
you suggesting there are Christians who embrace the god of the Old Testament?

Egad!
Same God, Frank.
A good reason to inquire further before discarding the message
It's why I'm here
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:52 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
you suggesting there are Christians who embrace the god of the Old Testament?

Egad!
Same God, Frank.
A good reason to inquire further before discarding the message
It's why I'm here

Okay...so you are not distancing yourself from that god.

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

You think this is appropriate then?

neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You have failed to take note of who brought slavery into a formerly perfect world.

Not that it hasn't been pointed out to you often enough
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 02:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What a scapegoat this God is turning out to be for our pet atheists. I don't know what they would do without Him. If He didn't exist they would need to invent Him in order to have an object to repetitively yap at.

Nietzsche saw God off more than a century ago. Materialism and greed are all it takes. No help needed from well-tamed buffoons. All they provide are implications of indecent exposure: using "indecent" in the Christian sense. A sort of boasting confession but presented in the nicest possible way. No "priests are the scum of the earth" sort of thing. Rose to the top, congealed in a sticky glop, dried out in the sun to the point of a requiring a jack-hammer powered by a 200 hp engine to break through in order to reach the scented masses grabbing for the sun-block cream.

You're on your own without God chaps. The future will be all down to you. There will be no scapegoat then. Even the horrors of the Bible, and other histories, will have to be explained as a result of the follies of folks just like us biologically. Less cultured though. As we would still be if somebody didn't get some sort of a grip on rumpy-pumpy. Tiberius showing off in his swimming pool with some little kids of both sexes accompanying him underwater tickling his dick as he swam ( R&R. On Capri I think.) had to be addressed somehow. Why it took so long is a result of conservative thinking being difficult to negate without tearing down the bastions in one swift and decisive move.

It all has to go otherwise it lurks in corners ready to pounce if you atheists **** up. Whether an atheist **** up will be more humane than a Christian **** up (The French aristocracy, the underestimation of the Americas)) is a matter for speculation.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 02:23 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You have failed to take note of who brought slavery into a formerly perfect world.

Not that it hasn't been pointed out to you often enough

Your god, Neo...the one you claim you are not distancing yourself from...supposedly said that it is perfectly fine with him for people to own and trade in slaves...and to keep the slaves as chattels...pass them on to their heirs.

Deal with that, because who "brought slavery into a formerly perfect world" is a dodge.

Once again, I feel a need to mention that you are one of my favorite posters here in A2K...and I am not attacking you in anger. I disagree with your position...and I would love to see you change it, just as I am sure you would love to see change in me.
RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 02:39 pm
Can one fly to God?

I am not sure.

It seems God is one sided, God only exists in those who believe,

The real God does not show.
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:07 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

Some would say His opposite does Rex. Flesh is animal without spirit. Satan's morals are like those of a billy-goat.
RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:14 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

Some would say His opposite does Rex. Flesh is animal without spirit. Satan's morals are like those of a billy-goat.

Leprechauns and four-leaf clovers...

Wishing wells...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:20 pm
Does your body hurt right now?

My body always hurts.
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:24 pm
@RexRed,
Not right now because I'm not doing anything that requires any effort.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:25 pm
I had a doctor stitch my diaphragm muscle twice. Every breath is a gift. Two stitches. My life was saved by my doctor. He called me the night before the operation, I said go in and look around fix it. He fixed it.
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:28 pm
@RexRed,
You're straining too much Rex. Better try not to sneeze.
RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:34 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You're straining too much Rex. Better try not to sneeze.

It is kinda like that.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:35 pm
the middle of my back hurts like fire
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 03:39 pm
I plug it in it gets hot.
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 04:48 pm
@RexRed,
If it gets too hot unplug it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 05:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Your god, Neo...the one you claim you are not distancing yourself from...supposedly said that it is perfectly fine with him for people to own and trade in slaves...and to keep the slaves as chattels...pass them on to their heirs.

Deal with that, because who "brought slavery into a formerly perfect world" is a dodge.

Once again, I feel a need to mention that you are one of my favorite posters here in A2K...and I am not attacking you in anger. I disagree with your position...and I would love to see you change it, just as I am sure you would love to see change in me.
I think highly of you, also, Frank. Your avatar reminds me of my oldest brother.

Also, you somehow managed to continue living in New Jersey (gasp).

But the entire human race was sold into slavery, in many forms including slavery to death, in Genesis chapter 3. You may free yourself from further consideration by claiming this was a sting; but the end result is we all inherit death as a result of Adam and Eve's rebellion.

It is entirely logical for one to now ask "Why didn't God just unsell the human race , since he has the power? Why didn't he just zap the rebels and start over? Read the chapter over again. Read chapters 1 and 2 of Job and try to get an idea of what other issues there are other than the seemingly inconsequential fruit.

The entire world is and has been in Satan's control since that time; so it is no surprise that slavery is a part of it. Jehovah regulated it in the case of the Jews. Not so for other nations.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 12:19 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: "Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

You think this is appropriate then?

Are you a fire-and-brimstone fundy preacher mate? They're the only ones who stick with harsh Old T quotes like that!
(Anyway ancient godless heathen tribes thoroughly deserved a good zapping)

God later gave us the NEW Testament, (the clue is in the name) and people quickly cottoned on..Smile
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
"..law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers.." (1 Tim 1:9)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 12:33 am
Quote:
RexRed said: Can one fly to God?
I am not sure.
It seems God is one sided, God only exists in those who believe,

God said "I fill heaven and earth" (Jer 23:23/4),
so we could say he IS the universe, and he fills it like the water in a goldfish bowl in which we're swimming around-
"For in him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28)

When our body dies, our soul "flies" and is absorbed back into God which is where we came from in the first place..Smile
Jesus said- "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

RexRed

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 12:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10305428_659186294154411_8774371344969974378_n.jpg