Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:57 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Absolute blather is all we ever get from that idiot FrankA

That could be...

...but it certainly was appropriate in my last remark to you.

0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 10:36 am
Does anyone think this is seriously going to work?
Sounds like a bad joke...
...Is a gun only worth as much as an hour of lip synching nowadays? JK Laughing

Gun buyback proposal would trade firearms for Beyoncé tickets

Got a gun? Hand it in, and you could end up with a ticket to Beyoncé's Mrs. Carter tour.

At least, that's the dream of music manager Michael "Blue" Williams, the head of Family Tree Entertainment. The idea is part of his proposal for what the New York Daily News says would be the "first private-sector gun buyback program."

Called Guns for Greatness, Williams' proposal, made to the New York City Police Department, would offer music industry mentorship and concert tickets in exchange for firearms. Of course, if the department rubber-stamps the program, Williams, who has managed Outkast and Cee Lo Green, among others, still has to get the wildly popular singer to sign on to the idea.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told the Daily News that Williams' plan needs to be studied. He said, “We want to get as many guns off the streets, and if this works, we’d like to support it.”

The hip-hop mogul has raised $75,000 toward his $100,000 fundraising goal. Richard Buery, CEO and president of the Children’s Aid Society, has added his name to the proposal.

In a letter to the NYPD and shown to the Daily News, Williams writes, “A disturbingly high number of these [gun] victims are young people. As Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and others have noted strongly, the issue of gun violence is an urgent crisis that requires immediate attention.”

The NYPD currently has a program that offers cash for guns, no questions asked.

----
This Is one of the funniest news story I have read in a long time!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 12:15 pm

Will Obama and his ilk rush in and bring the gang that did this to justice?

Atlanta teen survives being shot 15 times after telling gang he wants out

HELL NO!
parados

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 12:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
Shooting is a state crime Spurt or are you arguing that you want Obama to federalize gun crimes?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 12:50 pm
@aspvenom,
They will get junk guns that are worth less then they are offering and little else.

As working guns are worth hundreds of dollars plus and even very cheap working guns are worth at least 50 dollars. Oh and that is before any black market markup is figure in
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 06:27 pm

Gun control will only penalize law-abiding citizens
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 12:32 pm

What's the message here?

Fla. high school student reportedly suspended after disarming gunman

genefog2

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:21 am
@H2O MAN,
The message is that the paranoid and twisted metnality of the people is no longer that a person who disarms a criminal is a hero, like it should be, instead it is that anyone who has a gun is a bad guy automaticly. It's called mind numbing stupidity.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:34 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
Re: H2O MAN (Post 5268382)
The message is that the paranoid and twisted metnality of the people is no longer that a person who disarms a criminal is a hero, like it should be, instead it is that anyone who has a gun is a bad guy automaticly. It's called mind numbing stupidity.

If there is anything "mind numbingly stupid here" (and I am not suggesting there is)...it would be that the people asking for more restrictions on gun ownership are actually saying that "anyone who has a gun is a bad guy automatically."

That is not the case...and that kind of hyperbole is not helpful.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Re: H2O MAN (Post 5268382)

If there is anything "mind numbingly stupid here" (and I am not suggesting there is)...it would be that the people asking for more restrictions on gun ownership are actually saying that "anyone who has a gun is a bad guy automatically."

That is not the case...and that kind of hyperbole is not helpful.

Your comment is factually incorrect.

Obama and his minions have been working feverishly to demonize gun owners.
Obama and his minions do convey the message that law abiding gun owners are the bad guys.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:55 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Your comment is factually incorrect.

Not to anyone whose mind is not set in concrete.

Quote:
Obama and his minions have been working feverishly to demonize gun owners.

No they haven't. And besides, there are many who are trying to get more restrictions on gun ownership who are anything but "Obama minions."

Quote:
Obama and his minions do convey the message that law abiding gun owners are the bad guys.

Only in minds like yours, H2O. This kind of distorted thinking is why I advocate for greater control over who may own a gun.
spendius

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:57 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O--You still haven't answered the question--why the US Tourist industry does not warn would be customers that they are banned from having the personal protection, which many Americans deem necessary for themselves militantly and so insistently, when tourists are possibly more at risk.

Is the US tourist industry luring tourists into danger by omitting this important matter from their tempting brochures and TV ads? You do stress the dangers a great deal.

Why is the NRA not running a gun hire business for tourists and other visitors?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Here you go blockhead...

In one fell-swoop, Obama demonizes gun owners and said that the spike in record gun sales is the
result of (right wing) “media” types/lobby “ginning up fear”, and gun retailers making a profit off that fear.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 09:09 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5269229)
Here you go blockhead...

In one fell-swoop, Obama demonizes gun owners and said that the spike in record gun sales is the
result of (right wing) “media” types/lobby “ginning up fear”, and gun retailers making a profit off that fear.

Very impartial source.

I'm surprised you didn't just quote yourself!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 09:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
I see the concrete between your ears has set up nice and solid, but your condition could be worse.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/andy58-in-nh/FR/fubar.jpg
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:05 am
@H2O MAN,
When I think about it H2O tourists have had background checks of one sort or another.

Are you not for answering the question?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:14 am
@spendius,

Tourist that travel to Chicago, DC and other big blue cities were law abiding citizens have
been disarmed in a militant fashion pretty much know the dangerous situation they will face.
spendius

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 11:42 am
@H2O MAN,
How do you fly the self-defence argument in little red states then?

You erected the dangers as a justification. Not me. In red states as well as blue. Is US advertising lying to us? Why is it not warning us that tourists and visitors are at greater risk than you citizens are prepared to take?

Holidays in the US are being mis-sold.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 12:37 pm
@spendius,

Self-defense is not an argument, it's a god given right backed up by the US constitution.

How do you not know this Spendi?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 12:42 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Holidays in the US are being mis-sold.

What about this?

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Screen-Shot-2013-01-08-at-10.12.32-PM-620x297.png
WELCOME TO AMERICA. I'VE GOT MINE, YOU'VE GOT YOURS.
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00IBMaHlynArkV/Solid-MDF-Coffins-IK01-.jpg