RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:16 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Well, there IS a darkside to Tibetan Buddhism!

Perhaps so, it is certainly not any darker than the foolery I have grown up with all my life in Christianity...

I plan to take only the best parts of Buddhism.

All of this self realization commercial capitalistic stuff, transcendental mantra's and drug addict maharishis I plan to avoid...

Just the simplistic pure elements of Buddhism I will try.

The image of the smiling Buddha with a few less lbs is probably my mantra. Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:21 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Perhaps so, it is certainly not any darker than the foolery I have grown up with all my life in Christianity...

maybe, but don't be too sure.

Tibetan Buddhism isn't at all what you think!

Quote:
These are only some of the issues that The Taming of the Demons so skillfully illuminates. Much more could—and indeed should—be said about this outstanding book. Dalton treats a variety of other violent matters, from early Buddhist scriptural allowances for murder, to the employment of Buddhist rituals of warfare by both “the Mongol Repeller” Sokdokpa (1552–1624) and the Great Fifth Dalai Lama (1617–1682). Equally compelling is his discussion of violent mythology’s role in the construction of temples and the mapping of Tibet’s geography. Each chapter, in short, offers important insights into violence’s place in Tibetan Buddhism, resulting in a rewarding read for those willing to confront Tibet’s darker facets.

http://www.thebuddhadharma.com/web-archive/2011/8/3/the-dark-side-of-tibetan-buddhism.html
RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

maybe, but don't be too sure.

Tibetan Buddhism isn't at all what you think!

Quote:
These are only some of the issues that The Taming of the Demons so skillfully illuminates. Much more could—and indeed should—be said about this outstanding book. Dalton treats a variety of other violent matters, from early Buddhist scriptural allowances for murder, to the employment of Buddhist rituals of warfare by both “the Mongol Repeller” Sokdokpa (1552–1624) and the Great Fifth Dalai Lama (1617–1682). Equally compelling is his discussion of violent mythology’s role in the construction of temples and the mapping of Tibet’s geography. Each chapter, in short, offers important insights into violence’s place in Tibetan Buddhism, resulting in a rewarding read for those willing to confront Tibet’s darker facets.

http://www.thebuddhadharma.com/web-archive/2011/8/3/the-dark-side-of-tibetan-buddhism.html

You are talking about what people did to Buddhism after Buddha's life, look at what they have done to Christianity.

But you have no problem with being associated with that huh? Crusades/holy wars, God sanctioned torture in the name of the Spanish inquisition, FEAR of God, Westboro Baptist church, gay conversion kidnap and therapy... Shall I go on?

I appreciate your warnings, I am going to borrow a few of Buddhism's attributes for my own life that I find lacking in most all other doctrines of faith and practice. I am not diving headlong into today's Buddhism.

I think Buddha himself had it right and his deification after his life is of no interest or concern to me.

Most religion has long ago thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Was Was Jesus a Buddhist?
http://www.thezensite.com/non_Zen/Was_Jesus_Buddhist.html

So I guess Jesus has the same dark demon crawling out of his behind... If your logic is right.

"Get thee behind me Satan..."
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:44 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
But you have no problem with being associated with that huh? Crusades/holy wars, God sanctioned torture in the name of the Spanish inquisition, FEAR of God, Westboro Baptist church, gay conversion kidnap and therapy... Shall I go on?

EXCUSE ME??????

You obviously hasn't read all my postings!, That is for sure!

I am against christianity as well!! The pope in tha Vatican is a Satanist and kills and murders and rapes children! Today!

Of course I am against all that!

Why all this strong emotions? It seems I have touched a nerve!
Wasn't my intention at all!

And furthermore, Buddha himself even never existed at all! neither did Jesus!
they are INVENTIONS in order to control people.
I have written about that before as well.

man o man

RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:50 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

EXCUSE ME??????

You obviously hasn't read all my postings!, That is for sure!

I am against christianity as well!! The pope in tha Vatican is a Satanist and kills and murders and rapes children! Today!

Of course I am against all that!

Why all this strong emotions? It seems I have touched a nerve!
Wasn't my intention at all!

And furthermore, Buddha himself even never existed at all! neither did Jesus!
they are INVENTIONS in order to control people.
I have written about that before as well.

man o man

Oh I see so you love a polygamist prophet, GOOD FOR YOU! (cynical)
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:37 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

What a stupid remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--> ignore

Bye bye

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:51 pm
Quote:
Quehon said: I am against christianity as well!! The pope in tha Vatican is a Satanist and kills and murders and rapes children! Today!

What makes you think people who do that are true Christians?
RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Quehon said: I am against christianity as well!! The pope in tha Vatican is a Satanist and kills and murders and rapes children! Today!

Well they all use the same book of lies so how is one to tell the difference? Even the Qu'ran is based upon Judaism and the new testament.

Are you saying Christians don't use the Bible to justify treating others like dogs and infidels?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:11 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

What a stupid remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--> ignore

Bye bye

polygamist prophet

polygamist prophet

polygamist prophet

polygamist prophet

polygamist prophet...

Bye bye Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:20 pm
Quote:
RexRed said to me: Are you saying Christians don't use the Bible to justify treating others like dogs and infidels?

If they do that, they're not true Christians!
Relax, they won't get under Jesus's radar..Smile

Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
RexRed said to me: Are you saying Christians don't use the Bible to justify treating others like dogs and infidels?

If they do that, they're not true Christians!
Relax, they won't get under Jesus's radar..Smile

Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

That simply is another biblical reason for Christians to deny love to others based upon the words of their fairy tale messiah...

Example: The Baptists, all you have to do is sneeze wrong way and you are no longer going to the kingdom of heaven...

Religious ostracization based upon asinine subjective laws.

Not one jot or tittle will pass away, huh?

This is why biblical morality is so abhorrent and Jesus' own words are the enablers of these wackos...
neologist

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 04:34 pm
@RexRed,
You know, of course that Satan is the current ruler of the world. Were he not, he could never have offered all the kingdoms to Jesus.

So, why do you blame God and Jesus for the evils carried out under their names? Jesus clearly explained their judgement.
RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 07:08 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You know, of course that Satan is the current ruler of the world. Were he not, he could never have offered all the kingdoms to Jesus.

So, why do you blame God and Jesus for the evils carried out under their names? Jesus clearly explained their judgement.

Maybe Satan is the ruler of YOUR world but not mine,

My world has been living fairly harmoniously for millions of years 'til religions came along.

I blame Jesus and the God of the Bible for what is written in that book not only for what people have done afterwards in their name.

I blame them for brainwashing you Neo with lies, not only religious lies but lies contained within that very book and written as plainly as day.

In the beginning God said (lie after lie after lie)
RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:53 pm
I have been studying Buddhism today (youtube videos).

I perceive that Buddhism seem obsessed with death and dark intellectual symbolism. What a disappointment.

I am going to ignore that part of Buddhism. I am interested in quiet meditation, practicing peace and treating my body like a temple. It would seem that either Hinduism or some other religion infiltrated Buddha's message of balance or Buddha was just as screwed up as the pagans and Abrahamic religions.

So regardless I am going to borrow the positive parts and leave behind the rest. I don't necessarily really need a religion to try and live the middle path of life. I am going to for now treat the dark imagery as a later addition and corruption to Buddha's message.

I will continue to learn about Buddha's life and see if I can glean a few more lessons in self improvement.

Pity how his teaching has been tainted with some of the same crap that other religions freakishly espouse...

Like three headed snakes that spit crocodiles... PLEASE... Sad
neologist

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:24 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
My world has been living fairly harmoniously for millions of years 'til religions came along.
You remember all that, do you?
Herald

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 10:35 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
I perceive that Buddhism seem obsessed with death and dark intellectual symbolism. What a disappointment.

1. Watching youtube videos (without even being pre-selected in advance) could hardly be called 'studying' ... for it is rather acquainting with the problematics.
     2. RE: I perceive that Buddhism seem obsessed
This is another culture, another understanding of the world ... actually it is another world. To make assessment on the grounds of cross-cultural misunderstandings is not only undesirable but it might be inadvisable as well.
     3. RE: obsessed with death and dark intellectual symbolism
It is another view of the things. There are two types of fatalists for example: the first type don't dare to mention some possible hapless event to avoid provoking the destiny; the second type are talking all the time about the possible hapless event in order to deprive it from the possibility of happening. It is different logic and different approach to life ... based on different understanding of the world.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

It's astrange thing, isn't the Pope Catholic/Christian at least by name?

The Vatican is FULL of these idiots, the whole of christianity is fake!
RexRed

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:10 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

RexRed wrote:

1. Watching youtube videos (without even being pre-selected in advance) could hardly be called 'studying' ... for it is rather acquainting with the problematics.
     2. RE: I perceive that Buddhism seem obsessed
This is another culture, another understanding of the world ... actually it is another world. To make assessment on the grounds of cross-cultural misunderstandings is not only undesirable but it might be inadvisable as well.
     3. RE: obsessed with death and dark intellectual symbolism
It is another view of the things. There are two types of fatalists for example: the first type don't dare to mention some possible hapless event to avoid provoking the destiny; the second type are talking all the time about the possible hapless event in order to deprive it from the possibility of happening. It is different logic and different approach to life ... based on different understanding of the world.

I am ordained Christian clergy so I have been to the rodeo more than once. Smile If you call the Discovery Channel (via youtube) and the very words of India's highest caste monks and also the Dalai Lama's very own words in these youtube videos a cross cultural misunderstanding then who would you suggest really knows about Buddhism?

I agree it is different but it is also the same considering the similarities between Jesus and Buddha.

I see only very slight differences between a Buddhist's quest for enlightenment in the Atman and the gnostic Christians quest for eternal life in God.

There is the Christian's prayers and the Buddhist's chants, Jesus's nonviolent stand against the Romans/Jews and Buddha's endorsement of non violence.

Then there is Enoch's dark symbolism in a burning hell that is often said by many Christians to not exist to the dark symbolism of the Buddhist book of the dead.

Book of the dead? ...and no obsession with death? I guess an obsession with death is better than an obsession with causing death.

It is really hard to draw differences in the midst of so many glaring similarities.

At least Buddha is not claiming his words are straight from the infallible revelation from God and angels as the prophets of the Abrahamic religions have done. It seem Buddha claimed to be human not God incarnate. Or, do the Buddhists also make such claims of a perfect word via Buddha?

I just wonder how much of Buddha's original plan was corrupted by pagans as was the Christian doctrines at the council of Nicene under the direction of the pagan Roman emperor Constantine...
RexRed

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:20 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

It's astrange thing, isn't the Pope Catholic/Christian at least by name?

The Vatican is FULL of these idiots, the whole of christianity is fake!

The Qu'ran calls Jesus "the messiah" so if the WHOLE of Christianity is fake then wouldn't the Qu'ran also be fake???

Is Islam FULL of these idiots too?

"Jesus alone is called the Messiah in the Qur'an. Eleven times he is given this title and occasionally he is referred to solely by this title without being referred to by name."

"O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and his messengers and say not "Three" - Cease! it is better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from his transcendent majesty that He should have a son". (Surah 4:171)

Comment:
Islam teaches Christianity... So the WHOLE of Christianity is fake?

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:26 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
You remember all that, do you?

I remember it as clearly as you remember God taking Eve from Adam's rib...

And DNA is a "perfect" record of millions of years while the words of the Bible are a perfect record of chauvinist males doing what they do best, trying to lie and exert their ignorant, self-serving prowess over females...
0 Replies