A2K Fantasy Baseball Is Back! 2013 Version

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 08:56 pm
@Ticomaya,
I do not see it there Tico...try it one more time...

We may not be able to do it since I have 2 going, and one trade with you already pending...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 09:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thank you Tico! Wink

I just hope that Yahoo is correct when they said he would get the job... Laughing Laughing

No biggy if not...

If you would like to trade Putz also...I am willing...
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
If you would like to trade Putz also...I am willing...

I gotta hold onto my Sand Land closer.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
I understand mate...I was a big D-backs fan when Johnson was there, as well as Matt Williams, till Johnson went to SF...

If you want to do something with Reed, that is cool too...but we can give it sometime...We did 2 today lol...and I did 3 today....

We can wait, and I will see if I think I need more, or if you think you need more, etc... or how well Lester may be pitching, which I know many may be watching...

Have a good night Tico...and thank you very much mate!!

I always admire players who are willing to deal...Wink
Gargamel

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 08:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How attached are you to Desmond Jennings?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 01:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Honestly, that is not a bad deal...but to also be honest...I am not sure I want to do it...I will need to replenish all my bats...I will send some deals, or ask about offers...etc...but I think I am good right now...

I really am only interested in grabbing a middle to low end closer for Parker, some scrappy bats...Or a mix and match kinda offer...etc...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 01:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Did you see that I put Pedro Alvarez on waivers? I don't like his K's but he is a big bat guy. Also has had some kind of miserable spring - but his numbers last year were interesting.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 01:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I did see that!...I bet at least 2 will be going for him on waivers...I looked last night, and rather than going the waiver way...I grabbed Jason Kubal, because they were pretty comparable...and the OF helps me out more than a 3B does...

Yes, I did see that...and I bet someone will be happy in the end...I think you have a point, at times, it is better to just dump then trying to get exact value in trades...because it never really happens...Wink
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 02:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I picked up Murphy as backup-day player assuming he passes through his present intercostal stiffness, though if I remember sometimes when you need him, he is off too, so it goes. I was satisfied enough with him last time I had him, we'll see.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:31 am
World baseball classic man?...I have bad news for whoever has Hanley Ramirez...

He tore a ligament in his thumb, and is done for maybe 8 weeks...

It is awful when dudes are hurt before they even start the season...
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That would be George.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:40 am
@Ticomaya,
That is awful...It really is...from a baseball perspective...

I am sorry George...I feel for you...that has happened to me boat loads of times...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 08:37 pm
I know this is off topic...but is anyone watching the World Cup qualifier right now? It is on E.S.P.N. or E.S.P.N. 2...and there is about an inch and a half of snow on the field...and it is snowing pretty hard...It is very interesting to watch...
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I was flipping between it and the KU game. That was some serious weather going on there in Colorado. I thought they were going to halt the game there for a bit, but then they carried on. The Costa Rica boys deserve a heck of a lot of credit for playing in those conditions, and then telling the referee that they wanted to continue the game in those conditions, even though they were losing 1-0 at the time. Well played.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:33 am
@Ticomaya,
I agree completely with you mate...and was thinking the same exact thing when I was watching that myself...I think they deserve a lot of respect for doing that indeed...I think a lot of people would have opted to take the easy route and just gone looking for an easy do over...Since it seemed it would be hard to score a goal in those conditions...but they played it like true men worthy to represent their country...I think if the US is out and they are left in...I will be routing for them to win it all as a sign of worthy admiration for the sportsmanship they displayed in a loosing effort...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:46 am
@Ticomaya,
I see that you snagged Aybar...Nice move! I wish I could have sat there and tried to work deals to build my team exactly how I wanted it to be...Or more so, I wish I was able to make the draft...I think my team that was drafted would have done well with the standard formats...but I think the team I have now will help me more with the current settings...

But none the less it is just for fun...and it is not worth it to try to replicate a perfect team that one would have drafted, if they did not make the draft...and one side has to kinda eat crow to get a deal done...to make it worthwhile...and it does not seem possible that one would be able to replicate a mirror draft that they could not make...

I had to make a choice between Ichiro, Or Aybar...to get Robertson for some holds...and I think I will be looking to do something to get one more set-up man...for now I decided to roll with Ichiro...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:22 am
Six long days left to go before opening day (night): Houston vs Texas!
Spade keeps wheeling and dealing. Does he have anyone left that he drafted?
I'm looking forward to Yahoo starting to use 2013 projected stats in the match-ups.
Yanks and Redsox will vie for last place and the Nats will bring excitement to DC.
And the 'Necks will win this whole thing.
Just you wait and see!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:27 am
@realjohnboy,
<waiting>
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:32 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Spade keeps wheeling and dealing.

If you are interested mate...I am willing to deal again! LoL...

I am not looking for anymore pitchers...If you would like a crack at Lester, Or another...I am listening if you want him, or any one else...

Or any other member in the league...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 11:21 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Yanks and Redsox will vie for last place and the Nats will bring excitement to DC.
And the 'Necks will win this whole thing.

I read that as "the 'Necks will vie for last place" ...

Yeah, I think that's more accurate.