Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 07:51 am
@giujohn,
Science is the philosophical child of empiricism and rationalism. It postulate that the human mind has a natural ability and inclination to observe phenomena, ie to collect 'facts', and to come up with logically coherent and mathematically formalized 'theories' or 'models' that fit with the facts (or not). In this dialogue between reality and human reason, facts trump theory. Facts are always right, and theory is always provisional.

The facts of HUP may be eternal, eg our incapacity to predict or measure certain things... but the theory behind it may disproved tomorrow. Newton mechanics have been disproved, but of course the phenomena called 'gravity'--eg the fact of life that if you fall from some height, you're likely to die--have not disappeared...
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:54 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Because my life is saved by doctors at least 5 times over 50 years no one else can... Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am so glad I have someone with such superior cognitive skills helping me understand.

So next time I need a doctor instead I will just pray about it. (cynical)

I am not interested in reading your website, no thanks.

I am not impressed with your critical reasoning skills.

LOL
I am not here to impress you.
Please start reading these papers.
You just don't know what you are talking about,
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
there is no evidence you can furnish that gods are impossible.

I believe that if I were to demonstrate my evidence in a court that it would be taken as judicial notice in every other court. You cant argue with an experiement that can reproduce the same result over and over again...just like DNA evidence.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:17 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
I believe that if I were to demonstrate my evidence in a court that it would be taken as judicial notice in every other court. You cant argue with an experiement that can reproduce the same result over and over again...just like DNA evidence.

Aren't you taking 'science' not too seriously now? And why the hell are you confusing courts wuth 'science'? Really!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:25 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
there is no evidence you can furnish that gods are impossible.

Ego can be a bad thing, John.

Yours is out of control.
giujohn

@Olivier5,
Quote:
The facts of HUP may be eternal, eg our incapacity to predict or measure certain things... but the theory behind it may disproved tomorrow

I dont think you get it. HUP is not aboUT wHAt we can or cannot do...it's about the nature of the universe. I'ts not that we cant measure SAPs it's that by their nature they exist in a quantum state where by they have no position/velocity-enrgy/time...they are everywhere and nowhere at the same time until the wave function collapses which occurs when some information about them is known by ANY mechanism. Once again, there is no "theory" behind it. It is a PRINCIPLE or LAW OF NATURE.

Quote:
Newton mechanics have been disproved

Who lied to you and told you Newton has been disproved?
Quehoniaomath

Quote:
User ignored (view)

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:26 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:

Not only Newton, but Galileo, Einstein and a lot of others too.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:27 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
The facts of HUP may be eternal, eg our incapacity to predict or measure certain things... but the theory behind it may disproved tomorrow

I dont think you get it. HUP is not abotu waht we can or cannot do...it's about the nature of the universe. I'ts not that we cant measure SAPsit's taht by their nature they exist in a quantum state where by they have no position.velocity-enrgy/time...they are everywhere and no where at the same time until the wave function collapses which occurs when some information abotu them is known by ANY mechanism. Once again, there is no "theory" behind it. It is a PRINCIPLE or LAW OF NATURE.

Quote:
Newton mechanics have been disproved

The mistake is to take this person seriously enough to respond. If everyone ignores him, maybe he'll just go away. Don't enable him.
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
LOL Very Happy
Frank...ego? Really?

As Joe Friday would say, '"Just the facts Ma'am".
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:29 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The mistake is to take this person seriously enough to respond. If everyone ignores him, maybe he'll just go away. Don't enable him.

This one is very strange! I really thought this is a free forum!
But is seems it is only free if one is prepared to say only those things other agree upon.
Sounds a bit like thought fascism to me!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
Im starting to see that, thank you
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:40 pm
Quehon seems to be upsetting a lot of people in various threads, he's as good at it as I am..Smile

"There's little point in writing if you can't annoy anybody"- Sir Kingsley Amis
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Quehon seems to be upsetting a lot of people in various threads, he's as good at it as I am..

"There's little point in writing if you can't annoy anybody"- Sir Kingsley Amis

Yes, so it seems, however it never is or was my intention.
But I have learned one thing, people are scared to death of truth!
It still amazes me.

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-during-times-of-universal-deceit-telling-the-truth-becomes-a-revolutionary-act-george-orwell-139698.jpg
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:55 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Aren't you taking 'science' not too seriously now? And why the hell are you confusing courts wuth 'science'? Really!

Im sorry, I dont speak jibberish.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:56 pm
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRZONpWFZRC5qjONNcHBhSGz4FUqW34Vk8N-HbF2SdYn3YLY78VQ
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:57 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Im sorry, I dont speak jibberish.

I know! You only write it! Wink
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:03 pm
Quote:
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. ~ Gloria Steinem

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:06 pm
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLrfHji6iHolpZO7Z6zftmdprSOW-oGZLlFmbt0F2kjEjqMmTsDw
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:07 pm
@giujohn,
And I don't think you know what you're talking about, John... Any scientific theory is falsifiable, and none is ever proven true beyond any possible doubt. And in that lingering doubt lies the greatest strength of science.

Try and read Karl Popper.

Quote:
 Newton has been disproved?

Yes. By Einstein.