Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

BillRM

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Candidates would receive serious training from their local law enforcement officials. Qualified candidates would then get themselves armed so that they can better protect themselves and the children tax paying Americans put in their immediate care.

I already suggested on this thread that a similar program to arm teachers be set up that now exist for airline pilots.

A nut like that would never be sure if there are or are not arm teachers in that school instead of now where he knew that once in he had free reign until the police show up.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He started off with the assumption that this was all about gun manufacturers and not about individual freedom.

The dictatorship of the proletariat was about individual freedom. It's surprising what can be got away with simply by seeming to espouse the cause of freedom and accusing others of hating it.

Why isn't gun ownership made mandatory like seat belts are if protecting the citizen when he won't protect himself is the basic principle?
Lustig Andrei

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:31 pm
@RABEL222,
This thread has reached a level of insanity seldom encountered even when Oralloy takes to the ramparts. It's over.

Goodbye.
spendius

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:39 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
This thread has reached a level of insanity seldom encountered even when Oralloy takes to the ramparts. It's over.

Goodbye.

If we quit Andrei the insanity wins the day.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:41 pm
@oralloy,
It's pretty clear that the Obama administration is considering options regarding guns and other weapons.
It's also pretty clear that Americans will not accept any policy that further tramples the constitution in any way.

Considering the passionate arguments it's clear that emotions on both sides are running high... Obama must tread lightly.

The teachers and students were unarmed and at the mercy of a single sick individual armed with little guns and a small amount of ammo.
Just think of the level of carnage a few well armed and experienced sick individuals that currently disregard our constitution and our countries laws would do if American citizens were every disarmed.

Now think of the few sick individuals running foreign countries and controlling modern armies that this country would eventually be at the mercy of if American citizens are ever disarmed.

Ragman

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I agree wholeheartedly for the same reason and one other.
Seeing how few, if any at all, responses were offered to an interesting new wrinkle I put forth (about possible prescribed meds) I spoke of in my last post. I withdraw gladly as the discussion crabs sideways and/or goes far off topic constantly..breaking down into obfuscating A2K-aos.

Lastly, I am reminded of what to me is the important crux of the issue here..not about the politics...that innocent children have suffered unnecessarily and gave up their lives because society failed them..miserably.
parados

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:46 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Now think of the few sick individuals running foreign countries and controlling modern armies that this country would eventually be at the mercy of if American citizens are ever disarmed.

Red Dawn is just a movie Spurt. Trust me, if someone is able to overcome the US military, you and your little pea shooters aren't going to do much to stop them.
firefly

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:48 pm
@Foofie,
I'm tired of hearing the same pro-gun toting spiel,from the same handful of people, in almost every thread where we try to discuss another one of these shooting rampages, because none of these posters seems able to acknowledge that a similar and salient feature in all of these incidents is the type of weapon involved, and the fact that such weapons empower the shooter to rapidly kill many people in a matter of seconds, and the fact that we have insufficient regulation over the attainability of these weapons.

Whether there are other methods of killing people is beside the point. These are currently clearly the weapons of choice in most of the mass murders in this country in the past several years and some rational discussion of how better to regulate who purchases them, or whether the size of the clips should be limited, or even whether they should be available to just about anyone, seems essential if we want to stop the type of carnage we have been witnessing with alarming frequency.

That type of discussion is not going to happen with any of the pro-gun group that has been the most vocal in this thread and others of a similar nature. They aren't interested in anything beyond maintaining the status quo, and they aren't really interested in discussing anything about these specific deadly rampages. It's the same old, same old, from just about all of them. Even most NRA members agree that some common sense measures must be taken to help curb gun violence, but not this group. The particularly tragic nature of this latest incident, because it's targeted victims included 20 children who were only 6 and 7 years old, all of whom were slaughtered with multiple bullets, fired in a matter of seconds, seems to be rather acceptable collateral damage for their "right to bear arms".

I'd like to see some respect for the victims of this latest tragedy, the ones who paid the real price for that "right to bear arms", and that includes the families who now grieve these terrible losses. I'd like to see some recognition of these lives that were snuffed out, not by an act of nature, or a deadly disease, or an accident of some kind, but by a deliberate act of murder carried out by a gun.

These are the first two who will be buried today.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/907386/thumbs/r-JACK-PINTO-NOAH-POZNER-FUNERALS-large570.jpg?6

On the left is Jack Pinto, 6 years old.
Quote:
(CNN) – A first-grader, Jack’s interests ran the gamut – baseball, basketball, wrestling, snow skiing. But his first love was football, and his idol was NY Giants star receiver Victor Cruz.

Cruz paid tribute to the team’s young fan by scribbling “Jack Pinto. My Hero” on one of his cleats and “R.I.P. Jack Pinto” on the other during the team’s game with the Atlanta Falcons over the weekend. On his glove, Cruz wrote, “Jack Pinto. This one is 4 U!”

“In life and in death, Jack will forever be remembered for the immeasurable joy he brought to all who had the pleasure of knowing him, a joy whose wide reach belied his six short years,” Jack’s family wrote in an obituary for the little boy.
http://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/jack-pinto.jpg?w=450&h=254
http://wtvr.com/2012/12/17/newtown-victim-jack-pinto/

On the right in the above photo is Noah Pozner, who just turned 6 a month ago, and who was the youngest victim of the shooting rampage.
http://www.capitalbay.com/thumbnail.php?file=noah_pozner2_533704418.jpg&size=article_large
Quote:
Noah was described by an uncle as "smart as a whip," with a rambunctious streak. His twin sister, Arielle, was also in the school Friday morning, but in a different classroom. She survived.

"They were always playing together, they loved to do things together," his uncle Alexis Haller said. "When his mother, a nurse, would tell him she loved him, he would answer, "Not as much as I love you, Mom."
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Mourners-gather-to-remember-Noah-Pozner-Jack-4123833.php#ixzz2FL6HRQ3o

Foofie is right...
Quote:
All cats look grey in the dark, not all deaths; some are sadder than others...

And these deaths are particularly sad.

OmSigDAVID

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:54 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Yes, you're so right. He could have built a nuke and nuked them.

Or a can of gasoline and a road flare or a pipe with gunpower in it or..............

Lot of ways of killing defenseless children trap in a small room....................
drive a car into a crowd
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:55 pm
@Ragman,
I don't know if you're still reading or not but...

I was looking at your links and at related articles.

Other than these friends, I haven't heard anything about him being on medication, SSRIs or anything else.

I would really like to know if he was. Of course, medical records are private so we might not ever know the truth about that.
Frank Apisa

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5197990)
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Apparently you are addicted to hyperbole, oralloy.

No. Everything I said is the truth.

See what I mean!!!

If you see anything I've said that you feel is factually incorrect, you are free to try to challenge those facts.

The absence of any challenge to my facts will of course speak for itself.

Okay...here are a few:

The left hates America's freedom even more than Osama bin Laden did.

That is why the left is always trying to overthrow our Constitution.

The Democrats are plotting a major assault on our Constitutional liberties.

aspvenom

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:01 pm
@Ragman,
I wonder if he suffered megalomania as well, seeing that he deliberately chose to end the lives of kids.
Anyway, the insanity with violence using guns in this nation has gone above and beyond control.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:03 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Freedom is in the **** oralloy with silly sods like you going into bat for it.

The idea that you can capture the word and wear it on your chest as a badge of honour is an absurdity.

50 million kids becoming anxious in schools isn't freedom. It's stealing childhoods with incalculable consequences.
No.
From age 8 on up, I felt SERENE with my .38 revolver
in school and elsewhere.

I got decent grades in calculation; (we call it math).

David
aspvenom

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You brought your revolver to school when you were a kid? Shocked
Was that even legal?
Ragman

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:13 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks for your comments.

My fervent hope is that the public would be privy to his autopsy results...re those prior mentioned possible prescribed meds. It could be extremely revelatory and might point a legal finger in direction of a shrink and/or pharma control issue.

Outtie
OmSigDAVID

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:14 pm
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:
You brought your revolver to school when you were a kid? Shocked
Every day; I was threatened by dogs en route.
I field stripped a .30 caliber M-1 Carbine
for show and tell; good grade.

David

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:15 pm
@parados,
Paratwat, why do you skip over the realities and go for the childish jab at me?
Do you have a mental problem that prevents you from dealing with reality?
H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:17 pm
@firefly,
Your heart is in the right place, but you are under informed when it comes to firearms.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:21 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
BillRM wrote:
People here are talking about the complete dearming of the population

Who is doing that?

CI and Spendius, maybe others.

What you and Obama want to do is definitely a grievous violation of our Constitutional liberties, but some people want to do even worse.

parados wrote:
Given time and limited availability of new guns of a certain type, those guns that are restricted will eventually become rare or hard to obtain. That means they won't be purchased by thugs on the street corner or by people planning a massacre.

Trouble is, you want to ban a type that people have the right to have.
parados

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Paratwat, why do you skip over the realities and go for the childish jab at me?
Do you have a mental problem that prevents you from dealing with reality?

If only I could skip over realities in your posts. There don't seem to be any realities there. A lot of paranoia but no reality.
0 Replies