Game over for gun controls in any country in the world

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

I asked a question. You just swatted it aside in not a very nice way, and you wonder why I challenge that.

Where you offended?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:22 am
Footnote concerning the U.S. Department of Defense Trade Controls laws at one time the US government was trying to limit strong encrypt technology and would not allow it to be exported on the theory that doing so is the same as exporting weapons without a license.

So the author of PGP the first strong public key program just printed out the source code for the program and send that oversea.

Such material being protected in that form by the US first amendment and others then outside the borders of the US just scaned the source code in and put it on the internet.

The US government shortly then gave up the idea of controlling strong encrypt technology.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:24 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

I think you need to upgrade your spectacles, h20. ...

In your opening lines, you stated that this gun is undetectable.

Laughing No, that was not me.

Thank God you don't live here in the states as we already
have more members of the dumbmasses than we need.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:29 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Thank God you don't live here in the states as we already
have more members of the dumbmasses than we need.

No nice at all so you have a ten mill-seconds time out for posting the above. Laughing
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:42 am
@BillRM,
At last, someone with a serious answer.

If that is your law, then you will live ....and die by it, I suppose. I'll not state my opinion on it as it's not a law that affects me.

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:50 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Quote:
Silly Question? Conspiracy? Aiding in some way?

Yes, no and no.

I wonder if you would ask the same questions if the Obama administration
had posted the entire ObamaCare plan online for all to download and read?

Unfortunately this was not the case because as Princess Pelosi said:
" we have to pass it before we know what's in it" or some stupid **** like that.

I guarantee ObamaCare will kill more Americans than any 3D printed weapons.

I have no clue as to what you are now wittering on about.
I'll not persue it as I don't want to derail things.

One further question to anyone and everyone....Are you happy that anyone of any age, mental capacity and level of good or bad intent can now freely (and seemingly legally) make and own one of these things?
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
I'll not state my opinion on it as it's not a law that affects me.

Given the internet actions and technology anywhere in the world have affects on everyone in the world.

As an example of that fact plans for pressure cooker bombs put on line somewhere in the middle east sadly affected runners in Boston.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 09:00 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
re you happy that anyone of any age, mental capacity and level of good or bad intent can now freely (and seemingly legally) make and own one of these things?

Happy or unhappy is kind of beside the point as any emotional state will have no affect on the technology for manufacturing such firearms being out there any more then it does for the plans for creating bombs that can killed and wound large numbers from materials in you mother kitchen.

However all in all governments have always been more of a threat to freedoms then individuals madmen or small groups of madmen.

The founding fathers of the US have fears of the very government they was creating and placed as many safe guards as they could in the design of that government.

One of those safe guards is the second amendment limiting the government power to disarmed the population.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 09:28 am
@Lordyaswas,

You established that you were clueless early on... thank you for confirming this.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 10:19 am
@H2O MAN,
Can you say Ford gas tank?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 10:45 am
This evolution in technology fills my heart with JOY.

Decisions concerning personal defense qua any citizen of any age
have been taken out of the hands of any government and placed where thay belong:
in the hands of each Individual citizen (who has an EQUAL right to defend his life).

I remember seeing an episode of Science Fiction Theater in the 1950s,
wherein a fellow made a .38 revolver with such a replicator.

The COMPLETE DEFEAT of the "gun control" movement is near-at-hand.

The genie is out of the bottle!
"From every mountainside, LET FREEDOM RING!!!!!"

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 12:40 pm
History of the same laws now trying to be used to try to limit the availability of the gun design when it come to encryption PGP program.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

Criminal investigation
Shortly after its release, PGP encryption found its way out side the United States, and in February 1993 Zimmermann became the formal target of a criminal investigation by the US Government for "munitions export without a license". Cryptosystems using keys larger than 40 bits were then considered munitions within the definition of the US export regulations; PGP has never used keys smaller than 128 bits so it qualified at that time. Penalties for violation, if found guilty, were substantial. After several years, the investigation of Zimmermann was closed without filing criminal charges against him or anyone else.
Zimmermann challenged these regulations in a curious way. He published the entire source code of PGP in a hardback book,[13] via MIT Press, which was distributed and sold widely. Anybody wishing to build their own copy of PGP could buy the $60 book, cut off the covers, separate the pages, and scan them using an OCR program, creating a set of source code text files. One could then build the application using the freely available GNU Compiler Collection. PGP would thus be available anywhere in the world. The claimed principle was simple: export of munitions—guns, bombs, planes, and software—was (and remains) restricted; but the export of books is protected by the First Amendment. The question was never tested in court with respect to PGP. In cases addressing other encryption software, however, two federal appeals courts have established the rule that cryptographic software source code is speech protected by the First Amendment (the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in the Bernstein case and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in the Junger case).
US export regulations regarding cryptography remain in force, but were liberalized substantially throughout the late 1990s. Since 2000, compliance with the regulations is also much easier. PGP encryption no longer meets the definition of a non-exportable weapon, and can be exported internationally except to seven specific countries and a list of named groups and individuals[14] (with whom substantially all US trade is prohibited under various US export controls).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 04:11 am
There can never be enough dead children for you BillRM. Not satisfied with the slaughter of American school children you want to export such carnage around the world.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 04:30 am
@izzythepush,
Let the future victims of predatory violence
be sufficiently well armed to lethally overwhelm the predator, be he man or beast.

David
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 05:06 am
The Register pretty much said what I suspected was the case, and as I thought it's just the American libertarians and guntards who are slavering over this piece of junk.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/10/oh_no_its_the_plastic_3d_gun/

Quote:
'Liberator': Proof that you CAN'T make a working gun in a 3D printer

No need to pry this piece of crap out of my fingers

by Lewis Page

Posted in Bootnotes, 10th May 2013 15:34 GMT

Comment People are missing one important point about the "Liberator" 3D-printed "plastic gun": it isn't any more a gun than any other very short piece of plastic pipe is a "gun".

and...

Quote:
The only way to be at all confident of a disabling result using a Liberator would be to press it into your enemy's body before firing. This is also true of a kitchen knife, and a vigorously thrown kitchen knife (or half-brick) would be at least as effective at a distance as the "Liberator".

It's not a gun. It's not even a 1950s style "zip gun": the pipe used for zip guns is a lot better than you can make in a 3D printer, and is correspondingly more effective - and safer.

In a real gun which you would actually carry into a fight, there will also be various ancillary equipment which will mean you can shoot it again without having to manually insert another cartridge. Nobody serious has used single-shot firearms in combat for well over a century.

So what we have here is not, as everyone is saying, proof that 3D printers can be used to make guns. It's proof that they can't, and that 3D printing at the moment is basically pretty useless.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 05:35 am
@contrex,
Rome was not built in a day.

We have plenty of guns to see us thru until these r fully & optimally functional.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 05:43 am
@contrex,
I 'm also looking forward to some radical improvements
in the lethality of handgun ammunition, to shred the target from within.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 08:37 am
@contrex,
The prototype the first of it kind is just that IE a proof of principles and little else however better such weapons will be design in short order.

Next it is not mainly the US that "need" such an at home printed/manufacture weapon/firearm but citizens of nations such as the UK/China/Japan with almost a complete ban on firearms.

Desire a firearm for protection going to the ATM download the plans from the cloud and then print one out in a few minutes for a few dollars and then destroy it after getting home along with wiping the plans off your computer.

When there is a knocked on your door looking for illegal weapons the reply can be what illegal weapons as I would never never assume the right of self defense.

As I said before game over as far as the ability of governments to disarmed it citizens.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Strange you should mention Rome. I have been thinking the empire of the US of A is becoming more and more like the last days of the empire of Rome.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:06 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Strange you should mention Rome. I have been thinking the empire of the US of A is becoming more and more like the last days of the empire of Rome.

Thanks to the naked emperor Obama