RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:33 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

dalehileman wrote:
Quote:
If i were to take anything to paradise with me it would be you and neo (and the pretty lovely ladies of a2k)
Rex I don't think they let you do stuff like that, up there
Besides, neo isn't going to heaven.

"Judge not" Neo. Especially yourself. It is better to blame others for making us into what we are. Leave a small place for your own innocence to survive beyond this world, even if you have to spend an eternity with, err, some God, Goddess... or a weird combination of the two. Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:56 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Acts of God... Whose fault are they Neo?
Why, the god of this world, of course.
mesquite

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:40 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
Acts of God... Whose fault are they Neo?
Why, the god of this world, of course.

Multiple gods eh?
RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:04 pm
WHY CAN'T SHE OWN A CANADIAN, WHAAAA, WHAAAAA!!!!!
https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/971932_494329467318682_650714466_n.jpg

::Why can't I own Canadians?::

On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as quite informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.)

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:06 pm
@mesquite,
The god of this world is identified in more than a few places as Satan. As to why Satan is the ruler and not Jehovah, that is a question few here seem won't to ask
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:10 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
As to why Satan is the ruler and not Jehovah, that is a question few here seem won't to ask

Do you Know why God would not want to rule over us here on earth rather than allowing an evil doer do it for him?
RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:15 pm
@neologist,
Is Lucifer the God of this world because God made another God or because that is how we perceive him/her? Is Lucifer your God Neo? So one could say Lucifer killed those Christian children on that bus but God has their soul.. Somehow that does not quite seem enough...
mesquite

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:28 pm
@neologist,
Is that a yes?
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:40 pm
@RexRed,
Dr. Kauffman probably doesn't realize that Jesus' sacrifice fulfilled the law; hence, we are no longer able to buy slaves from Canada. Dr. Laura is totally out of the loop on this, maybe does have a secret stable of Canadian slaves, and has never read anything written by Paul.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:
As to why Satan is the ruler and not Jehovah, that is a question few here seem won't to ask
Do you Know why God would not want to rule over us here on earth rather than allowing an evil doer do it for him?
A clue may be found in Jesus' statement at Luke 22:31, where "Satan has demanded to . . . sift you as wheat." Though said here to the apostles, it represents, in part, Satan's contention with Jehovah. He never questioned God's power, only his right to rule and the integrity of His intelligent creation. He made a similar allegation with Job, you may recall. Satan's challenge at Job 2:4 when he claimed "Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul", by its wording, an allegation involving us all. The entirety of human history has so far been devoted to resolution of this issue, which will end with Satan's demise.

We may believe more than enough time has passed; but we are not the timekeeper.
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:58 pm
@RexRed,
No such an individual as Lucifer in the Bible.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:59 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
Is that a yes?
Many called gods. Only one true God.
mesquite

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:15 pm
@neologist,
How do you tell the difference when the one you call a true god is not the one calling the shots?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:29 pm
@neologist,

Quote:
A clue may be found in Jesus' statement at Luke 22:31, where "Satan has demanded to . . . sift you as wheat." Though said here to the apostles, it represents, in part, Satan's contention with Jehovah. He never questioned God's power, only his right to rule and the integrity of His intelligent creation. He made a similar allegation with Job, you may recall. Satan's challenge at Job 2:4 when he claimed "Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul", by its wording, an allegation involving us all. The entirety of human history has so far been devoted to resolution of this issue, which will end with Satan's demise.

I must say that is an interesting interpretation.

How would you interpret this?

Luke 19:27

Quote:
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:29 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
How do you tell the difference when the one you call a true god is not the one calling the shots?
Not always easy when Satan controls the media. I'll say this: Once you begin to understand what the Bible really teaches, the difference becomes more easily discernible.
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Parable depicting a future event.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 05:42 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Parable depicting a future event.

Please explain the slaying in this future event. Will they bring people forward and behead them or what will happen and what evidence do you have for interpreting this as a future event?
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
Have you read the book of Revelation?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:22 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Once you begin to understand what the Bible really teaches, the difference becomes more easily discernible.

What the Bible really teaches is whatever the believer needs/wants to understand.
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:35 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
neologist wrote:
Once you begin to understand what the Bible really teaches, the difference becomes more easily discernible.
What the Bible really teaches is whatever the believer needs/wants to understand.
I've spent many years as a salesman and sales manager. For what its worth, I've noticed that a professional salesman is also a darn good prospect as customer. He has confirmation bias, always thinking of reasons to buy.

If you wish to understand the Bible, you must be aware of your own bias. Many people read the Bible hoping to find cause for moral license or unearned reward. That so many succeed is not the fault of the scriptures.
0 Replies