cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:12 am
@RexRed,
RexRed said:
Quote:
Do you know how many old testament prophecies failed? LOTS.

RF said:
Quote:
Only if you take them too literally..Smile

Your answer, RF, is an oxymoron. In the first place, the bible is a quote by god, and must be interpreted 'literally.' If not, all quotes in the bible can be interpreted in many different ways that only creates more contradictions from one verse to the next (although there are already plenty of contradictions without doing this). Many interpretations of any quote only increases confusion.

The bible is already a book of confusion with errors, omissions, and contradictions. Want to increase them by increasing the number of interpretations? LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Shocked
ROFLMAO

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:16 am
@neologist,
Oh and BTW, Rex. You truly show your ignorance of the bible when you confuse Nazarite with Nazarene.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:24 am
Quote:
RexRed said: Isaiah predicts the Nile drying up, Sea draining

Don't forget, many prophecies are still to be fulfilled, for example if a future hostile regime in Sudan decides to dam the Nile upstream, Egypt will wither and die.
Other ancient prophecies are perhaps being fulfilled in modern times, for example when Americans wiped out the godless heathen redskin tribes, Nazis, Japs and muslim terrorist camps etc -

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eagleA.png

"The Lord is mustering an army for war. They come from faraway lands,
from the ends of the heavens, the Lord and the weapons of his wrath,
to destroy the whole country.. and destroy the sinners within it." (Isaiah 13:2-9)

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
I'm sorry for the confusion RF brings to the discussion. But, to be fair, you and Rex are equally confused.

One of your problems is your tendency to confuse the creator, the God of the Bible, with the god of this world.
Quote:
The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 3:8)
That has been the condition of mankind since Genesis, chapter 3. I have explained this before and will explain it again. But, until you understand it, as allegory if not in truth, you will continue to be confused.
RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
RexRed said: Isaiah predicts the Nile drying up, Sea draining

Don't forget, many prophecies are still to be fulfilled, for example if a future hostile regime in Sudan decides to dam the Nile upstream, Egypt will wither and die.
Other ancient prophecies are perhaps being fulfilled in modern times, for example when Americans wiped out the godless heathen redskin tribes, Nazis, Japs and muslim terrorist camps etc -

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eagleA.png

"The Lord is mustering an army for war. They come from faraway lands,
from the ends of the heavens, the Lord and the weapons of his wrath,
to destroy the whole country.. and destroy the sinners within it." (Isaiah 13:2-9)

Once again more religious war mongering meant to terrify not liberate.

That presumption is even more ridiculous than the false prophecy itself.

If anything the Nile river will expand with sea levels rising due to global warming...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Be careful how you assign righteousness to the British American powers. They are assigned a place in the bible, of course, but perhaps not where you might think, based on your post.

Check Revelation 13:11-18
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:51 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I'll stick with the Biblical account that Jesus was born in Bethlehem and raised in Nazareth. Soon I will begin a thread outlining my reasons. But suffice it to say the Bible proves itself over and over in ways many have overlooked.

The Bible cannot "prove itself over and over."

C'mon. You were doing so well, Neo. Now you have allowed yourself to slip into nonsense.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:03 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to Cicerone: I'm sorry for the confusion RF brings to the discussion. But, to be fair, you and Rex are equally confused.

Mate, when Cicerone, me and Rex start thinking christmas trees, easter eggs and birthday cakes are evil like you Jehovah's Witnesses do, THAT'S when you can start calling us confused!
Incidentally, congrats to you and other whites for invading and settling on that heathen Chief Seattles land and building your churches and meeting halls all over it, that's the way to fulfill prophecy..Smile

"I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel" (Psalm 2:8/9)
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
The Israelites' commission to populate the land of Canaan did not extend to the Americas. That is particularly true since the Hebrew covenant expired with the baptism of Cornelius and was completely obliterated with the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70 C.E. There is no longer any particular nation ordained by God, except the one mentioned at Daniel 2:44.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:45 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: The Israelites' commission to populate the land of Canaan did not extend to the Americas.

I'm sure God has no objection to his Kingdom being spread over the whole planet..Smile
Daniel 2:44- " And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever"

Of course, if you and your chums feel guilty about taking Christianity to the American northwest, you can always pack your bags and get off Chief Seattles land so his descendants can go back to doing wardances, making whooping noises and attacking wagon trains..Wink
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yeah, right.
What sort of 'christianity' was brought to the Northwest?

Hey, Romeo. Do you suppose God will grant victory over China and Russia?

Or do you suppose the kingdom mentioned by Daniel in ch 2, vs 44 will do the job? And will you support it?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Neologist said: The Israelites' commission to populate the land of Canaan did not extend to the Americas.

I'm sure God has no objection to his Kingdom being spread over the whole planet..Smile
Daniel 2:44- " And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever"

Of course, if you and your chums feel guilty about taking Christianity to the American northwest, you can always pack your bags and get off Chief Seattles land so his descendants can go back to doing wardances, making whooping noises and attacking wagon trains..Wink

The Christian God's sword of the spirit will have to stand in line for world word domination, Jehovah of the Hebrews also plans on world domination and so does Allah of Islam.

And the few sensible peoples of this earth will just have to sit back and watch while religious people of the Abrahamic religions slaughter each other.

While all three religions have the laws of "love thy neighbor" unless (fill in the blank)...

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:36 pm
@RexRed,
So much evidence why religions have created more havoc for humanity, but they overlook them from fear they'll go to hell after death. The majority of humans live in hell on earth, and that's been true throughout human history.

Silly.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:22 pm
Quote:
Neologist asked: What sort of 'christianity' was brought to the Northwest?
Hey, Romeo. Do you suppose God will grant victory over China and Russia?
Or do you suppose the kingdom mentioned by Daniel in ch 2, vs 44 will do the job? And will you support it?

There are Christian communities in China and Russia and just about every country in the world so it's going pretty well..Smile
As for the Christianity that was brought to the NW, it was good old ENGLISH Christianity! (Not surprising because God himself is probably an Englishman)
And you can also thank us for giving you the English language or Americans would still be living in wigwams and talking Apache..Smile

Some heathen redskin tribes used to sling their old and infirm members out to die in the snow (top pic), but gallant English gentleman Richard Harris tells an old indian woman "Don't worry luv, I'll be a son to you and look after you. Now what would you like for dinner, some nice fish and chips with a sausage in batter and pickled onion?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Man-horse_zpsad973e30.jpg~original
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Some heathen redskin tribes

Heathen? You mean where christianity got all its ideas from???
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 02:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I predict that when you die it will be a very long dirt nap and nothing else...let me know how that works out for ya.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:00 pm
@neologist,
And where is the book of the god of this world?
giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I agree with Frank, ecept to say that the bible does not prove itself
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:03 pm
@giujohn,
That's simply Logic 101. One book cannot be the proof for it's own claims.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:14 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
And the few sensible peoples of this earth will just have to sit back and watch while religious people of the Abrahamic religions slaughter each other.
That will happen, Rex. But not limited to the Abrahamic religions. You haven't been reading ch 17 and 18 of Revelation by any chance, have you?
0 Replies