Agreed. It's really common.
FBM

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 04:22 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
It's a common thing

Agreed. It's really common.

I know some who write "Cheezus," but I'm not that big of a cheese fan, so it never occurs to me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 04:32 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
And having many wives is immoral...

Why do you think that Rex?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 04:38 am
@spendius,
Most of the royals had many wives, and Ramses II had over 100 of em! LOL
spendius

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
When there are gross inequalities of wealth what else can be expected?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 06:03 am
@spendius,
Being a bum isn't a happy existence, is it? LOL
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:31 am
Quote:
Neologist said: Romeo's logical fallacies expose him well enough.

How can something be a fallacy if it's logical? Make up your mind..Smile
RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:15 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
And having many wives is immoral...

Why do you think that Rex?

Marriage is between two consenting adults, anything else negates equality. Equality between loving couples is the essence of marriage.

You can't serve two masters.

Many wives is disrespectful to women and men. Polygamy creates "male whores".

Men (and women) are not farm animals and studs...

I am not surprised you needed to ask this question because you have for a while demonstrated you lack of scruples Spendi.

Polygamy also opens a person up to many venereal diseases. Would you care for a nice dose of the clap Spendi? AIDS, venereal warts, syphilis, herpes, hepatitis, liver disease?

Quality of life, not quantity of life.

Hope that clearly answers your question...
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
Neologist said: Romeo's logical fallacies expose him well enough.

How can something be a fallacy if it's logical? Make up your mind..Smile
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:19 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
FBM said: *yawn* Once again, the Bible is the claim, not the evidence. Quoting it does nothing

Buddhists quote Buddhist scriptures, so why can't Christians quote Bible scriptures?
Incidentally did Buddha really exist? And who wrote down his teachings?
Prove it..Smile

Buddha was the son of a Brahman and most likely highly educated. It is conceivable he wrote some of his own ideas down. They have likely been copied and corrupted over time.

Jesus was also learned, but did he write of his own death?

Jesus' death and resurrection are the crux of Christianity.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Hope that clearly answers your question

Not in the slightest Rex. It's the sort of answer I would expect of an Agony Aunt in a particularly soppy women's magazine. Juxtaposed to an ad. for Interflora.

In actual fact your answer digs you into a hole that it is impossible for you to get out of but as you are not savvy enough to know why I don't suppose it matters much.

Quote:
Marriage is between two consenting adults,

That's just the latest fad we are rich enough to allow a few gentrified, urban malcontents to indulge in so they can try to put some meaning into their lives. And it is qualified to fit your purpose. It doesn't even apply in the majority of States. Nor in the majority of countries.

Quote:
Equality between loving couples is the essence of marriage.

No it is not. You're piss-balling about with the word "equality" as if we are all too stupid to know any better. Shagging is the essence of marriage. Or tax allowances.

Quote:
Men (and women) are not farm animals and studs...

Take it easy Rex!! You'll be getting all religious if you pursue that idea further than the end of your nose. So don't think it through whatever you do. And don't mention it to evolutionists unless you want to make them laugh.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:06 pm
Quote:
RexRed said: Jesus was also learned, but did he write of his own death?

No but others did..Smile
His arrival was foretold centuries before just as he said -
"All things about me in the law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)
RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
RexRed said: Jesus was also learned, but did he write of his own death?

No but others did..Smile
His arrival was foretold centuries before just as he said -
"All things about me in the law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

Something foretold is even more easily fabricated into the fabric of history.

How do you know Buddha, Alexander the great, Nepolion, or Matthew Shepard or ANY martyr was not this foretold messiah?

When you have ancient prophecies you just make up a story that includes such prophecies (i.e. the slaughter of innocents) then tell everyone that they actually saw the nail holes in Jesus' hands and feet. You scorn and insult people who are "doubters" and praise blind faith just to hit the nail on the head (so to speak) and ascribe blame across a wide range of people. Seen by thousands etc., in 6o years it becomes believed as the truth rather than a fiction. Early Christian emperors purposefully keep people illiterate and also burnt all other books, at that point anything goes.

Pearl (not sure who they are) writes in an online blog:

Mohammad wasn't a real person. The word Mohammad only occurs 4 times in the Koran. The word Jesus occurs many times. I think there was originally a warlord in Arabia, but his name wasn't Mohammad. Mohammad is a title meaning to be praised and the word got mixed up with the Warlord that served as the basis of the Mohammad legend. Someone found a lectionary (book of Christian writings) and mashed in a lot of folklore about this warlord and made it into a new religion.

LOL Smile
RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:36 pm
@spendius,
I see you did not want to respond the sexually transmitted DISEASE part of polygamy...

So you lose the argument on that basis Spendi.

So guess who then becomes, by default the, "Agony Aunt in a particularly soppy women's magazine. Juxtaposed to an ad. for Interflora"?

YOU.

Why do you think most of the mad kings of Europe has syphilis?

Male whores...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 02:10 pm
@RexRed,
Will the real Mohammad and Jesus please stand up! LOL
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Religion is a logical fallacy... i.e. because I exist it must be the work of some God...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 04:25 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . . How do you know Buddha, Alexander the great, Nepolion, or Matthew Shepard or ANY martyr was not this foretold messiah? . . . .
Pay attention to what you post, Rex. Folks may think you are a few stanzas short in your chorus.

Aside from misspelling, you appear to have assigned martyr status to Alexander and Napoleon.

Are you joking or do you really not know much about the Bible?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:16 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
I see you did not want to respond the sexually transmitted DISEASE part of polygamy...

I had no evidence that your statement on the matter was true or false. I looked for some but I could find nothing which compared the incidence of STDs in countries where polygamy is allowed with countries where it is not.

I don't even know how you define polygamy. It is not cruising.

How could I respond?

Quote:
So you lose the argument on that basis Spendi.

If you are claiming that not responding to a point consists in losing the argument you might have words with our gallery of atheists and evolutionists. As I just said--you made no point. You smeared on a wing and a prayer unless you know the comparative statistics on STDs. If you do please respond to a request to post them.

Are human beings machines? That's a point I have raised which has not been responded to after a number of requests. Will you respond to that? It is a srtaight forward point. Yes or no.

Is monogamy, or polygamy, contrary to evolution? Yes or no?

Quote:
Why do you think most of the mad kings of Europe has syphilis?

Male whores...

There you go again. What evidence have you for that?

You are on the verge of condemning male homosexuality. Maybe over the verge. History has not condemned male homosexuality because male homosexuals didn't pull their socks up. And you have pointed to one very significant reason why history has done so. i.e. that it causes sickness.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:18 pm
Quote:
RexRed said: How do you know Buddha, Alexander the great, Nepolion, or Matthew Shepard or ANY martyr was not this foretold messiah?

Well in the Old Testament about 500 BC Zechariah says -
"See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey" (Zech 9:9)

And the New Testament says-
"They threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road" (Luke 19:35/37)

So who do you think Zechariah meant would be riding into Jerusalem, the Lone Ranger?..Smile