neologist

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:34 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Most every biblical scholar agrees that mathew mark luke & john DID NOT write the gospels in fact evidence shows in the writing that several were penned by the same person.
Bible scholar?
RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:51 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

giujohn wrote:
Most every biblical scholar agrees that mathew mark luke & john DID NOT write the gospels in fact evidence shows in the writing that several were penned by the same person.
Bible scholar?

Evidence also shows that there were many "Gospels" floating around the holy lands in the first century but it took a pagan Roman emperor to pick the right ones. Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 12:08 am
Quote:
Glujohn said: Most every biblical scholar agrees that mathew mark luke & john DID NOT write the gospels in fact evidence shows in the writing that several were penned by the same person.

So what?
Buddha never wrote his own stuff either, and neither did Mohammed or Elvis, it was written down for them ..Smile
Same with the gospels, Jesus set the whole country buzzing and people were clamouring to know the full story, so Luke got out his wordpad and started typing-
"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught" (Luke ch 1)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 12:15 am
Quote:
RexRed said: Evidence also shows that there were many "Gospels" floating around the holy lands in the first century but it took a pagan Roman emperor to pick the right ones.

The 4 gospels make Romans look real bad (they killed Jesus remember) so why didn't the emperor Constantine trash them or alter them to make Rome look good?
The answer is that Rome (to their credit) were beginning to abandon their pagan ways and fessed up to their part in Jesus's death, and finally adopted Christianity as the Roman state religion around 300 AD..Smile

(PS- there are still other gospels floating around like Thomas's or Mary Magdalene's for people who want to read them, but they're nothing much to write home about)
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 01:53 am
@FBM,
Quote:
"Proven."

Is seems you don't, want to, believe me.

I understand. However that in itself doesn't mean it isn't true.

It really is true. Is that too difficult to grasp?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:01 am
Thousands upon thousands of "eyewitnesses" in Dallas on November 22, 1963...cameras and recorders all over the place...

...and we still do not know for sure what happened.

But these guys talk about eyewitnesses...even eyewitnesses who talked to dead people risen...as being reliable.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hoTMaNhLbilaR-GlNnGcWyzJMFSiRMBuuzBBEkYtWOFTLzOcJw
FBM

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 04:53 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
"Proven."

Is seems you don't, want to, believe me.

I understand. However that in itself doesn't mean it isn't true.

It really is true. Is that too difficult to grasp?

Without evidence, yeah. Pretty difficult.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:42 am
@FBM,
Quote:

Oh, ic Wink
But there IS evidence.

But do you have trouble with the concept?
FBM

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:17 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

Oh, ic Wink
But there IS evidence.

But do you have trouble with the concept?

I think I'm pretty clear on it. You present peer-reviewed results of carefully controlled, double-blind experiments, allow others to try to replicate your results, and then go with what the data says. Neither you nor the author of the website you linked to have done that. So far, both of you have offered nothing but rhetoric. Not data. It seems that you and he both have trouble with the concept of what constitutes evidence. If you or he have any real evidence as described above, and which is the standard for researchers everywhere, please present it here. You've got experimental evidence or you've got nothing but empty words.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:55 am
@FBM,
Quote:
I think I'm pretty clear on it. You present peer-reviewed results of carefully controlled, double-blind experiments, allow others to try to replicate your results, and then go with what the data says. Neither you nor the author of the website you linked to have done that. So far, both of you have offered nothing but rhetoric. Not data. It seems that you and he both have trouble with the concept of what constitutes evidence. If you or he have any real evidence as described above, and which is the standard for researchers everywhere, please present it here. You've got experimental evidence or you've got nothing but empty words.

wow! You only trust "peer-reviewed results of carefully controlled, double-blind experiments" ????????????????
Based on WHAT??? I mean it, why do you trust that? why?
You learned that indoctrination school or indoctrination university???
Don't you want to think for yourself?? what?

Don't you see you are believing too????

Yep, in "peer-reviewed results of carefully controlled, double-blind experiments"

You see, once someone wants to lie to you, they only have to write
"peer-reviewed results of carefully controlled, double-blind experiments"
And you are prepared to accept NONSENSE!

Don't you really see that?

what a world.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:58 am
That being said, there is really a scalar logarithmic standing wave permeating the universe, and thus the earth. And it seems to be extremely intelligent.
Maybe we can call it ...God???? Wink

FBM

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 07:50 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

That being said, there is really a scalar logarithmic standing wave permeating the universe, and thus the earth. And it seems to be extremely intelligent.
Maybe we can call it ...God???? Wink

And your evidence that supports this claim is...? I could just as well say a peanut butter fairy lives up my ass and determines who wins the weekly lottery, since we don't have to present any evidence for our claims here.
And it would be equally valid as anything you're proposing. Got evidence nor not?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 08:30 am
@FBM,
Quote:
And your evidence that supports this claim is...? I could just as well say a peanut butter fairy lives up my ass and determines who wins the weekly lottery, since we don't have to present any evidence for our claims here.

I understand that,

Quote:
Got evidence nor not?

Yes. Now tell me first if you have problems with the concept itself and if so, why?
MWal

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
Yes God exist, believe in perfection, and understand that knowledge is good, and waiting for us in Heaven. You have to love one another and make peace.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 10:25 am
Since nearly every holy book has a creation story, what evidence makes one story true over another?

And if humans as were created "after the beginning" there can be no eye witness accounts as to the actual beginning.
MWal

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 10:30 am
@RexRed,
Not necisarly, what if our beginning what logical?
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
@RexRed,
Not necisarly, what if our beginning was logical?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 10:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Glujohn said: Most every biblical scholar agrees that mathew mark luke & john DID NOT write the gospels in fact evidence shows in the writing that several were penned by the same person.

So what?
Buddha never wrote his own stuff either, and neither did Mohammed or Elvis, it was written down for them ..Smile
Same with the gospels, Jesus set the whole country buzzing and people were clamouring to know the full story, so Luke got out his wordpad and started typing-
"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught" (Luke ch 1)

Then Luke proceeded to make **** up.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 04:15 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Evidence also shows that there were many "Gospels" floating around the holy lands in the first century but it took a pagan Roman emperor to pick the right ones.

Actually it was the Council of Nicea under Constitine.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 04:16 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Bible scholar?

A question for me?