RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The physicists used the word "communicate" in regards to atoms, isn't that what one does with a language? Atoms can communicate with each other.

How do they do that? With electric pulses? Our brains are made of atoms and our brains use these very same electric pulses to store and retrieve memories and words.

Bacteria communicate too...

Our brains are carbon based and computers are silicon based not much difference there. One brain computes with carbon the other silicon and both are based upon languages and words.

The physical world is a perfect substrate for memory and languages.

Both types of "computers" are elements and we are made of star stuff.

You seem to think humans are somehow totally separate from the world around us. That humans are the only ones with language and that language was developed in a vacuum.

A canine's nose is a million times more sensitive than a human's nose.

Also how do you know that we are the only planet with language?

You are making finite assumptions which is similar to religion, not science.

200 thousand year old metropolis found in Africa

ANCIENT HUMAN METROPOLIS FOUND IN AFRICA
http://www.nativevillage.org/Editorials/Ancient%20Human%20Metropolis%20Found%20in%20Africa/p1%20ancient_human_metropolis_found_i.htm

"When Johan first introduced me to the ancient stone ruins of southern Africa, I had no idea of the incredible discoveries we would make in the year or two that followed. The photographs, artifacts and evidence we have accumulated points unquestionably to a lost and never-before-seen civilization that predates all others -- not by just a few hundred years, or a few thousand years... but many thousands of years. These discoveries are so staggering that they will not be easily digested by the mainstream historical and archaeological fraternity, as we have already experienced. It will require a complete paradigm shift in how we view our human history. " -- Tellinger

Comment: How many undiscovered metropolises are there? How do you know these people did not have a written language? 200 "thousand" years is a long time for writing to survive. Even our writing today would not survive that long. Books rarely even survive 100 years. And maybe it was only spoken but still a language none the less. How do you know their language was not more pure and "divine" and ours?

Even dinosaurs could "communicate" and today's birds are yesterday dinosaurs and bird communication is collectively the most complex and vast array of utterances.

The Bible talks about the confusion of tongues and that there was once a "pure language" that was given by God and corrupted over time...

How can you really dispute that one way or another other than pure doubt and "speculation" on your part without any science to back you up. In this case your doubt may be a religion in itself...

DNA is a written language...
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:48 pm
DNA rivals all books and stories ever written by humans, it is the book of life...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
@RexRed,
You seem to not understand the term "human written language."

Give this link a try; you might learn something about the subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistics

spendius

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 02:23 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
DNA rivals all books and stories ever written by humans, it is the book of life...

"was that nice darling?"

"I'll send a blood sample to my physician and he will let you know by return of post."

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 09:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your article starts out with "the earliest KNOWN language"

And from this you assess that if they are "unknown languages" then they never existed. Because science cannot answer the question therefore it does not exist. Like when mommy walks into another room and the baby cries because they think mommy is GONE...

Again, this belief of yours is a religion in itself. Because science has no answer you draw unscientific conclusions that it must not exist. DNA is a language written in cellular nucleic acid just as the zodiac is a story/language written in the stars and was observed and passed down perhaps long before paper was invented.

I am not so narrow in scope that I am trying to make the point that human language is the end all of "civilization" and you are trying squeeze all language into a small box of your own religious hate...

DNA is a human language whether if you refuse to notice that or not and we also share this DNA "language" with all animals.

A cheetah can run 60 mph due to DNA language...

A giraffe stands 500 – 600 cm tall due to DNA language.

So you can have your myopic arrogant view of human language and I will keep my vast view of the language of all nature.

The language of love
The language of the divine in us
The language of biology, the physical world and the language of life.

These languages long predate human language and will probably long outlast us. I am not drawing the conclusion that these languages of life have a divine source, neither am I blindly and absolutely ruling that possibility out with a form of totalitarian atheism...

Kind of makes the often foul and decadent language of humans seem small, meaningless and inconsequential in the scope of things.

Does God exist? Well because science cannot measure and quantify God then the answer is no... (cynical)

Cover your eyes and I can still see you...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 09:47 pm
@RexRed,
I'm talking about "earliest human written language." Can't you absorb the meaning of this simple statement?
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know what you are talking about for the fourth time.... and that is not the scope of this discussion.

Can you absorb that?

This is a discussion (like it or not) about Does GOD Exist, not what is the earliest form of KNOWN human language...

It is the premise that God or the powers that be certainly created other languages and God was not necessarily created by human language. The idea that had human languages not evolved languages would still exist.

That these languages facilitated human language and not the other way around. That had humans not evolved, DNA would still exist as it most certainly did. Does this prove there is a God? Certainly not.

The fact that KNOWN human language is only a few thousand years old does not disprove God also.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:36 pm
@RexRed,
That was part of my answer about "does god exist?" I talked about the evolutionary changes of the earth's geography and the biology on it, and gave some examples of why all are evolved and not "created by any god."
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Evolution to us may be creation to God.

The Bible says God "formed man from the dust of the ground" what is wrong with that statement? Forming something is not the same as creating something, creation is instant where forming is gradual over time. Ice forms it is not created every time.

The Bible does not say God "created" man from the dust of the ground.

It is true to evolution which says we changed "forms" over time.

The Bible also say God created humans.

The image of God is "spirit" and this is the "created" part. This spirit is the humans language you speak of as being roughly 6000 year old. Where did human language come from. The Bible implies this was divine intervention.

We are "created" in the image of God's language yet we are physically "formed" also.

I have lots of problems with the Bible in many instances but a few parts of Genesis actually, in some places, parallels today's evolutionary science.
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:32 am
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1530395_728812683796379_1878864538_n.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:05 am
@RexRed,
You,
Quote:
Evolution to us may be creation to God.

You are free to think and believe anything you wish.
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:51 pm
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1489126_10151888058571275_1751765417_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And you are free to believe what you want also.

I am an agnostic which means I don't know... This allows me to "consider" ideas outside the realm of that which is "also" unknown by science...

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 01:06 pm
@RexRed,
Most of us enjoy the freedom of religion. I'm in no position to tell others what's right or wrong. We arrive at our own beliefs based on our own subjective values. Nut'n wrong with that!
RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
Actually CI, you make a hell of a lot of sense in most of your criticisms of religion.

And I feel the underlying motive behind your criticism is reasonable, rational and of good intent.

Season's Greetings friend...
Advocate

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:39 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I am an agnostic which means I don't know... This allows me to "consider" ideas outside the realm of that which is "also" unknown by science...

Also, being an agnostic allows you to be covered just in case.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:36 am
@RexRed,
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you, Rex.

As you know, trying to discuss religion or politics doesn't work out well - even amongst family and friends. I have arguments with my siblings all the time; doesn't mean I don't love them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:35 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

RexRed wrote:

Also, being an agnostic allows you to be covered just in case.

Sometimes, being agnostic merely allows you to tell the truth...that you do not know the answer to some of the questions theists and some atheists claim are easily able to be answered.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why I'm an atheist:
1. The bible is full of errors, omissions, and contradictions.
2. The bible is based on Egypt's book of the dead.
3. Religions have been around long before the "birth" of Jesus
4. I believe in this planet's geographic and life forms based on evolution.
5. Prayers do not work.
6. Humans do not have all the answers, but science has done a pretty decent job considering homo sapiens, human knowledge, and science is "young."
7. I try to base my understanding of this planet, universe, and my life through logic and common sense.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why I'm an atheist:
1. The bible is full of errors, omissions, and contradictions.
2. The bible is based on Egypt's book of the dead.
3. Religions have been around long before the "birth" of Jesus
4. I believe in this planet's geographic and life forms based on evolution.
5. Prayers do not work.
6. Humans do not have all the answers, but science has done a pretty decent job considering homo sapiens, human knowledge, and science is "young."
7. I try to base my understanding of this planet, universe, and my life through logic and common sense.

Well...most of that eliminates one god.

And the rest seem best to be expressed: I do not know.

Merry Christmas, ci. Hope you and the family have a great 2014.