neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:20 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
And how many were crucified with Jesus two or four? Gr. "duo lesti" "duo kacorgi"
Does it make a difference? I'll go with two.
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:26 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
And how many were crucified with Jesus two or four? Gr. "duo lesti" "duo kacorgi"
Does it make a difference? I'll go with two.
So to you, things a that are similar are automatically identical? Broad brush...

What difference doesn't it make?
neologist

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:42 am
@RexRed,
Explain your point, Rex. I had never considered it before and have concentrated only on the ransom sacrifice.
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:27 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I think i would rather have a mother God, as long as she stays out of the kitchen... Smile

I would like to clarify this remark so it does not seem sexist... I think even a "he" God should stay out of the kitchen too...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:46 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Explain your point, Rex. I had never considered it before and have concentrated only on the ransom sacrifice.

Neo i do love you (maybe it is the gay coming out in me) because you are such an inquisitive scholar.

Harmonies of the gospels have had to major problems.. First they have tried to splay gospel events over the course of thee years rather than one. Secondly they have fallen prey to the precept that "things similar are identical".

So if it seemed like Jesus went to the waters edge thrice and asked Peter to follow him the scholars would combined those three events into one event.

Also, did Peter deny Jesus three or six times?
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 08:59 am
@RexRed,
Corrections to the last post, two instead of to and three instead of thee.

The opposite of "things similar are identical" is a concept called "scripture buildup".

This allows the minute differences in passages stand on their own rather than being perceived as errors by the theologians.

If things are indeed identical they are but if there is a slight discrepancy then the incidents are different places and/or time.
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 09:31 am
I have a deck of Zen cards and today's random Zen card was "forgiveness".

On the back of the card it says:

FORGIVE

Yourself and everyone around you. When you judge others. YOU are the one who feels pain. Through forgiveness. All pain disappears.

Comment: Not sure if i am there yet but willing to try.

It seems much easier to pursue new experiences than correct broken ones...

My random tarot card is nine pentacles Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:14 am
The Ibis in myth, science and palaeontology
http://historyofgeology.fieldofscience.com/2011/01/ibis-in-myth-science-and-palaeontology.html

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Thoth.svg/220px-Thoth.svg.png
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:15 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
an interesting one, Dalehileman....
Thanks Mit: Wish I could interest others
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I do not believe in gods

Doesn't it depend, MIT, on how one defines the term

It's pretty obvious that there are big gaps in our understanding of the Big Bang and everything thereafter and so one has to concede there's more to the Entire Megillah than the mere meaningless bouncing of particles and objects off one another. Let's suppose whatever this is, it's part of the natural course of events and subject to all the laws and limitations applying to matter and radiation

That is to say, it's not supernatural, if by that word you mean something that doesn't abide by physical laws, something physicists might label as impossible

Suppose eventually, however it turns out, it proves a largely abstract entity. Now you have to give it a name. What, "God"

It's purely up to you, MIT

Your post is an interesting one, Dalehileman....something to think about.
Will particles interact millions of years from now with the universe expanding? What will the purpose of life be then, "isolation"?

Does life have meaning?
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:25 pm
I picked a new card, 8 of cups.

Reincarnation he came back as himself again... PS
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:36 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Does life have meaning?

It may only have meaning to us but regardless we are here and need to celebrate every moment of it if we are able. Just my opinion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:37 pm
10 swords, like Poe, A shut your mouth moment... shall i shuffle the deck again? So be it.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:46 pm
been shuffled 2, 3 and 4 times and now i choose.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:48 pm
Ace penticles
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:52 pm
Gotta pick a new Zen card...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:52 pm
Gonna shuffle them
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 01:08 pm
Happiness... HAPPINESS

Comes from within, If you CHOOSE to be happy, no one and no thing can ever take that happiness from you.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 01:14 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Happiness... HAPPINESS

Comes from within, If you CHOOSE to be happy, no one and no thing can ever take that happiness from you.

Certain laws can sure have an influence on the state of happiness one has.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 01:14 pm
my magnum opus
Nexus
http://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/17555082-nexus