Why has it almost Become Impossible to Converse with and Enjoy Those Who Differ?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 09:26 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Yeah. ******* liberals. They should **** off to wherever they came from.

They should practice what they preach. So should Conservatives, but they tend to fail at this as well. We all as a rule don't act according to the beliefs that we spend so much time and emotional energy trying to sell. We might benefit from figuring out why we do this.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 09:31 pm
You might benefit from some realistic definitions for the terms you fling around. Tolerance doesn't mean that people have to agree with you. Tolerance doesn't mean that you must never be criticized. This is just one of your typical sulks that come over you because you've fucked your reputation here so badly that no one takes you seriously. Tolerance doesn't mean that anyone has to take you seriously
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm
@Setanta,
The views I give voice to in this thread are not about me, they are global observations. You should as such stick to refuting my claim that this is reality far and wide. As for claims of what my reputation is I am not aware that you are correct. From where I sit it appears that I too often hit too close to home with unpleasant observations about individuals and our collective, which I would score as a win no matter of how badly the emotional reaction interfers with my ability to make friends.
Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 12:08 am
@hawkeye10,
I'm not obliged to refute any claims of yours, the more so as you offer no evidence, just your ipse dixit, which is no evidence at all. Don't tell me what i must confine myself to--this is just more of your typical whining, which you attempt to justify with vague statements of the Chicken Little variety. As for your conceits about what you post, one need only look at the response you get, which, from most members, is deafening silence. But you delude yourself as you please, people always do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:33 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Sigh......Not much respect in this world..... as I'm sure you idiots would agree.

Now that was funny, Hingehead! Thanks. Laughing
0 Replies