Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 03:24 am
Quote:
Neologist asked: Where do you think some of those mansions might be?

Not mansions in the material sense, but simply another dimension/plane of spiritual existence which Jesus called "heaven" and "paradise", and we also get brandnew new spiritual bodies-
Jesus said- "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven" (Matt 22:30)
Paul said- "The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

So no way will heaven/paradise be made of atoms and molecules, nor will we have squishy fleshy bodies..Smile

PS- that key fob is pretty but my knife would be much more useful in a survival situation, so cut out the soppy girly items and start selling real survival stuff..Smile
timur

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:48 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Or you can use this one:

Paracord Key Fob Zipper Pull with Hidden Survival Tools.
http://www.gofastandlight.com/images/survival_fob.JPG

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

As every sunday school child knows, Eden was a metaphor for a perfect unspoilt earth, the snake was a metaphor for Satan, and Adam and Eve's disobedience in listening to Satan instead of to God was a metaphor for how universal peace and harmony goes up the spout by not listening to God..Smile

Only a Sunday School child would stick with that past the age of 10, though!

A much better take on the Eden story was the one I suggested:

Apparently the guy who made it up was trying to teach that the god the ancient Hebrews dreamed up was not particularly interested in being fair or reasonable. The god was going to be arbitrary and ruthless.

The story might as well have had the god binding the couple to a tree after ordering them to fetch a pail of water...and then severely punishing them and all the rest of humanity because they didn't get the water.

It is a joke of a story...and has meaning only to those who are willingly blind.

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 11:05 am
@timur,
Very Cool. One of my flint customers makes a full line of survival stuff with paracord, including a beat back with 1.5 inch lead ball. He calls himself the Paracordist. Can't post a link here, but PM me and I'll send a link to his do it yourself blog.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 11:09 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
that key fob is pretty but my knife would be much more useful in a survival situation, so cut out the soppy girly items and start selling real survival stuff..Smile
I don't sell key fobs any more. Ferrocerium is my niche. For cool paracord items, see post above.
Your knife is too big for backpacking, OK for car camping, Too big for everyday carry, unless you are amongst the criminal element.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 11:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It is a joke of a story...and has meaning only to those who are willingly blind.

What's a joke is a silly sod whose posts betray the vocabulary of a 10 year old, the repetitiveness of a metronome and the total absence of any sign of having read anything beyond the tabloid headlines, who, from a nondescript hovel in some nondescript dump in a nondescript state has piled up a derisory asset base after 78 years in the most productive period in world history, has decided to pass that sort of infantile judgement on 2000 years of cultural success resulting in world domination and based on a complete inability to comprehend the first page of that culture's most sacred and practically useful rule book simply because a few of the other rules contradict the self-indulgent and socially destructive operations of his dick.

The concepts of "right" and "wrong", as abstract and universal notions, were unknown to human understanding previous to the story referred to and the invention of them is staring Apisa in the face. Homer makes no mention of "right" and "wrong".

Such concepts were decided by the powerful in their selfish interests and in the story they would be decided henceforth, with many difficult forces to overcome, by an arbitrary, ruthless and unworldly authority, who, as a test of that authority, forbids a certain thing, a rather nebulous thing to say the least, and punishes the disobedience, as a parent might, for the disobedience itself rather than doing the forbidden thing which is of no consequence because such an unworldly authority is able to tweak the test and make the forbidden thing into an approved thing. Just as a large flashy gas guzzler was once approved as a signifier of sexual prowess and is now on the way to being forbidden as a sign of the determination of an idiot to **** up the earth.

It means--"you had best take notice of this book if you know what is good for you".

And Apisa thinks he knows what is good for us!! What arrogance!! How ridiculous can it get.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 12:05 pm
@spendius,
Even you can't believe that line of crap you just wrote, spendi. It ain't possible.
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 12:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
What's up with it ed?

Declaring it "crap" is not an argument.

It is surprising that you think it is an argument after your expensive education. You are entitled to vote based on such a conclusion but nothing else because otherwise you grant us all the same right except possibly those you have power over.

Quote:
They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
When he said the world was round
They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
When they said that man could fly
RexRed

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 12:23 pm
@neologist,
My ideas about Jesus fluctuate as to the evidence I am presented with concerning the historical Jesus.

For the historical Jesus is not the Jesus perceived today by most Christians.

And the historical Jesus seems "contrived" in the new testament.

Although the logic of the Jesus story is allegorical thus it is subject to expansion in its various repercussions. Much of that expansion is supposition.

I might suggest that the Jesus story was pieced together with various fragments of truth. There may have been an innocent man nailed to a cross. There may have been prophets preaching in the public squares.

But then there were writers to embellish on this story and fit it into the context of their own ways and understanding.

We are given a warped story of the past as some things are hidden and some things are also fabricated to obscure the actual series of events.

Fanciful imagination and cunningly devised fables.

And whose rules? God's rules?

I have respect for the unknown like the next person but many biblical rules apparently have no place in modern society. This only points to the inefficacy of their source. This points to a source that had chauvinistic, racist, homophobic, (the list goes on and on) tendencies.

I cannot trust a source that I do not feel is compassionate or humane.

I consider that rule common sense that even a non christian or science oriented person would understand. Yet it seems many of today's "Christians" don't mind getting their wisdom and "rules" from a source that is also barbaric and hateful.
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 12:50 pm
@RexRed,
But you have to allow Rex that in order to get the progress, if such it is, to which we have become accustomed it was necessary to be chauvinistic, racist, homophobic, barbaric and hateful.

Compassion and humanity applications would have us still in breech cloths. There would be no guitars and recording studios.

If you would say that the "progress" is chimerical and/or a disaster you would be coherent. Otherwise you are castigating the very cultural qualities you are a very fortunate beneficiary of.

Sort of having it both ways. A very fortunate beneficiary of 2000 years of chauvinisn, racism, homophobia, barbarism and hate and a nice guy oozing compassion and humanity as well. A win/win situation which I well understand will meet with your approval.

As I told you the other day, young homosexuals in England consider the use of "gay" to be homophobic. That is one of the reasons I never used the term on your thread.

Hence it is your word against theirs which is why a ruthless, unworldly authority is necessary. The only other adjudicator being fighting.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 01:05 pm
@RexRed,
That's one of the biggest problem with the bible; the individual decides what is allegory and what is straight talk. The embellishment of all those miracles are laughable at best; why hasn't miracles happened after Jesus' time on this planet? How can he be alive? Many miracles and outlandish incidence such as turning into a pile of salt happened when Jesus was not present.

Inconsistencies are the norm rather than the exception. Where does one begin and end?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 01:19 pm
@spendius,
I call crap when I see it. No arguments necessary.
spendius

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 01:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Then you cannot possibly be wrong on any issue ed and thus should rightly be President, the Leader of the House and the Chief Justice of the USSC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 02:42 pm
@spendius,
What a dumkoff; you
Quote:
Then you cannot possibly be wrong on any issue ed
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 04:23 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said re the Eden story- Apparently the guy who made it up was trying to teach that the god the ancient Hebrews dreamed up was not particularly interested in being fair or reasonable. The god was going to be arbitrary and ruthless.

Huh? God put Adam and Eve in a mini-paradise and said "you'll be fine as long as you don't eat that fruit", but they ignored his warning and ate it anyway resulting in a case of "paradise lost".
He did warn them..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 04:28 pm
Quote:
Timur said: Paracord Key Fob Zipper Pull with Hidden Survival Tools
http://www.gofastandlight.com/images/survival_fob.JPG

It looks like a handgrenade, you'd get your ass busted by airport security if you tried to board a flight with it..Wink
Anyway exactly what are the "hidden survival tools" or is it a secret?
timur

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 04:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Saying that you don't know what you are talking about is an euphemism.

You don't go through airports frequently either..
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 04:50 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- Your knife is too big for backpacking.....Too big for everyday carry...

Adapt, improvise..Wink
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/knife-quad.gif~original

Big knife trumps little knife..Smile
"Okay Buzz show us what you got!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rebelCC.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 04:58 pm
Quote:
RexRed said: many biblical rules apparently have no place in modern society

Which of these "rules" should we get rid of to make the world a better place mate?..Smile-
"Love God, love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 05:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said re the Eden story- Apparently the guy who made it up was trying to teach that the god the ancient Hebrews dreamed up was not particularly interested in being fair or reasonable. The god was going to be arbitrary and ruthless.

Huh? God put Adam and Eve in a mini-paradise and said "you'll be fine as long as you don't eat that fruit", but they ignored his warning and ate it anyway resulting in a case of "paradise lost".
He did warn them..Smile

He withheld the knowledge of right and wrong from them. They did not know there was anything wrong with ignoring his warning. So they ignored it.

There should have been no punishment.

It is like the thing I mentioned: He could just as easily have bound them both to a tree...and then asked them to fetch a pail of water. And when they did not fetch it...he would punish them.

You cannot put a huge impediment...an insurmountable impediment in place...and then go ape when the impediment causes what any grammar school kid would have predicted.

Get with it, Romeo.

The story is a joke.