neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 11:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
spendius wrote:
There must be something in it for the JWs mate.
What do you think it might be?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Vanity, pomposity and ego mate..
That must be it. Laughing Laughing
anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
@neologist,
Anyone can defend anyone and not be of that religion.

Or is everyone aware of the fact.

That in a way [is] fun. Where one spreads ((rushes to spread)) their love for one another. Spreading your love is a way ((to me)) of equality. showing equality ((the act of equality)) is present. Equality reminds me of law.

I believe in love and law.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
are you a little girly hiding under the bed?

NO U

now we have that apparently very important exchange out of the way, are you going to address my points, or are you done here?
anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 01:59 pm
@Calamity Dal,
I don't think Romeo Fabulini is a serious individual Calamity Dal.

I can only hope you are not putting your feelings into exchanging words with Romeo Fabulini. If I knew you were it would hurt me for you doing so because you trying to hold an argument, conversation with him is you putting your feelings out there for nothing. because of him not being a serious individual.

Your effort would be nothing. If truly you were putting your feelings into it.

You, usually anyone holding conversation with Romeo Fabulini is like talking to a wall. Now get angry at the wall. Hit the wall. Try to make the wall understand you want it to move. Yeah. There's nothing.
Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 02:37 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
cheers Anon, You're probably right.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:32 am
Quote:
Spendius said: If you strolled into a new pub and announced to the company--"The names Mick, age 60+, I've got a normal healthy interest in Christianity, philosophy, metaphysics, ancient scripture etc" ---the company would piss their pants laughing.

We holy men don't do "strolled into pub" mate..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:45 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: If you have any problems with what I have said, be man enough to quote exactly what I've said...and tell me where I am wrong.

I've got no problems with anything you said mate, I'm just a little puzzled as to why you leapt to the JW's defence earlier in this sublime thread when you said:
"I'd make that same bet that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a lot closer to the teachings of Jesus than the much of the stuff Romeo spouts"

Which seems a trifle pythonesque considering the JW's are vehemently anti-war, whereas your stock in trade as a younger Air Force B-47 man was the handling of Weapons of Mass Destruction!
I just LURV the SAC "fistful of lightning bolts" badge on this B-47; the godless commies better not mess with you and your mates, no sirree..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/B-47_nose_zps5e3e0f3e.jpg~original

Wiki: B-47 armament-
2 × Mk15 nuclear bombs (3.8 megaton yield each), or
1 × B41 nuclear bomb (25 megaton yield), or
1 × B53 nuclear bomb (9 megaton yield), or
28 × 500 lb (227 kg) conventional bombs

PS- as a matter of interest were you a pilot, navigator, bomb aimer or what?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:02 am
Quote:
Calamity said: I have 12 bibles, including one of theirs, yet they would use whichever one I pulled down off the shelf. How did you choose the translation you use?...You do make me laugh Mick..

Oo goody you've got a sense of humour! Laugh at this..Smile

Jehovah's Witness mother dies after refusing blood transfusion after giving birth to twins
Emma Gough, 22, was able to hold her son and daughter after the natural delivery, but suffered a sudden haemorrhage and lost a great deal of blood.
As a Jehovah's Witness, Mrs Gough had signed a form before the birth insisting that she should not be given blood.
Staff at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital begged her husband Anthony, 24, who is also a Jehovah's Witness, and other relatives to allow the transfusion. But followers believe that blood transfusions are prohibited by the Bible and the family would not sanction the treatment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491791/Jehovahs-Witness-mother-dies-refusing-blood-transfusion-giving-birth-twins.html

PS- regarding Bible translations, I like the good old AKJ (Authorized King James) because it's fearless and not the least bit politically correct..Smile
I also use the modern language version (the New King James), and I also glance at other versions from time to time such as the New International Version.
But I'd only use the JW's version's pages to line the budgies cage or soak up kitchen spills..Wink
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:29 am
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- I find it difficult to understand how, if you disparage nearly all others who claim to be christian, you can then boast about how christianity is the largest of the world's religions.
...Then you aver that christians make better neighbors, employees, etc.
To which christians are you referring, Romey? The church of mick?

Romeo Fabulini wrote: [JW's think] the rest of us will be stuck on earth.
Neologist asked: What is it about this glorious creation that you find lacking, Romey?

1- Many big religions are split into sub-divisions, for example sunni and shi'ite muslims hate each others guts, and Christianity too has many sub-divisions and sects, each of which is convinced that THEIR group is the only true one, so all we can do is hitch our horses to whichever wagon seems the best and hope we've made the right choice. As a Free Christian I hitch to no wagon but my own, and will take my chances that I'll be able to squeeze through the gate-
Jesus said - "Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matt 7:13)

2- Jesus spoke of a purely spiritual non-material realm called Paradise (below), but if JW's prefer to stay on earth it's none of my business, personally i'd be bored..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/heaven-art_zpsa94c1776.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I have stated before, I dont agree with everything they teach, including their stance on blood, but I do accept that they have an argument for why they do what they do. Would you do something you believed to disgust your god in order to save your life? they view blood as holy and are not without decent scriptural reasoning, even if I think they are wrong I have a huge respect that they will observe what they believe to be scriptural commands even to death.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

On the other hand I have a problem with anyone who calls themselves a christian that sends their kids to die at war as well, which you support. both sides in every war think they are right and both sides believe they have your god on their side.
JWs however refuse national service even if it means imprisonment or death. Which act would your jesus take up?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
2- Jesus spoke of a purely spiritual non-material realm called Paradise (below)

The light blue is for the parts that are your own assertions. Could you provide a scriptural foundation for paradise being a non earthly realm?

Neo, could you provide a scriptural foundation for Paradise being on Earth?
anonymously99stwin

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:50 am
@Smileyrius,
Paradise on earth.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: If you have any problems with what I have said, be man enough to quote exactly what I've said...and tell me where I am wrong.

I've got no problems with anything you said mate, I'm just a little puzzled as to why you leapt to the JW's defence earlier in this sublime thread when you said:
"I'd make that same bet that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a lot closer to the teachings of Jesus than the much of the stuff Romeo spouts"

Which seems a trifle pythonesque considering the JW's are vehemently anti-war, whereas your stock in trade as a younger Air Force B-47 man was the handling of Weapons of Mass Destruction!

The fact that I was an airman in SAC has nothing whatever to do with the comment I made that the Jehovah's Witnesses I've met here and in non-cyber life exhibit a lot more of what Jesus is reported to have asked of humans...

...than you are doing, Romeo.

As for any inconsistencies you see between my younger days and now, I would paraphrase Paul:

When I was young I spoke as a youth; I understood as a youth; I thought as a youth. But when I got older, I put away many things of my youth and started living my life as an adult.

Some of your stuff is funny and entertaining, Romeo...but some of it sucks. Your diatribes against the Jehovah's Witnesses, in my opinion, sucks...so I'm mentioning it.

anonymously99stwin

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:15 am
@anonymously99stwin,
What Id give to be there my friend
anonymously99stwin

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:29 am
@Smileyrius,
Are you trying to be funny?, in a sarcastic way.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:44 am
@anonymously99stwin,
not intentionally, rather I was remarking at how lovely Bora Bora looks.
anonymously99stwin

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:51 am
@Smileyrius,
Had to re read.

My apologies.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:58 am
@anonymously99stwin,
do not you worry my friend Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 08:27 am
Quote:
Calamity said: I have a problem with anyone who calls themselves a christian that sends their kids to die at war as well, which you support..

Like I've said before, I'm against the Afghan war and am against all other overseas wars that are none of our business..Smile
However, Hitler bombed my mum (she survived without a scratch) so i'm glad we did D-day to stop him.
Same with Pearl Harbor, the Japs started it and had to be dealt with.
So i support going to war IF the cause is right and proper in my opinion..Smile
0 Replies