spendius

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 07:23 am
@spendius,
Which is exactly what Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and Kim Il-sung set out to do.
Revelations

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 06:59 pm
Yes I know infact he does exist and all the bible is true! I am also dying and have been sent signs clearly and loudly. Revelations is upon us and seals have been broken people it is time to repent. Read revelations it tells all about it. Only believe what Christianity says. I am not just saying this.
God Bless All of Us!
Revelations

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 07:01 pm
@spendius,
do you believe in the bible?In God? Have you studied the bible?Are you a Believer in God? I know of that I speak.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:13 pm
@Revelations,
Revelations wrote:

Yes I know infact he does exist and all the bible is true! I am also dying and have been sent signs clearly and loudly. Revelations is upon us and seals have been broken people it is time to repent. Read revelations it tells all about it. Only believe what Christianity says. I am not just saying this.
God Bless All of Us!

It's not "Revelations!" It is Revelation.
RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sibil had revelations...

A good Sally Fields movie Smile

and what exactly is sibyl?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibyl
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:07 pm
@Revelations,
1 Corinthians 10:13 fortells the end of signs once the Bible is complete. Did you know that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:47 pm
@neologist,
"End of signs" is an fiction. Many christians are getting so impatient with "End Signs" that many are ready to explode this universe into smithereens.
That would force god's hand.
neologist

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Revelation is a book written in signs. So the signs are now to be recognized. Revelation 17 and 18 recounts the signs of destruction of religion. Had you noticed?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:12 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
1 Corinthians 10:13 fortells the end of signs once the Bible is complete. Did you know that?

When should I complete your bible?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:16 pm
@neologist,
I wouldn't know of such things; I've not been a member of any religion for most of my adult life.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How have you been CI?
RexRed

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:45 pm
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

~Robert Browning
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
I've been fine; still traveling around to meet people, eat and drink their foods, see the many interesting sites, and add to my blog. Mr. Green
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 08:34 pm
@neologist,
Although attendance to churches in most of the developed countries have dropped, it doesn't mean that their religious beliefs have waned. We still have extremists in most religions of the world - but they represent a small percentage of the total.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
Good to see you back, RL. But you're too late. Bible has been complete for a while. I hope you stick around to meet the newbies
mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:37 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Bible has been complete for a while.

Do you have a date for the completion?
mesquite

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 12:09 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You did not address this question:
I wrote:
The validity of this approach is apparent in the answer to this question: According to the account, if Adam and Eve had not eaten the fruit, would they have died? And, by extension, would we die?

As you know, the question was not "would they have died?", but rather would they have died in the day that they ate the fruit.
In Gnesis 2:17 Moses wrote:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Yes I am aware of your assertion that the seventh day has not ended and that the word "day " above is interpreted by you to mean some indeterminate period of time that stretches from the moment of eating the fruit until forever. Substituting that definition of day kind of takes the sting out of the threat wouldn't you say?

According to this story the default condition of humans was the same as for all life, to age and eventually die. To gain immortality required eating from the tree of life. Kind of makes me wonder...did any birds, insects or any other critters feed on the tree of life? Would they gain immortality?
neologist

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:33 am
@mesquite,
neologist wrote:
Bible has been complete for a while.
mesquite wrote:
Do you have a date for the completion?
That would be when the apostle John died.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:45 am
@mesquite,
There is a difference between mortals having the prospect of everlasting life and the attribute of immortality. Just my guess, but the possibility of the tree of life somehow being able to confer immortality has not been discounted. If its existence were superfluous, it would not have been recorded. Our not having an explanation dos not negate Adam and Eve's death. Adam and Eve did not have to die, ever. More than that, they experienced death in far less than 1000 years when Abel and (perhaps) others died.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:14 pm
@neologist,
Yes, it was necessary for Adam and Eve to die if the human race was to reproduce itself. This planet's resources are limited, and humankind cannot keep growing without death.

Sex is a strong driver of reproduction.