Shockwave pattern of The Mississippi Embayment

Kalopin

Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:45 pm
Does The Mississippi Embayment appear to have a shockwave pattern?

farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:47 am
@Kalopin,
In what fashion, structural? tectonic? Maybe aien attack?
farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:54 am
@farmerman,
Heres a field trip looking at grabens and half grabens in the Northern Embayment, you should read it and learn for yourself

https://ideals.illinois.edu/bitstream/handle/2142/32825/neotectonicsofno30nels.pdf?sequence=2
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 08:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman,
Thanks for the link. Couldn't get it to work. You must mean PDF: "Neotectonics of The Northern Mississippi Embayment" by John Nelson and Richard Harrison? Thanks, I have read their work.

It is my belief that the topography of the embayment is due to a bolide impact to Northeastern Marshall County, Mississippi. Here is a brief description of how I view the valley:
On satellite, put the upper embayment in view. Draw an imaginary line down the middle of The New Madrid Bend straight to where numerous unusual rocks were found in North Slayden, Mississippi [Concord Church is near the middle of the crater?]. Notice the lines in the topography showing angle, force and direction of impact. Follow each river to the north [Wolf, Hatchie, Loosahatchie,...] down each of their valleys to view the larger waves from a shock that extends from The Tennessee River on the east around passed The St. Francis River on the west. All the semi-circular fractures and "sand blows" point directly to this structure. The man-made lakes to the south [Sardis, Enid, Arkabutla,...] is where the land was split apart and pulled upward by the force. Later these chasms were blocked by earthen dams to form lakes. Every river, lake, hill, valley, and every detail in the topography surrounds and points directly to this same central location.

On the northwest face of this structure is where numerous unusual rocks were found with the appearance of melt rock, fusion crust, vitrification, shatter cones, fallback breccia, shocked quartz, nanodiamonds, etc. All aspects of impactites.

William Herschel's observations concur. The comet was seen as fifty percent larger than the Sun in October 1811. Many reports of major meteor showers, black smoke, explosions, hot and cold blasts of air, lights across the skies from way too far to be naturally occurring earthquake lights. It would have taken this amount of force, a meteor impact, to cause the churchbells to ring in Boston and throughout the northeast [no, not a myth]. All these reports were only during the first major quake.

It is my belief that C/1811 F1 came up from the southern hemisphere [where it was last seen before passing] and passed in front of our planet, leaving a trail of debris. As Earth travelled through its dust tail [for over a month] several meteors impacted. One large enough to cause this destruction. Please read Alexander von Humboldt's account:
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/humboldt/alexander/travels/chapter14.html .There was a major earthquake in Caracas Venezuela in December 1811 as well as many eruptions, quakes, strange weather patterns,...all over the globe. It is my belief these were the effects of a comet's close passing.

Please study the satellite view, study the rocks, the original accounts, newspaper articles, present theories, tree growth data, immediate topography,... I have little doubt that once all the evidence has been studied that this will be the only conclusion. A meteor impact is the only mechanism that could have possibly produced the highly unusual topography of The Mississippi Embayment.

What do you think?
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 09:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman,
I thank you for your interest and hope to keep it. Here is the link to this research: http://koolkreations.wix.com/kalopins-legacy
"Kalopins Legacy","wix","documents and links", and please read the article entitled "A Few Comments on 1811".
Quite a puzzle, huh?
Thanks! ;-]
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 09:36 am
@Kalopin,
some of the buried bolide analyses were described by Wiley Poag in his USGS hunt for the meteorite impact zone in the southern Chesapeake Bay. His initial indicators were the rapid changes in ground water transmissivity values in the area that surrounded the impact zone.Then there were nice gravity and magnetic anomalies. Drilling came later. The sand blows in the upper embayment can just as easily be remnants of Reelfoot (Li 1996).
I notice the date, are you saying that the "New Madrid event" was a bolide?. Theres a lot o evidence to support seismicity you know, and shocked quartz ,is the one thing that I can honestly say Ive never heard of associated with the New Madrid. Is it a coesite or Troilite?. Id like to see some data thats published on thios cause it could be very interesting if these things are just now coming forth.
For one thing, itd make some lead deposit associations make more sense to me as contact metamorphics
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 10:58 am
@farmerman,
Thanks! I have been unable to find anyone to help with this research. I continually run into the problem of questioning so much of the presently accepted theories.

To find a good team of research geologists?

It is my belief that the sand blows are much more likely from an impact. The projectiles force of injection forcing lighter material to the top of a frozen surface in any manner available. Less likely from just a seismic "break" not shift, as the fault lies in the middle of a tectonic plate {The North American Plate]. It goes against the direction of the edge of the plate and just ends on either side [Mid-plate Tectonics]. Many seismologists believe it just snapped from tension, torsion, pressure, erosion,.. [maybe from The Juan de Fuca Plate] It is definitely a weak spot, where four major rivers converge. Earlier maps show an entirely different river system. It appears that The Tennessee River went straight to New Madrid, exactly where Reelfoot Lake is now. I believe that is why New Madrid was settled there. You can see the distance that The Mississippi River was pushed to the northwest.

In fact, I doubt there would be hardly any evidence left if it weren't for the fact that it was one of the coldest winters on record. Here is another perspective: http://darkmattersalot.com/2012/10/05/1811-1816-when-the-earth-had-a-brush-with-the-devil/ -The year without a summer. As it is my belief that enough cometary material impacted to lower global temperatures and changed many weather patterns.

I believe that you will find this scenario to answer every detail concerning these unusual events of 1811-1812.
Thank you for your time with this. It will not disappoint!
Let me know what you think.
rosborne979

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 11:19 am
@Kalopin,
Seismic activity in the New Madrid are (and along the fault) is already conclusive. Are you saying that you think an impact is coincidental to that seismic activity?
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 11:28 am
@rosborne979,
Yes,
I do not argue whether or not this was previously a seismic region, or of any of the past or more recent quakes, only that the mechanism for the December 16, 1811 event at approx. 2:30 a.m. was the result of a meteor impact.

Here is a study concerning the more recent quakes by Seth Stein: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091104132652.htm
His study suggests that the recent quakes are aftershocks of the 19th century quakes.

A more recent finding, The Big Creek Fault Zone is located just to the north of this structure along The Wolf River http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/mmri/programs/seismic.html .
Seems to coincide?

P,S. It appears that this land is resettling at a much faster rate than the believed age of the topography [which is thousands, if not millions of years old]. There are many stories. My father-in-law says his grandparents used to ride up and down The Loosahatchie River on the big riverboats. Nowdays you have to wait for a flood to get a bass boat up it. I have little doubt that all this land was pushed northward two centuries ago and is still settling southward.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 12:37 pm
@Kalopin,
Kalopin wrote:
It is my belief that the topography of the embayment is due to a bolide impact to Northeastern Marshall County, Mississippi. Here is a brief description of how I view the valley:
On satellite, put the upper embayment in view. Draw an imaginary line down the middle of The New Madrid Bend straight to where numerous unusual rocks were found in North Slayden, Mississippi [Concord Church is near the middle of the crater?].
I don't see anything on a Google terrain map for this area that looks like an impact crater, or even residual signs of an impact crater.
Setanta

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 01:39 pm
Given the number of people living in the Missouri/Ohio/Mississippi basin in 1811--Amerindians, descendants of French colonists and Americans who had moved into the area since 1783, i find it a bit hard to swallow that a major impact took place, but no one mentioned having seen it. That's too implausible.
rosborne979

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 02:54 pm
@Setanta,
That's a good point. Maybe he thinks it was a minor impact that simply touched off an already precarious fault line.

Still seems like a big coincidence to me, but hey, if he can come up with some good evidence...
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 04:43 pm
@Kalopin,
The New Madrid seismic zone (USGS calls it the NMSZ), is a remnant of the seafloor speading center that goes all the waay back to proterozoic RHODINIA (like Pangean breakup but a Billion years older). Rhodinian breakup is responsible for the ozrk Seismic zone, the Illinois zone as well as the NMSZ. These zones are well known and are seismically active. You can go to any USGS website and they have plotted, seismic epicenter and hypocenter locations by little Dots. These dots are the epicenters polotted via GPS of microseisms and the hundreds of seismic events since 1811 and the big one of 1768.
NOW,I am doubting your data because Ive not found ANYTHING re shocked quartz. (You had me going there and Im always one who loves a great story and trust me a bolide would be total awesomeness)
BUT, we gotta look at some fatcs

1Seismic epicenters cluster around the NMSZ . tHESE ARE GOING OFF ALL THE TIME . The USGS plots em using GPS coordinates

2 TheNMSZ is composed of deep deep half grabens that coalesce around the old Rhodinia (and this is responsible for much of the post Jurassis "Luan" salt domes further south inthe Outer Miss Embayment .The seismic zone is buried beneath a thick layer of Jurassic and younger seds that have been explored for oil via tapping the half grabens (behia Talco, Balcones etc) and the dome sides. We HAve a lotta data and we dont see much in the way of breccias and shocked quartz. WHERES THE SHOCKED QUARTZ DATA??

3There are some remnants of the Cretaceous Chixulub splattering some thin breccias all over the map and some of these reach the lower end of the Miss Embayment I believe

4The sediments over the Rhodinian NMSZ are generally quiet except where theyve been disturbed by the underlying remobilization of the NMSZ (if it were a bolide in 1811, there would be disturbance through the entire section that the meteor plowed through

5 WHY has the NMSZ been reactivated?

A. Many guys say its because of the unweighting of the Illinoian and Wisconsonian Ice Sheets. (Isostatic rebound may have caused the Rhodinian aged NMSZ to "slip".

B. The principla movement in tenNMSZ is "Right lateral" not just up and down (if it were a bolide there wouldnt be much lateral movement)

C. Another theory is thishttp://gizmo.geotop.uqam.ca//forteA/Forte_et_al_GRL_2007.pdf

I dont have any dog in thos fight but I think you have an uphill battle to convince us that a bolide was the reason for Reelfoot Lake

farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 04:45 pm
@Kalopin,
Quote:
I continually run into the problem of questioning so much of the presently accepted theories.
You need to find the logs of drill holes in the area you are interested in. If you have any hope of proving your belief then it should be easily seen in these logs
farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:22 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry, I said coesite and Troellite, Im wrong it wuld be Coesite and Stishovite as the two quartzes

The "Shocked nature of this piece of Stishovite can be seen as the teeny laminae that follow the original shock wave. Its rare that we get em in their original planes of direction

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/820qtz.jpg
0 Replies

Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:40 pm
@rosborne979,
The immediate crater was almost instantly refilled, due to soil horizons being gravel, sand, dirt, clay, and on top of The Artesian Wells, which also absorbed much of the energy.. There was a lot of erosion and development being in a fertile river valley. Totally opposite from say Barringer Crater, in a dry desert it vitrified easily, no development [accept one road] and little, if any erosion, big difference. In my opinion, impacts are currently so misunderstood.

The only other impact crater discovered in a river valley, as far as I know, is The Kgagodi Crater in Botswana Africa, and it was discovered by accident when drilling core samples for a mining expedition. Look at the similarities: http://www.wikifieldtrip.org/Kgagodi_crater [will someone tell wikipedia that it is not a "meteorite" impact crater, it is a meteor impact crater?!]

It may be hard to make out the circular pattern, although it is easy to see at ground level [this needs a LiDAR!]. You will have to look closely at all the small semi-circular fractures in the surrounding landscape. I believe that where Mill Pond Rd. and Early Grove Rd. meet, just that part, follows the inside terrain of the southeastern crater rim. Notice, though, that every circular detail surrounds this same location.
0 Replies

Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:51 pm
@Setanta,
There were many reports. Study the original accounts. One man in Louisville Kentucky said it was so bright he could see a needle on the floor! At 2:30 a.m.? Even this is too far from New Madrid. There are reports from Virginia, North Carolina, even as far as Savannah Georgia. The majority of the general public put full blame on the comet, as they should have. People said it went down in The Ohio. People said it touched the mountains of California...

You will find no information, no reports from within the strike zone. There were very few settlers anywhere near, no one would listen to the natives. It is my belief this killed thousands of Chickasaw and that the Trail of Tears was enacted to stop The Choctaw from telling everyone how Jackson Island and Burning Mountain had been flattened by this event, as well as the valcano "Midnight" in Humphreys. This was an embarrassment to Jackson. All I say is study the facts!
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:57 pm
@farmerman,
The only problems- There is no uplift or subduction zone anywhere near New Madrid Missouri. I am sure the faults may have already been there, that is not the issue. the existing terrain and plate tectonics do not determine where a meteor will impact, but they will adjust the effects. Imagine if this same bolide would have impacted Yellowstone Caldera. It may have had a much worse outcome?
Kalopin

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 06:00 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, that is a good idea. Do you know where to find this information? I have been trying to get geologists to drill bore holes and collect samples for the past going on four years now.

This discovery has plenty enemies. Truths should not be this difficult to reveal!
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 1 Mar, 2013 07:41 pm
@Kalopin,
Quote:

The only problems- There is no uplift or subduction zone anywhere near New Madrid Missouri.

OH YES THERE IS. iT IS RIGHT BENEATH THE ENTIRE NMSZ. fROM THE GEOPHYSICS AND DRILL DATA WE CAN SEE THE HALF GRABENS, THE SEA FLOOR SPREADING CENTES AND WHAT WOULD BE A MID OCEANIC RIDGE WITH PERIDOTITE MAFICS (sorry anbout the caps. I accidently hot the cap lock with a hand that has no feeling)

Its not a subduction boundary, its a seafloor spreading boundary like the Alantic and Pacific mid ocean ridges.