spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How can ed ever be wrong if what he asserts is crap actually is crap?

What a dense dunkoff you are.
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The story is a joke.

Same goes for that infantile nonsense.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:19 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa swung with: He [God] withheld the knowledge of right and wrong from them [Adam/Eve]. They did not know there was anything wrong with ignoring his warning. So they ignored it

As a kid I was watching a thunderstorm with my nose pressed up against the windowpane and my dad yelled "Get back from that window!"
I asked him "Why?" and he snapped back "BECAUSE I SAID SO THAT'S WHY!".
I thought he was being unreasonable but I did as he ordered.
Obviously he didn't want to try technically explaining to me that during an electrical storm, clouds begin to build up powerful electric fields, eventually ionizing the air around them and developing a powerful current. These areas, called step leaders, form paths of ionized air (or plasma) that slowly make their way toward the Earth. If a step leader makes contact with another ionized path, called a positive streamer, it creates a completed path for the plasma to travel on, allowing the accumulated current in the cloud to travel between the two points..blah blah..
Same with Eden, God said "Don't eat that fruit!" and left it at that because he's not in the habit of technically explaining his orders..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:20 pm
@spendius,
Because you said,
Quote:
Then you cannot possibly be wrong on any issue ed...

You lack logic or common sense. Have you been visiting the local pub again? LOL
neologist

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Timur wrote:
Paracord Key Fob Zipper Pull with Hidden Survival Tools
http://www.gofastandlight.com/images/survival_fob.JPG
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
It looks like a handgrenade, you'd get your ass busted by airport security if you tried to board a flight with it..Wink
Anyway exactly what are the "hidden survival tools" or is it a secret?
Its a Solomon's Bar, sometimes called a cobra stitch. It could very well contain a small blade and a ferro rod. A blade would not pass airport muster. It would most likely be confiscated, whereas, if you showed up with your behemoth, the man would take you down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Because you said,
Quote:
Then you cannot possibly be wrong on any issue ed...

You lack logic or common sense. Have you been visiting the local pub again? LOL

Spendi rarely means anything he posts on these kinds of threads. He has a philosophical disagreement with truth and so posts attempts to obfuscate and confuse, pushing his private vision against his own better judgement.
spendius

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 05:06 am
@edgarblythe,
All I meant ed is that it proper civilised manners to justify calling something crap when asked to. Only babies are allowed to judge things without explaining. So explain why that post of mine was crap.
timur

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 07:11 am
Neologist wrote:
It would most likely be confiscated,

Very seldom, I say, if you don't bring it on you.

If you bring it on your carry-on, your assertion belongs to an order of beliefs.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 07:51 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa swung with: He [God] withheld the knowledge of right and wrong from them [Adam/Eve]. They did not know there was anything wrong with ignoring his warning. So they ignored it

As a kid I was watching a thunderstorm with my nose pressed up against the windowpane and my dad yelled "Get back from that window!"
I asked him "Why?" and he snapped back "BECAUSE I SAID SO THAT'S WHY!".
I thought he was being unreasonable but I did as he ordered.
Obviously he didn't want to try technically explaining to me that during an electrical storm, clouds begin to build up powerful electric fields, eventually ionizing the air around them and developing a powerful current. These areas, called step leaders, form paths of ionized air (or plasma) that slowly make their way toward the Earth. If a step leader makes contact with another ionized path, called a positive streamer, it creates a completed path for the plasma to travel on, allowing the accumulated current in the cloud to travel between the two points..blah blah..
Same with Eden, God said "Don't eat that fruit!" and left it at that because he's not in the habit of technically explaining his orders..Smile

I wouldn't expect a god to technically explain his orders. I also wouldn't expect a god to set up a sting where the necessary processing information would be withheld...and then punishing the people who fell into the sting.

But you cannot see that because you are purposefully blind. You have to think there was a great lesson being taught there by the ancient Hebrew who wrote the story...Moses or whomever.

It's kinda cute.
spendius

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 08:59 am
@spendius,
If you care to look ed at the Evolution 101 thread you will see there me declare a post "sophistry", Or crap if you like.

But I then wrote a few paragraphs to justify my assertion and invited rebuttal.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 11:47 am
@timur,
Just trying to explain to Romeo the difference between your fob and his pig sticker, should either be discovered.

BTW, would you mind telling the components?
neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 11:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Actually, Frank, you just can't get it through your head that our first parents were bestowed with a perfect conscience and had no need to contemplate what was good and what was bad in order to make behavioral decisions. They had a choice to accept their inherent nature or seek something 'better'.

Of course, if you should accept the concept that our creator is loving, just, and merciful, that would require you to play a different tune.
timur

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 12:06 pm
@neologist,
* 2 feet of survival 550 lb test paracord
* 1 inch steel knife
* Fire starter flint
* Jute fire starter tinder
* 3 inch duct tape
* Knife sheath
* Split Ring key Ring
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 12:39 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Actually, Frank, you just can't get it through your head that our first parents were bestowed with a perfect conscience and had no need to contemplate what was good and what was bad in order to make behavioral decisions. They had a choice to accept their inherent nature or seek something 'better'.

Of course, if you should accept the concept that our creator is loving, just, and merciful, that would require you to play a different tune.

Actually, you are too devoted to that idiotic story to accept that they CANNOT have been BESTOWED WITH A PERFECT CONSCIENCE...since they did not know the difference between right and wrong.

I appreciate that you blindly guess there is a creator GOD...and you further blindly guess that the creator GOD IS "loving, just, and merciful."

The god sure manages to disguise all that!
RexRed

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:18 pm
I think if there is such as a thing as divinity how should one behave?

Condescending or edifying?
neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:49 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Obediently
neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:00 pm
@timur,
My grandson, Zandar, shows how to use the flint as its own tinder.
http://able2know.org/topic/211887-1#post-5368879
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:03 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:

Obediently

On your knees to what?

neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
The god sure manages to disguise all that!
Well, here's why, Frank:
At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes." (Matthew 11:25)
neologist

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:06 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

neologist wrote:
Obediently
RexRed wrote:
On your knees to what?
Do you get on your knees to obey traffic laws, Rex? How do you steer?