RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 07:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Ahh I see, you prefer a firm-wristed jealous tyrant God who sucks the poor dry without the slightest bit of remorse... (cynical)
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 08:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: The god Jesus worshiped is far from being worthy of worship...which is probably the reason Christians try to distance themnselves from it.

Personally I like God because he's not some limp-wristed politically-correct lefty social worker.
And the last time I looked, Christians certainly weren't trying to distance themselves from God, but atheists and agnostics certainly were; they can run but can't hide..Wink

You run from the god of the Bible, Romeo. You look for reasons to say the edicts of that god no longer apply. Mostly because the edicts and "commands" of that god make Hannibal Lecter seem reasonable and pacific.

Christians do everything they can to distance themselves from the god of the Bible...the god Jesus worshiped.

Good luck with that.
Wink
spendius

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
So what if they do? What difference does it make anyway? It has nothing to do with the existence or not of any God or gods.

Married men, and those imitating them, distance themselves from Shaw's words in Jack Tanner's speech in Act 1V of Man and Superman.

Quote:
Marriage is to me apostasy, profanation of the sanctuary of my soul, violation of my manhood, sale of my birthright, shameful surrender, ignominious capitulation, acceptance of defeat. I shall decay like a thing that has served its purpose and is done with; I shall change from a man with a future to a man with a past; I shall see in the greasy eyes of all the other husbands their relief at the arrival of a new prisoner to share their ignominy. The young men will scorn me as one who has sold out: to the young women I, who have always been an enigma and a possibility, shall be merely somebody else's property—and damaged goods at that: a secondhand man at best.

Apisa readily accuses others of cowardice and hypocrisy and yet he has studiously avoided reading this play, or possibly his betters have arranged it so that he needn't know he has done so in case it gives him the jitters.

And it is easily read in the time it takes to play 18 holes of golf off the ladies' tees in about 110 strokes every one of which is scientific evidence that he has no idea how to play the game and is only using it in order to avoid sterner tests of manhood.

Wor an abject wuss. Such creatures are easily identified by the continuous dripping of insistent assertions to the opposite effect which so readily trip off their honeyed tongues. Often shouted.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:07 am
@RexRed,
No need to add the parenthetical cynical, Rex. We understand . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Christians do everything they can to distance themselves from the god of the Bible...the god Jesus worshiped.

Good luck with that.
Nominal christians, perhaps. Because they are unable to focus on the big picture.

HMM! That goes for the huge majority of unbelievers, They really can't understand the implications of Genesis ch 3.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:17 am
Quote:
RexRed said:@RF- Ahh I see, you prefer a firm-wristed jealous tyrant God who sucks the poor dry without the slightest bit of remorse... (cynical)

God gave humans simple commonsense, so it's not his fault if people don't use it and bring misfortune on themselves by their stupidity and mismanagement..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:26 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You run from the god of the Bible, Romeo. You look for reasons to say the edicts of that god no longer apply. Mostly because the edicts and "commands" of that god make Hannibal Lecter seem reasonable and pacific.

God had to slap ancient heathens around, just like you were prepared to nuke russki cities in your Air Force days..Smile
Then when people became a bit more civilised, he sent Jesus to trash the Old T's harshness!
He's my kind of tough no-nonsense God but if people want to go and find a fairy queen "god" instead, it's none of my business..Smile
RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And then God gave them firm wrists and heartlessness and said I will use these to discriminate. err (cynical)
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You wrote,
Quote:
God gave humans simple commonsense,....

First of all, I must ROTFLMAO. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Drunk Drunk Drunk

It proves you have no concept of common sense or about human psychology.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:59 am
@RexRed,
God gave them tongues of fire to be cold and indignant to the poor.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:16 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Good luck with that.
Nominal christians, perhaps. Because they are unable to focus on the big picture.

HMM! That goes for the huge majority of unbelievers, They really can't understand the implications of Genesis ch 3.

Are you suggesting there are Christians who embrace the god of the Old Testament?

Egad!
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You run from the god of the Bible, Romeo. You look for reasons to say the edicts of that god no longer apply. Mostly because the edicts and "commands" of that god make Hannibal Lecter seem reasonable and pacific.

God had to slap ancient heathens around, just like you were prepared to nuke russki cities in your Air Force days..Smile
Then when people became a bit more civilised, he sent Jesus to trash the Old T's harshness!

Yeah...the days of ancient Rome were "more civilized!"

C'mon, Romeo...even someone like you can see through that nonsense.

Quote:

He's my kind of tough no-nonsense God but if people want to go and find a fairy queen "god" instead, it's none of my business..Smile

We donn need no stickin' god!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:40 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: God had to slap ancient heathens around, just like you were prepared to nuke russki cities in your Air Force days..
Frank Apisa said: Yeah...the days of ancient Rome were "more civilized!"

Roman governor Pilate found Jesus not guilty-
"I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty" (Luke 23:22)

And there was even an early Christian enclave in Rome itself -
"To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people,
grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:7)

And of course 300 years later Roman Emperor Constantine became a Christian and made Christianity the state religion, so all in all the Romans were pretty civilised for the time. Maybe atheists and agnostics will follow Rome's example one day and become civilised too..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: God had to slap ancient heathens around, just like you were prepared to nuke russki cities in your Air Force days..
Frank Apisa said: Yeah...the days of ancient Rome were "more civilized!"

Roman governor Pilate found Jesus not guilty-
"I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty" (Luke 23:22)

And there was even an early Christian enclave in Rome itself -
"To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people,
grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:7)

And of course 300 years later Roman Emperor Constantine became a Christian and made Christianity the state religion, so all in all the Romans were pretty civilised for the time. Maybe atheists and agnostics will follow Rome's example one day and become civilised too..Wink

Run away from the boogy man god of the Old Testament, Romeo. No one will thing the lesser of you. All Christians (except for the ones Neo knows) run from that god too.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:48 pm
RexRed Pluto
http://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/20801301-pluto
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:49 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Run away from the boogy man god of the Old Testament, Romeo. No one will thing the lesser of you. All Christians (except for the ones Neo knows) run from that god too.

Every Christian I know can't wait to meet him!
Remember, Christians die laughing..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/man_grin2_zpsc05015ab.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Run away from the boogy man god of the Old Testament, Romeo. No one will thing the lesser of you. All Christians (except for the ones Neo knows) run from that god too.

Every Christian I know can't wait to meet him!
Remember, Christians die laughing..Smile

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfVVaNikNyfzz3Vbf9uaiWrqSUiIZ0Lk_-MKeTuaOcVvmJVHuD

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWMWMwZjhJrazcg2zGLOsBlDto8tFS1S59CaihL2dqzWFASySO

So many Christians. So few lions!

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:01 pm
The pride leader prefers easy meat like atheists and agnostics..Wink
"The devil prowls round like a roaring lion" (1 Peter 5:8 )
Herald

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The primary definition of adore is to"Hold in highest esteem, love, or honor".

So you adore the non-existence of God (for that is exactly what atheism means). Why did you hop off from the other thread, BTW.

farmerman wrote:
You have no idea about what either Mr Apisa and I are capable of adoring.

I can imagine - petrol wells, gas deposits, shares at the stock exchange, crypto-currencies ... and in the general case money & power ... things like that I suppose.

farmerman wrote:
... to a supernatural creature, the entire existence of whom is without any evidence .

The things 'just happening' (due to the laws of physics and chemistry only) is also without any evidence ... that life is just happening on chemistry on autopilot.
Nowhere you have proven that life is only chemistry of biopolimers and nothing else.
Not to say that you even don't know whether the laws of physics and chemistry are one and the same in the various parts of the universe.
Suppose the chemical elements on the other side of the universe have some different elementary particles ... and why not even different in number. Can you claim that the laws of physics and chemistry will be the same ... as we know them?

farmerman wrote:
... there appears that much evidence exists which counters such a being's being.

Fine, and where does your own intelligence come from (upon birth) and where does it go after death ... if much evidence exists which counters the existence of ID? You are not going to deny the existence of our own ID, I suppose ... but it isn't sure.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:45 pm
@RexRed,
There you go again
We understand
0 Replies