neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
English is a very fine language, indeed, Romeo. But of course hardly any of it originated in England. Rather it is a mongrel of uncountable tongues.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:22 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
And where is the book of the god of this world?
It's in many volumes. . . on many subjects. . . what subject is of interest to you?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:32 pm
Quote:
Quehon said to me about indians: Heathen? You mean where christianity got all its ideas from???

I don't think I've ever seen Christians running down the street whooping and scalping people..Smile
Incidentally I've got no beef with good injuns, for example the Lone Ranger was too squeaky-clean for me and I preferred Tonto.
In one episode Tonto was stuck in quicksand up to his waist and slowly sinking, but he just stood there calmly without panicking, waiting for the LR to rescue him, what a man..Smile
giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:38 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

One of your problems is your tendency to confuse the creator, the God of the Bible, with the god of this world.

giujohn wrote:
And where is the book of the god of this world?

Quote:
It's in many volumes. . . on many subjects. . . what subject is of interest to you?

No particular subject...just tell me what book is the book of this god of the world you speak of...does it have a name? Who wrote it? When?

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:16 pm
@giujohn,
What makes you think the 'god of this world' would craft one book according to his authority?

He has achieved considerable misery by simply obfuscating the words of the Creator. Think of it. What book is misrepresented in the churches of christendom when a baby dies? Is it not to say something like "God wanted another angel in heaven", or "The child is in a better place, now." And what book is used to conscript cannon fodder when the commercial and political interests of a nation feel the need to wage war?

No, the god of this world has no need for a book of his own, since he has recruited a large army of cassocked hypocrites do his will.
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . .I don't think I've ever seen Christians running down the street whooping and scalping people..(Smarmy emoticon removed)
You may never have seen it; but our history is full of "christians" taking the scalps of Indians, men, women, and children without regard for whether they may have become christian. They were "redskins", not people.

You gloss over the atrocities of the American West as if you were watching a B western.
giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 09:12 pm
@neologist,
Ok well Im confused. I thought you said there was a book attributed to your god of the world. Who is..."He has achieved considerable misery by simply obfuscating the words of the Creator"? Is it your contention that your god of the world is not the creator?

Quote:
No, the god of this world has no need for a book of his own, since he has recruited a large army of cassocked hypocrites do his will.

So your god is aligned with hypocrities?
giujohn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 09:33 pm
Really people...god? The cruelest joke ever played on man. The gulibility is staggering and incredibly sad. What a freakin waste.
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm
@giujohn,
You suggested the god of this world might have a book.
I gave you an admittedly smarmy answer thinking you would get it

But the true god is NOT the god of this world
RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:07 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Really people...god? The cruelest joke ever played on man. The gulibility is staggering and incredibly sad. What a freakin waste.

I totally agree Gui... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:08 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You suggested the god of this world might have a book.
I gave you an admittedly smarmy answer thinking you would get it

But the true god is NOT the god of this world

I would even pity the devil if he has a copy of any of the Abrahamic holy books... Smile
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:23 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . . I would even pity the devil if he has a copy of any of the Abrahamic holy books... Smile
I'm sure he has it all committed to memory.

For what good it may do him
RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:38 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
. . . I would even pity the devil if he has a copy of any of the Abrahamic holy books... Smile
I'm sure he has it all committed to memory.

For what good it may do him

No book can be totally good or bad, the truth will somewhere get slipped in between the myths. Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 12:37 am
@neologist,
Quote:
You may never have seen it; but our history is full of "christians" taking the scalps of Indians, men, women, and children without regard for whether they may have become christian. They were "redskins", not people.

I know what his response is going to be:
"They are not real christians!"

My o my.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:04 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
No book can be totally good or bad, . . .

What about Mein Kampf? Mr. Green
Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:07 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
What about Mein Kampf?

you probably haven't read it! it isn't that bad. It only shows Hitler was a madman!
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:10 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I must confess that I haven't actually read it word for word (except for the anti-Semitic passages). That's because most of it is boring! Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:12 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: You gloss over the atrocities of the American West as if you were watching a B western.

You're the one who's squatting on Chief Seattles land mate, not me..Smile
If you're full of remorse, hand it back to the injuns, hitch up your wagon and move out..Smile
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
My family is part Cherokee
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:23 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
I must confess that I haven't actually read it word for word (except for the anti-Semitic passages). That's because most of it is boring!

that is what I mean, nothing much there!
0 Replies