Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And I don't think you know what you're talking about, John... Any scientific theory is falsifiable, and none is ever proven true beyond any possible doubt. And in that lingering doubt lies the greatest strength of science.

Try and read Karl Popper.

Or Feyerabend for that matter!
Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

The mistake is to take this person seriously enough to respond. If everyone ignores him, maybe he'll just go away. Don't enable him.

You don't take me seriously, Brandon?... :, (
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:37 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
1 + 1 = 2 is not provable beyond any possible doubt. The earth revolves around the sun not provable. But faith is reason to believe?
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And I don't think you know what you're talking about, John... Any scientific theory is falsifiable, and none is ever proven true beyond any possible doubt. And in that lingering doubt lies the greatest strength of science.

Try and read Karl Popper.

Quote:

Newton has been disproved?

Yes. By Einstein.

Sorry...you are wrong on both counts.
HUP IS NOT A THEORY...english is your native tounge right?
And Newton wasnt "disproved". Newtoian physics are still in affect, and probably always will be. If for some reason I see any of his 3 laws of motion fail, I will let you know.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:42 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
1 + 1 = 2 is not provable beyond any possible doubt. The earth revolves around the sun not provable. But faith is reason to believe?

what are you saying now?
RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:43 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Sorry...you are wrong on both counts.
HUP IS NOT A THEORY...english is your native tounge right?
And Newton wasnt "disproved". Newtoian physics are still in affect, and probably always will be. If for some reason I see any of his 3 laws of motion fail, I will let you know.

Gravity is the parent of all creation, not provable, yet, but more plausible than the belief that "God did it"... Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:45 pm
@RexRed,
there is a lot wrong with the official newtonian version of gravity!
RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:46 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

what are you saying now?

Science is an edifice of evidence, one axiom built upon another.
RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:47 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

there is a lot wrong with the official newtonian version of gravity!
When apples start falling to the sky in China I might believe that...
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:48 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Science is an edifice of evidence, one axiom built upon another.

Maybe.
I once though the same way.
However if the fundamentals are flawed, which they are, everything build on that is also flawed. So the building of axioms is flawed as well.
Really, ;science' is created to lead us away from the truth ( there are more reasons)
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:51 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
When apples start falling to the sky in China I might believe that.

That is what I always hear.
I am NOT saying things do not fall. Your confusing what is happening ( something falling) with the explanation WHY it is falling, That are really to seperate things. If you tell me things will fall, I agree. But if you tell me it is gravity as explained by Newton (who really was a drunk, someone else wrote his books!) I disagree.
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:05 pm
Is "Quehoniaomath" code for some new designer street drug or hallucinogen?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:09 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Is "Quehoniaomath" code for some new designer street drug or hallucinogen?

Can't handle it, kiddo?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:20 pm
@giujohn,
Newton's law of gravitation has been superseded by Einstein's theory ofgeneral relativity, but it continues to be used as an excellent approximation of the effects of gravity. Relativity is required only when there is a need for extreme precision, or when dealing with very strong gravitational fields, such as those found near extremely massive and dense objects, or at very close distances (such as Mercury's orbit around the sun).
(From wiki)
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Not entirerly correct. Simply put:
Newton's physics work here on earth just fine and have not been "superseded ".
Einstien answerd what happens to space-time in the presence of objects with large mass
Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:45 pm
@giujohn,
No need to dumb things down. Newton law of universal gravity is only an approximation of the facts as we know them. It can't explain the orbit of Mercury for instance.
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:48 pm
@Olivier5,
No...they cant.
I was going for brevity BTW. (Did you feel dumb?)
Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:59 pm
@giujohn,
You tried to 'correct' a Wikipedia quote by dumbing it down... all to clinch on to the validity of a theory of gravity contradicted by facts and superseded by another one (general relativity), which better fits the facts we have, but itself could be superseded by another theory tomorrow. That's the way of science.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:02 pm
Although, the idea that Newton's laws are perfectly correct for virtually all mechanical phenomena within our experience has never been contradicted by later science.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Your GPS wouldn't work without relativity. The time of the clocks on board those satellites is affected (slowed down) by their speed relative to earth.